TAXI FOR DUNN!

Strange time to say this after a big defeat but I think we need to back our manager, stick with him and give him time to build a squad he wants.

We're quick to moan if players or managers leave us as soon as the grass appears greener so we need to show a bit of loyalty and stick with him. Not calling for his head after a few games in charge. We're not :censored:ing Leeds.

We've had decent spells of play here and there and his recruitment has on the whole been good. There hasn't been the usual "lost the dressing room" talk either.

But results have been largely poor and we've been shown to be weak at the back too often. (Maybe that's why he feels the need to screen them with the midfield?)

Let's see what he does in January, hopefully he'll address this soft underbelly with a solid, experienced defender. That, along with our injured players coming back and a hopefully more settled squad, might even set us up for a good end to the season and a bit of momentum into next year.

If that does happen and we start to do well, us sticking with him now might buy a bit of loyalty back in the future.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no evidence that we actually have a plan as to how we are attempting to win the game.

We have Yeates hugging the touchline on one one flank......and Philly tucked right inside on the right. That might work with Dummigan stretching the pitch - but Eckersley?? Are we stretching the pitch to create width or passing the ball inside to feet? I have no idea.

Kelly is playing on his own in the middle of the park. Fulton spends most of the game running a yard behind the play trying not to get injured and Dieng we saw at the weekend. How Winchester (and I am far from his biggest fan) is not in the team with that shape I have no idea.

What is Poleon supposed to be doing. If he is trying to read Higdons flicks (when he can be arsed to jump) then he needs to play closer...... yet we spend half the game lumping it into the channels for him to chase?

James Wilson for all people will criticise his role is playing in front of a goalkeeper who never leaves his line....or one who leaves his line with no consistency.

His central partner is forever rotated and our fullbacks get no defensive cover from either wide player so are permanently swinging in the breeze!! They are also useless themselves at tucking in when the ball is delivered from the opposite flank.

It is a complete mess and the team has no identity whatsoever. They looked marginally better with 3 at the back but that was forced and reactive rather than by design.

Moving forward it might provide an avenue.... but the players will need to be coached far better than at present. Possibly....

Dieng - J Wilson - B Wilson

Dummigan (if fit) Kelly Mills

Poleon Philliskirk Yeates

Higdon

We would require more discipline from Poleon, Philliskirk and Yeates but Jones would help when he returns.

He has to come up with something though.... and he cannot play Cornell on Saturday. That was one of the most gutless, professionally cowardly performances from a goalkeeper.

Edited by whitey1980

I cannot believe what I have just watched.

Without doubt the most embarrassing defensive display for many a year. Southend didn't even have to work hard to score all 5 of their goals, let alone 1.

If Dunn dares to have the nerve to defend that performance, or to make excuses for conceding 5 at home to :censored:ing Southend, then he's taking the piss.

Corney & Co have managed to turn what was quite possibly the most excitable and eagerly anticipated season back in the summer into an absolute shambles on and off the pitch. The new stand was due to be fully functioning and open for the opening game, people like Dowie and the like were showing an interest, and there was a genuine feel-good factor amongst the fanbase. We're all guilty of getting a little optimistic and giddy during pre-season, but this season felt different.

All we were waiting for is for Corney to hire a manager of substance. It didn't have to be a Dowie, and we know we haven't got the budget to attract stellar names, but there was 100+ candidates who applied for the job and Corney decides to give it to an absolute no-mark. I'm not sure whether it was because he's a cheap bastard, or whether he was just being arrogant after the relative success of LJ before he did one. Either way, it was a monumental :censored: up of an appointment.

It was pretty clear from the start that something was wrong. We can harp on about that 2nd half performance at Walsall, or the game at Bury, but these were isolated performances very early on in the season. It's clear both those teams have improved since then. Then the mauling at the hands of Peterborough arrived, and Corney then finally shows he made a mistake and ultimately binned Kelly. There was still an issue looming though, and that was the fact that Dunn was still there in the background and it was clear he was next in line - even before Kelly was sacked.

So there we had it again, another rookie appointment (the 3rd successive one), and we're now a few months on and it's actually got worse. At the time Kelly went, I didn't think that was possible, even with another rookie, but I was clearly wrong.

It's nearly December now and we've still only won 1 game at home. The football has been absolutely terrible, the tactics mind-numbingly defensive, and confidence amongst the players is at rock bottom. This, along with the 2,628 loanees that have featured this season, has meant for next to no stability whatsoever.

Corney then has a pop at the home fans, almost blaming us for the inept performances week on week. Now I've sat in the mainstand, and what a place that can be at times (sarcasm), but to put the blame on the fans for the negative atmosphere is something from the Barry Owen playbook. A few short weeks later and Dunn takes a page from that same book and criticises the away fans for trying to have a laugh because, once again, the football we were witnessing is :censored:.

The fans are the ones who are paying for season tickets.

Some of those fans have paid for season tickets in the new stand and have been constantly lied to about the delays (it was never an electricity or water issue).

There's then some more fans who have paid for boxes in the new stand and, as things stand, the place is still derelict.

There's other fans who are paying £22 at weekends to watch this :censored:.

Despite the :censored: on show, there's fans travelling up and down the country paying money for tickets, trains etc to watch this team away from home.

And despite all this, Corney, Barry, Dunn and co can sit there and wonder why there's a negative atmosphere amongst us, and then part some blame on us for the performances on the pitch?

I'm sorry, but that's complete bollocks.

Corney - a whole host of monumental :censored: ups on your part is the reason for the apathy amongst the fanbase. You had the opportunities this summer to make something good, and you've completely and utterly ruined it.

We're now in the relegation zone, and I dont think you have the minerals to accept you've made another glaring mistake in appointing Dunn by sacking him.

But you know what's worse? It's getting the point where I don't actually care anymore, and I never thought that would happen - even in the Penney days - let alone this pre-season.

Without doubt the most embarrassing defensive display for many a year. Southend didn't even have to work hard to score all 5 of their goals, let alone 1.

If Dunn dares to have the nerve to defend that performance, or to make excuses for conceding 5 at home to :censored:ing Southend, then he's taking the piss.

Corney & Co have managed to turn what was quite possibly the most excitable and eagerly anticipated season back in the summer into an absolute shambles on and off the pitch. The new stand was due to be fully functioning and open for the opening game, people like Dowie and the like were showing an interest, and there was a genuine feel-good factor amongst the fanbase. We're all guilty of getting a little optimistic and giddy during pre-season, but this season felt different.

All we were waiting for is for Corney to hire a manager of substance. It didn't have to be a Dowie, and we know we haven't got the budget to attract stellar names, but there was 100+ candidates who applied for the job and Corney decides to give it to an absolute no-mark. I'm not sure whether it was because he's a cheap bastard, or whether he was just being arrogant after the relative success of LJ before he did one. Either way, it was a monumental :censored: up of an appointment.

It was pretty clear from the start that something was wrong. We can harp on about that 2nd half performance at Walsall, or the game at Bury, but these were isolated performances very early on in the season. It's clear both those teams have improved since then. Then the mauling at the hands of Peterborough arrived, and Corney then finally shows he made a mistake and ultimately binned Kelly. There was still an issue looming though, and that was the fact that Dunn was still there in the background and it was clear he was next in line - even before Kelly was sacked.

So there we had it again, another rookie appointment (the 3rd successive one), and we're now a few months on and it's actually got worse. At the time Kelly went, I didn't think that was possible, even with another rookie, but I was clearly wrong.

It's nearly December now and we've still only won 1 game at home. The football has been absolutely terrible, the tactics mind-numbingly defensive, and confidence amongst the players is at rock bottom. This, along with the 2,628 loanees that have featured this season, has meant for next to no stability whatsoever.

Corney then has a pop at the home fans, almost blaming us for the inept performances week on week. Now I've sat in the mainstand, and what a place that can be at times (sarcasm), but to put the blame on the fans for the negative atmosphere is something from the Barry Owen playbook. A few short weeks later and Dunn takes a page from that same book and criticises the away fans for trying to have a laugh because, once again, the football we were witnessing is :censored:.

Some of those fans have paid for season tickets in the new stand and have been constantly lied to about the delays (it was never an electricity or water issue).

There's then some more fans who have paid for boxes in the new stand and, as things stand, the place is still derelict.

Despite the :censored: on show, there's fans travelling up and down the country paying money for tickets, trains etc to watch this team away from home.

And despite all this, Corney, Barry, Dunn and co can sit there and wonder why there's a negative atmosphere amongst us, and then part some blame on us for the performances on the pitch?

Corney - a whole host of monumental :censored: ups on your part is the reason for the apathy amongst the fanbase. You had the opportunities this summer to make something good, and you've completely and utterly ruined it.

We're now in the relegation zone, and I dont think you have the minerals to accept you've made another glaring mistake in appointing Dunn by sacking him.

But you know what's worse? It's getting the point where I don't actually care anymore, and I never thought that would happen - even in the Penney days - let alone this pre-season.

Best post.

Strange time to say this after a big defeat but I think we need to back our manager, stick with him and give him time to build a squad he wants.

We're quick to moan if players or managers leave us as soon as the grass appears greener so we need to show a bit of loyalty and stick with him. Not calling for his head after a few games in charge. We're not :censored:ing Leeds.

We've had decent spells of play here and there and his recruitment has on the whole been good. There hasn't been the usual "lost the dressing room" talk either.

But results have been largely poor and we've been shown to be weak at the back too often. (Maybe that's why he feels the need to screen them with the midfield?)

Let's see what he does in January, hopefully he'll address this soft underbelly with a solid, experienced defender. That, along with our injured players coming back and a hopefully more settled squad, might even set us up for a good end to the season and a bit of momentum into next year.

If that does happen and we start to do well, us sticking with him now might buy a bit of loyalty back in the future.

Dunn doesn't get a clean slate, he's just a continuation of the same clueless management setup we've had since Johnson left. Holden/Kelly/Dunn, it's the same :censored:...

How about we don't and sack him now! 9 home games without a win in the league one off our club record poor performances falling crowd numbers and no effort. What exactly are we getting in return for our monies and support? Dunn out!!

How long does the next guy get? 10 games? 5?

I must of missed that, how has this management team made two promising young keepers into jibbering wrecks, thats some acheivement. Both keepers confidence look shot to bits.

Because they both know one mistake means the drop

Dunn's handling of Colem an proves he will never make a manager.

Taxi for Dunn and take Holden with you.

How long does the next guy get? 10 games? 5?

This^, as much as I am pissed off, changing manager again isn't going to bring about much change, the players need to take more responsibility, let him have the January transfer window, bring in who he thinks can turn it around, some of the players we have are just not good enough.

Superb post, Crewe on Saturday is a relegation 6 pointer, defeat is not acceptable and should signal the end of Dunn's reign but please make sure he takes Holden with him!!

This^, as much as I am pissed off, changing manager again isn't going to bring about much change, the players need to take more responsibility, let him have the January transfer window, bring in who he thinks can turn it around, some of the players we have are just not good enough.

You do realise we could be as good as relegated by January??

Well said that man.

My biggest concern (of many) is that his arrogance in interviews & his pops at fans etc suggests a general disrespect for the club.

I'd quite like that if he'd earned the right to be like it & he could back it up but he's done nothing as a manager. Nothing whatsoever.

Whether you subscribe to many of these lot being good players or not (I do) they're not this bad. Are they?

He's taken us backwards from when he took over from Kelly. Who could have possibly imagined that could happen?

He seems to think he's bigger than us and I don't think he really gives a :censored: if he takes us down.

He might even want to as he's been brazen as :censored: in a few things he's said which were clearly designed to buy himself time.

I assume he's a multi millionaire so it doesn't really matter if he tries management and makes an almighty pigs ear of it.

If he does need a job there'll probably always be one at Blackburn for him now Bowyer's gone.

I'm very worried and I hope Corney doesn't use the twisted logic that he can't sack another manager as a reason to not do the right thing.