Conspiracy theory.

Corney wants to sell but finding some mug stupid enough to buy us is proving a tad difficult. Doing things on the cheap is a relatively sensible thing to do when you want to sell. However, you wouldn't reduce the chance of selling (by relegating us) to save more money (im not even sure we would save anything either).

Corney wants to sell but finding some mug stupid enough to buy us is proving a tad difficult. Doing things on the cheap is a relatively sensible thing to do when you want to sell. However, you wouldn't reduce the chance of selling (by relegating us) to save more money (im not even sure we would save anything either).

Theres plenty of mugs want to buy us.

However, they dont want to pay £8m for actual nothing, cos tta have taken it all.

Theres plenty of mugs want to buy us.

However, they dont want to pay £8m for actual nothing, cos tta have taken it all.

A question from BB80 was read out to SC on BBC Radio Manc on 18.11.2013:

Nobody would realistically buy the club without the land too, and some of the fans, myself included, don’t believe that the land is for sale with the club

Simon Corney:

Whoever comes along, if they want to buy the land, of course it’s for sale and, no offence to Oldham but it’s a piece of land in Oldham is not where myself and my partners are based, of course we’d give it up, but, at the same time, we’re in for a lot of money and we’d like to get a fair price for it. We’ll never recoup the money we’ve put into it.

With the North Stand we are a more attractive proposition but as the football club has gone into debt to fund the stand it is a less attractive proposition. They might like to keep the land and leave the lease with the football club in place but who would want to do that?

Tis a mess and undoubtedly relegation is just one step away from non league status - something that would beckon if we go down. 20th place is what they want but Dunn is taking us down! 10 from 9 under Kelly but 9 from 10 under Dunn - can't wait for the window or returning players as the problem is an inexperienced manager getting even less from what we thought (I still think) was/is a better than average squad. Bottom at the year end if this goes on.

what gets me with a lot of these comments about SC , players and the manager is do they genuinely believe they deliberately go out

to cock up ,

Did SC really think he could invest 8 Mill and make a profit ?

DO they want to see us relegated and see what little value there is in the club disappear?

Did the three amigos buy us just to asset strip the place?

DO they believe they can sell and make a profit ?

Does the manager set up his tactics to lose 5-2

Do they players go out to play badly just to piss supporters off ?

Totally mind blowing if people think that.

Things have gone badly wrong at all levels and things need to change , SC has picked some poor managers and board directors ,

Managers have bought and picked some poor players , players have played many poor games etc etc but to suggest that they do it on purpose is total garbage.

Nobody in their right mind does things to go so horribly wrong on purpose.

SC has done what he can to keep us afloat , yes and many mistakes have followed but he has made it plain that he will sell the club.

In his position what person wouldn't want the best deal he can get to at least limit his losses.

The problem is nobody wants to buy OAFC in this state or any other for that matter and until some oil magnate comes rolling up the A627

or we find the black stuff behind the RRS then we are where we are and SC will keep us afloat until something develops.

Criticise SC , managers and players on these boards because that's one of the few options we have to make our opinions known but to

suggest that some of the things that go wrong are done deliberately is sheer madness !!

Edited by losesome

what gets me with a lot of these comments about SC , players and the manager is do they genuinely believe they deliberately go out

to cock up ,

DO they want to see us relegated and see what little value there is in the club disappear?

Things have gone badly wrong at all levels and things need to change , SC has picked some poor managers and board directors ,

Managers have bought and picked some poor players , players have played many poor games etc etc but to suggest that they do it on purpose is total garbage.

SC has done what he can to keep us afloat , yes and many mistakes have followed but he has made it plain that he will sell the club.

In his position what person wouldn't want the best deal he can get to at least limit his losses.

The problem is nobody wants to buy OAFC in this state or any other for that matter and until some oil magnate comes rolling up the A627

or we find the black stuff behind the RRS then we are where we are and SC will keep us afloat until something develops.

Criticise SC , managers and players on these boards because that's one of the few options we have to make are opinions known but to

suggest that some of the things that go wrong are done deliberately is sheer madness !!

Despite all of that, a decent manager could still send a football team out to win games and have us punching above our weight.

Would be just our luck to strike oil when the price is at it's lowest for years

A question from BB80 was read out to SC on BBC Radio Manc on 18.11.2013:

Nobody would realistically buy the club without the land too, and some of the fans, myself included, dont believe that the land is for sale with the club

Simon Corney:

Whoever comes along, if they want to buy the land, of course its for sale and, no offence to Oldham but its a piece of land in Oldham is not where myself and my partners are based, of course wed give it up, but, at the same time, were in for a lot of money and wed like to get a fair price for it. Well never recoup the money weve put into it.

Well thats fantastic.

Apart from all the houses and hospital related stuff they have built on it.

But yeah, good one.

Jeeeeez I feel so silly now.

to cock up ,

Criticise SC , managers and players on these boards because that's one of the few options we have to make our opinions known but to

It was totally mind blowing for people to think that...but the Evans fiasco seems to have been the catalyst for a number of decisions (mainly involving appointing/not appointing managers..) which have been beyond comprehension.

There was a "Corney quits" headline on the Chron website for a short time after it turned out Evans wasn't signing and while Corney obviously hasn't quit, I think this event might have been the straw which had broken the camel's back for him with regards the club.

I hope he has still got the energy for us (and isn't leaving decisions to anyone else on the board..) and has the best interests of the club at heart but, while we're on conspiracy theories - how about one where we get relegated (and then maybe get relegated again), even more fans lose interest and give up, meaning there's barely 1,000 hard-core left who are devoid of any sort of spirit meaning it's easy to wind the club up with barely a whimper...probably easier and less costly than making sure we can compete.

Just a thought, like..