Ritchie Wellens

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Described as a new low.

Lower than Ched, lower than nearly going under.

Nah.

Given Dunn's other business interest, he needs Dunn I reckon. Possibly Wellens too. So he will be biaised.

It's clear from the other tweets we didn't offer Wellens the deal he wanted, that is all. Not the end of the world. Dunn cannot have every player he wants, he's a grown man. Or has he been too mollycodddled to understand what it is like in League 1? We know from the FFP and new stand money is tight this year.

And who was in charge when we went out of the cup with a whimper....

I think some are reading too much into this.

To me the board are doing very little to help Dunn with the hope he falls in his sword and walks away!

He wants Philly, sold. He wanted Wellens, sold! If Kelly goes as well that will certainly be what's happening!

They appear to be doing to Dunn similar to what they did to Kelly and making his position untenable - I don't like the guy and yes want him out but there's ways of doing things and the club have been disgraceful with the last two managers.

As Barry said "we do things right around here"

Lower than Ched, lower than nearly going under.

Nah.

Given Dunn's other business interest, he needs Dunn I reckon. Possibly Wellens too. So he will be biaised.

It's clear from the other tweets we didn't offer Wellens the deal he wanted, that is all. Not the end of the world. Dunn cannot have every player he wants, he's a grown man. Or has he been too mollycodddled to understand what it is like in League 1? We know from the FFP and new stand money is tight this year.

And who was in charge when we went out of the cup with a whimper....

I think some are reading too much into this.

Think he means "new low" in terms of not backing the manager, :censored:ing players around and what we are offering.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Think he means "new low" in terms of not backing the manager, :censored:ing players around and what we are offering.

Although some will see the low point as Dunn coming in and undermining our whole season on the promise the hot seat was his, depends how you want to dress it up.

What's going on?

Last week or so -

Out: Burn, O'Connell, Philliskirk, Wellens, Yeates, Higdon, Fulton, Rasulo, Wellens.

In: Lafferty, Dummigan (extending),

Serious cost cutting going on.

So if the plan is also to lose Poleon, gain a CB, and keep Murphy and Kelly?

To me the board are doing very little to help Dunn with the hope he falls in his sword and walks away!

He wants Philly, sold. He wanted Wellens, sold! If Kelly goes as well that will certainly be what's happening!

Tbh they may aswell sack him and have done with it if that's the case if he's having players sold from underneath him then we are delaying the inevitable here. 1 win on Saturday is not going to drastically change anything and if we lose the atmosphere is going to be very ugly. It's either that or the club are in serious financial trouble hence the fire sale. Edited by GlossopLatic

Cost cutting may be understandable, I just hope this isn't part of a negotiation strategy to force Dunn out (i.e to make him quit by giving him nothing to work with) rather than make the decision to sack him with the appropriate severance pay.

This is exactly what is happening....