Season Ticket Holders.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a :censored:ing chance under the current management and board. Every year I back down and buy - this year I don't want to even Use the ticket I've paid for.

You have been saying this for the last 10 years on here and on jklatics on rivals net see you next season :)

Tongue now out of cheek I will be renewing but I'm already looking forward to this season ending so we can press the reset button.

For me this isn't even a football decision. If the football continues to provide the level of entertainment we've seen so far this year I'd be picking and choosing which games I went to, whether I had a season ticket or not.

I'm torn between not renewing as a protest vote against the club hierarchy, who have mismanaged the club so badly over the past year and treated the fans with utter contempt, and renewing to support my football club and the many good people there who work so hard behind the scenes.

On balance, I think I would renew to support those who deserve it. But I can empathise fully with those who think enough is enough. I just hope they come back when the current custodians of the club have ridden off in to the sunset.

Never previously owned an ST, so bought one this year for the new stand. At this point I feel conned into doing that, simply because there was absolutely no chance whatsoever of that stand being ready on time, but the stories were put out there to make fans buy one anyway.

Couple that with the fact that Corney keeps making cheap managerial appointments, and the painfully boring and negative football that's on show every week, and I think you know my answer.

I will start by saying that I am thankfully not a season ticket holder. If I was I think it would make me attemd every game just because I would have the ticket.

This season I very nearly bought for the first time since I was much younger. Thank god I didnt.

So my question is this, If you have one will you be renewing next season? I have seen lots of posts on here twitter and facebook saying theybwont be renewing.

There have been lots of diffrent reasons for this ranging from the new stand to appointments of managers and results.

So whats your plan for your season ticket and why?

Renewing? Yes. Why? Because it's my club.

Not a :censored:ing chance under the current management and board. Every year I back down and buy - this year I don't want to even Use the ticket I've paid for.

It does appears that the stomach has gone out of the fans. The apathy from within killing us. Folk should be renewing more than ever so that they can be as vocal against Corney as they were against Talbot, Moore, Penney, Dickov, Kelly and now currently Dunn. Interesting how they all get it in the neck during games...but who is standing up with the "That Simon Corney...get out of our club..." Strange!

Yep - blame the fans. It's always our fault.

There are some occasions where it has been. For me, them getting Moore sacked was a huge blow (honestly feel we would've gone up the following season but that's old news/debates.) And many harped on about shutting the Chaddy to home fans who didn't even sit in there (it has without doubt cost us some attending.) Then there are the folk who walk away coz we are :censored:. Like we haven't been :censored: for years and years. It isn't always the fans fault...but there has been times.

It does appears that the stomach has gone out of the fans. The apathy from within killing us. Folk should be renewing more than ever so that they can be as vocal against Corney as they were against Talbot, Moore, Penney, Dickov, Kelly and now currently Dunn. Interesting how they all get it in the neck during games...but who is standing up with the "That Simon Corney...get out of our club..." Strange!

The time was 6 years ago I came out publicly after the 1-0 defeat bs Bristol rovers the week after we eeee battered 3-0 at home to Hartlepool that the three landlords' austerity measures would slowly kill us off.

I was vilified and criticised over and over.....

I :censored:ing hate being right I thought we couldn't get any lower in mood than that Penney season - how wrong I was and under the present regime on and off the field i can only see it getting worse and I'm :censored:ing gutted. But I can't keep giving my all to something week after week year after year when every year you become more and more detached from it - whether it be players not giving a :censored:, the loanee revolving door, Barry's foot in mouth quotes or poor decisions like Ched Evans saga or polarising the fanbase with the mooted move to failsworth I've simply had enough. I may feel differently in the summer but I feel I've nothing left to give.

I'd give my left bollock to be back where we were at the end of Ritchie's last full season. All we had was hope and cautious optimism. Now I feel empty....

Edited by oafcprozac

The time was 6 years ago I came out publicly after the 1-0 defeat bs Bristol rovers the week after we eeee battered 3-0 at home to Hartlepool that the three landlords' austerity measures would slowly kill us off.

I was vilified and criticised over and over.....

I :censored:ing hate being right I thought we couldn't get any lower in mood than that Penney season - how wrong I was and under the present regime on and off the field i can only see it getting worse and I'm :censored:ing gutted. But I can't keep giving my all to something week after week year after year when every year you become more and more detached from it - whether it be players not giving a :censored:, the loanee revolving door, Barry's foot in mouth quotes or poor decisions like Ched Evans saga or polarising the fanbase with the mooted move to failsworth I've simply had enough. I may feel differently in the summer but I feel I've nothing left to give.

I'd give my left bollock to be back where we were at the end of Ritchie's last full season. All we had was hope and cautious optimism. Now I feel empty....

And yet, several times you have had sweet nothings in your ear off Simon who has won you round. Just saying. All these alarm bells and sirens should have been going off with everyone (not the few vilified people) when the deeds were dropped into Brassbank and especially when the idea of FAILSworth was mooted.

The point also still stands... "Folk should be as vocal against Corney as they were against Talbot, Moore, Penney, Dickov, Kelly and now currently Dunn"

Maybe like with Chris Moore and Torex, this time folk will have to hop onto a plane to New York to burn effigies...

Edited by boundaryblue80

If you want to get personal Ross there's no point debating. Simon knows how I feel I've had stand up rows with him in the club car park he thinks I'm a :censored: but I care not a jot there's a time a couple of years ago where I had some sympathy now that time has gone it's not only him it's the entire board that aren't fit for purpose. Collectively there's no stomach for a fight amongst the fanbase it's been driven away in a sea of disappointment and apathy.

Even if Corney goes? Where's that leave us? Barry Owen as chairman perhaps or maybe yours and Dunny's mutual friend fancies a go? Seems to have a bit of clout with the players?

And yet, several times you have had sweet nothings in your ear off Simon who has won you round. Just saying. All these alarm bells and sirens should have been going off with everyone (not the few vilified people) when the deeds were dropped into Brassbank and especially when the idea of FAILSworth was mooted.

The point also still stands... "Folk should be as vocal against Corney as they were against Talbot, Moore, Penney, Dickov, Kelly and now currently Dunn"

Maybe like with Chris Moore and Torex, this time folk will have to hop onto a plane to New York to burn effigies...

Things are bad, and we need a change. The correlation to poor decision making and the need for Simon Corney to return home to his family is clear. (Let's be fair, we do not know the reasons for that.)

But to compare Corney to Moore is horse:censored: and just being a drama queen.

If you want to get personal Ross there's no point debating. Simon knows how I feel I've had stand up rows with him in the club car park he thinks I'm a :censored: but I care not a jot there's a time a couple of years ago where I had some sympathy now that time has gone it's not only him it's the entire board that aren't fit for purpose. Collectively there's no stomach for a fight amongst the fanbase it's been driven away in a sea of disappointment and apathy.

Even if Corney goes? Where's that leave us? Barry Owen as chairman perhaps or maybe yours and Dunny's mutual friend fancies a go? Seems to have a bit of clout with the players?

How is saying Simon has said sweet nothings into your ears over the years personal, Paul? It's merely a fact. Simon thinks anyone who challenges him is a :censored:. The only way for Simon to go at present (if selling is out of the question) is for him to hand over the club to someone who knows how football works (like not pissing off your fans, promoting the club, not outsourcing every single bit about the club) and take himself away from the day to day. Not Barry tho...he shouldn't be anywhere near the club. I wouldn't even let him walk my dog!

How is saying Simon has said sweet nothings into your ears over the years personal, Paul? It's merely a fact. Simon thinks anyone who challenges him is a :censored:. The only way for Simon to go at present (if selling is out of the question) is for him to hand over the club to someone who knows how football works (like not pissing off your fans, promoting the club, not outsourcing every single bit about the club) and take himself away from the day to day. Not Barry tho...he shouldn't be anywhere near the club. I wouldn't even let him walk my dog!

When talking of someone who knows how football works... He had his detractors but the last genuine football man we had on the board was Alan Hardy - give me him over Neil "non entity" joy anyday

Things are bad, and we need a change. The correlation to poor decision making and the need for Simon Corney to return home to his family is clear. (Let's be fair, we do not know the reasons for that.)

But to compare Corney to Moore is horse:censored: and just being a drama queen.

Think you've mistaken the point. Not once have I said he is like Chris Moore. The point is...will it take a day like what happened under Moore (the life support machine being turned off) for people to react in such a way as they did in 2003? Coz at the moment...fans walking away from the club does nothing but put it closer to death (currently we are in a coma.) Either folk stick with it and be vocal about the need for change within (you know, a bit like they are with their managers) or they take part in one big assisted suicide by not renewing.

Everyone has a choice...

Nobody should be telling anyone else whether they should or not. It's a personal decision and, when it gets to the point that people don't want to be there anymore, how can anyone say that they should be spending the best part of £400 the next season?

Frightened they might scare him away, following which the club will of course go down the pan. But I don't feel angry at Holden, Kelly, Dunn, et al. I think they're all utterly useless choices as manager but they weren't the ones who made the decision to appoint them, Corney was.

You can be as vocal as you want but Corney's going :censored:ing nowhere.

Think you've mistaken the point. Not once have I said he is like Chris Moore. The point is...will it take a day like what happened under Moore (the life support machine being turned off) for people to react in such a way as they did in 2003? Coz at the moment...fans walking away from the club does nothing but put it closer to death (currently we are in a coma.) Either folk stick with it and be vocal about the need for change within (you know, a bit like they are with their managers) or they take part in one big assisted suicide by not renewing.

Everyone has a choice...

The closest the big man has come to quitting has been when getting loads of criticism about Ched. Doesn't like the negative media attention. Maybe Mr Chambers is the key to this?

The closest the big man has come to quitting has been when getting loads of criticism about Ched. Doesn't like the negative media attention. Maybe Mr Chambers is the key to this?

I took that as nothing more than a stunt to scare the fans into siding with him again.

Nobody should be telling anyone else whether they should or not. It's a personal decision and, when it gets to the point that people don't want to be there anymore, how can anyone say that they should be spending the best part of £400 the next season?

Frightened they might scare him away, following which the club will of course go down the pan. But I don't feel angry at Holden, Kelly, Dunn, et al. I think they're all utterly useless choices as manager but they weren't the ones who made the decision to appoint them, Corney was.

You can be as vocal as you want but Corney's going :censored:ing nowhere.

Be interesting if we do get relegated then...he has said himself that he's off if we go down. But then he does have a history of not sticking to plans. For the record, no, I wouldn't accept relegation to get rid.

Be interesting if we do get relegated then...he has said himself that he's off if we go down. But then he does have a history of not sticking to plans. For the record, no, I wouldn't accept relegation to get rid.

It would. But I wouldn't hold your breath. Hopefully it won't come to that.

More likely to buy one if we're relegated at present. If there's reason for optimism and a potential promotion push, I'd be up for it regardless of the division.

Not sure how much more of 'these' seasons I can take though. I always miss 5 or 6 games a season minimum anyway and only buy a season ticket because I'd probably only go to 3 or 4 home games a season if I didn't. It's getting hard to justify it though.

Edited by longtimeblue

I won't be renewing next season for the simple reasons the product on the pitch is boring and our owner and board are sucking the life out of our club to the point that for the first time in my life I get absolutely no pleasure from any part of Oldham Athletic.I've had a season ticket for over 20 years and I get that we are always going to struggle to compete financially but there is no reason why whatever 11 players play can't be sent our there to try to score goals and win every game. As for the owner and his board of directors, can anyone tell me the last time they made a good decision that benefitted Oldham Athletic?