Season Ticket Holders.

My first season ticket since 1995/6 and so far I've only been to 4 matches, I can't even give it away now when I can't go. Can't see me renewing next time. If I pay for champagne and get a :censored:e bottle of cava then I'd be pissed off and would demand a refund, unfortunately I can't do that with my ST but will I buy again? What's the point?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a season ticket and missed 2 games already, I will be missing a few more now due to having better things to do on a saturday afternoon, I will not be renewing next season for the first time since the mid eighties and I will be getting one for Curzon Ashton, they have their own club with good cheap beer ,food plus sky sports, Also I come from Ashton so will be supporting my local team and ending a 40 year relationship with O.A.F.C , The owners and directors and players don't show any loyalty to this club so It's time I ended mine !!!

Sad to say but the end is nigh for this club.

End of rant.

I'm 99% sure I won't be renewing its not that suprising I know, nearly didn't bother for this season but ended up being convinced by the bull:censored: merchants from the club. More than anything leaving the football aside I feel misled and let down, my season ticket monies won't make a huge difference to what the club does next season but along with the hundreds of others who won't be bothering it will make a huge difference, I'm not really sure what could convince me to renew I just feel totally dejected and disillusioned with it all.

I'll be renewing. Here's why;

Saturdays/Tuesdays are my family time. A time when we all meet on mass, sometimes at each other's house or the pub at 12.30 for a beer and to watch the early game at the White Hart or Bull's head, chat about our week, have a bet with each other about the outcome of the game, have a bit of banter about our fantasy football league. We go down to BP, win or lose, and occasionally have a few during and after the game. Same goes for away days. It's my/our routine, however dire we maybe. Football Saturdays are part of our lives, I think we would be a little lost without them.

There is the fact that Oldham are my hometown club and I want my lad to follow suit when he's my age, doing what we do now. I'm sure we as a family are not alone, in that other people practice the same routine as we do whether it be family or mates.

Call me sad or an old romantic but I reckon we'll always be season ticket holders as the damn club has become part of our weekly lives!

Bingo!

Great post, same here, the actual football doesn't matter but the going and seeing the Latics people matters.

The routines, the habits, the rituals are what makes a Saturday and Tuesday. The human interaction with other sufferers of Latics.

I can talk to Liverpool, city, United or villa fans any day of the week but Saturday and Tuesday are the days I get to talk to the ones who were there when that thing happened or find out how their son is getting on at university. Seeing the joy on their faces when we score knowing they are feeling the same relief I am.

They understand.

I'm renewing next season and the one after that. And the next, I'm an Oldham fan, it's what I do. Next season is going to ok, there's that young player coming through, with a couple of signings and if we keep hold of him and him we might even do ok.

Besides, have a good summer and see you next season, let's meet up for a pint over the close season...

my head is saying no. I've missed 2 games already and due another in January. I don't enjoy games anymore

I will do though. It's just what we do.

Be interesting to see how these answers change if we get knew owners. I would hope all those who have said no would change their answers if new owners came in the summer. Regardless what division we are in a show of support for them could prove a turning point

I have a season ticket and missed 2 games already, I will be missing a few more now due to having better things to do on a saturday afternoon, I will not be renewing next season for the first time since the mid eighties and I will be getting one for Curzon Ashton, they have their own club with good cheap beer ,food plus sky sports, Also I come from Ashton so will be supporting my local team and ending a 40 year relationship with O.A.F.C , The owners and directors and players don't show any loyalty to this club so It's time I ended mine !!!

End of rant.

you may want to change your username then ?

End of rant.

You need to change your user name then!

Damn you beat me to it!

Edited by owdumer

Its pointless asking if people will be renewing their season tickets now. We might win every match from now on (never been less confident in a statement ever) and everyone will be getting a season ticket.

More chance of me marrying Maria Sharapova than us winning more than half our remaining matches

Edited by JWhite101

ST since 85,will I renew next season, no, reason why, already missed a couple, won't be going any over the xmas period, other things on which i would normally pick latics over them and fall out with the Mrs, not anymore,

I've never seen the players more distant with the fans ever, a manager who slags the fans off a minute into his job, a chairman who only speaks to slag the fans off then disappears and let's the club rot, new stand say no more!! I've never grumbled at forking out the money for a ST but this season I feel mugged off by the club I used to love and put first over 99% of things in life, will it change, I don't know,it's over to you mr corney.

I'll be renewing...

The people who come to watch Oldham and other clubs similar to ours, non-season ticket holders as well, are the real die-hards of football fans in this country, because we SUPPORT our football club. We aren't the tourists that infest Old Trafford every week, yes the football isn't good at the moment, but I will give DD at least one transfer window to see if things improve. I am a ST holder in the North Stand and feel just as let down as everybody else about the 'Grand Opening'.

As for the calamitous year we've had; Chedgate, Tattoo bogging-off to Barnsley (which doesn't look a bad thing looking at their position), managerial (PowerPoint) appointments and the general PR of the club has been, at times, laughable, but out of our control. Trawling round some other forums over recent seasons, Tranmere, Blackpool, Barnsley and Leeds to name but a few, makes me absolutely euphoric.

The board seem to be shambling about like the zombie hoards in The Walking Dead, but could I ever see the day that I'll stop supporting Latics, Nah

End of rant.

You will need to change your username though next season.

It is getting harder but I suppose I will in the end even with league 2 calling. My concern is that the debacle with the North Stand has shown how poorly this club is now being run and without a change it looks like non league the season after next.

If we go down,fans will still buy season tickets in the hope the team will come straight back up again.

I think that's pretty much it in a nutshell for me - that and living close to the ground. I'm trying not to think of this happening, thankfully I was serving away with the RAF when we were last relegated so I've not actually been sat in the ground when it's happened. Let's hope that's still the case.

Edited by thetramdriver

I think that's pretty much it in a nutshell for me - that and living close to the ground. I'm trying not to think of this happening, thankfully I was serving away with the RAF when we were last relegated so I've not actually been sat in the ground when it's happened. Let's hope that's still the case.

Who was our last relegation match at Boundary park against, and what was the attendance, anyone know ?

Edited by BP1960

As has been eloquently put by others ...the club is the one I support and always will

Support sometimes means doing things for the long term future and to me that means backing the club financially as much as I can. I will renew

This for me. And now is far too early for this question to be asked. Let's wait and see where we are around Easter - by then we will have a better idea of what NEXT SEASON may bring...

I'm bored of this :censored:e, I won't be getting one next year if we're in league one.

League Two, most probably as we will have really hit the :censored: and I wouldn't want us to go any lower.

I hear some people now saying there's no logic in that as though if I don't put money in at league one level then we could be looking at relegation anyway, but honestly I'm so bored with handing over so much money to watch essentially the same script every season since 2002/3 my first season going properly.