Season Ticket Holders.

I will start by saying that I am thankfully not a season ticket holder. If I was I think it would make me attemd every game just because I would have the ticket.

This season I very nearly bought for the first time since I was much younger. Thank god I didnt.

So my question is this, If you have one will you be renewing next season? I have seen lots of posts on here twitter and facebook saying theybwont be renewing.

There have been lots of diffrent reasons for this ranging from the new stand to appointments of managers and results.

So whats your plan for your season ticket and why?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like I have been completely lied to this season with the appointment of Kelly. Then the lies over the new stand - doesn't directly effect me but just shows how badly club is being run. A board full of yes men who know nothing about running a professional football club.Barry Owens clueless comments about not wanting to be promoted - paraphrasing but let's not compete because it might be a struggle.

The club has been dying for a good few years now declining fan base and a board who don't want the team to do well just to survive. The product on the pitch is dire and I've had enough of wasting 340 a season. I have enjoyed 2 home games this season.

If Corney has given up I may as well to..I don't see where this terminal decline will end at the moment

Have a season ticket and not been since Burton in October. Only renewed this year because of the new stand but that isn't outweighing the dreck on the pitch. If today was the final day of the season I wouldn't be renewing at this point. See what happens over the next few months but £350 pretty much pays for a week's holiday and sounds much more appealing.

As painful as it is to watch the negative football we currently play, i will be renewing all three ST we have. I will do this because Oldham is my hometown club and they need my support more than ever during these dark days. I am fortunate to remember the good days when the club gave me fantastic entertainment week on week. It is my time to give something back when most needed. If we all walk away we will not have a club to support and the good times (relative of course) will never return. I am not just not ready to give up on the club i have supported all my life.

Basically I wouldn't go to the games if I hadn't bought a ST. I've stopped going to away matches and actually I'm not bothered how the team does this season. I've had enough. I appreciate Corney's money and the bank's has stopped us losing our team but his recent decisions: Ched Evans, choice of manager since Johnson left, the north stand - he's turned us into a joke.

Gave my ticket away after the barnsley game...wont be renewing next year under current structure.

Decided id wasted enough time this season. Will i still attend the odd game? Probably....but mainly when the ticket isnt in use by my brother.

I love the club but the complete lack of leadership from above and the spineless performances on the pitch have just left me totally disinterested in matchdays.

I genuinly can't see a way back from the spiral we're in...

Had a season ticket for 20 odd years and at the moment I wont be renewing. The last twelve months have drained every last bit of support I have for the club. I wont list everything as it would take to long but the ched evans bollocks, the lie after lie with the stand, lack of investment on the football side of things and finally treatment of the supporters are the main reasons that I dont want to renew. I hope the club ate taking note of how supporters feel because sooner rather than later, there will be very few supporters left

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

As painful as it is to watch the negative football we currently play, i will be renewing all three ST we have. I will do this because Oldham is my hometown club and they need my support more than ever during these dark days. I am fortunate to remember the good days when the club gave me fantastic entertainment week on week. It is my time to give something back when most needed. If we all walk away we will not have a club to support and the good times (relative of course) will never return. I am not just not ready to give up on the club i have supported all my life.

Ditto! I have had a season ticket for 45 years and will have one if I am still breathing for another 45 years. Oldham til I die! Don't sing it if you don't mean it!

If only all the lapsed fans from the early 90s had stuck by the club it could have paid for better players and we might not be in the :censored: now.

Had a season ticket the last 6 seasons, before this season i've missed 3 home games in 6 years. This season i got a season ticket but have missed 4 games, ive always planned things like night outs around latics games, this year i just don't mind missing games, i'm not going on saturday either, works Christmas do in Manchester is far more appealing. This time 2 years ago there is no way i'd have gone to Manchester whilst latics were at home, but this past year has seriously made me disillusioned. I'm just not enjoying it at all, and if i feel like this at the end of the season then they've lost another £340 quid off me.

I'll be renewing. Here's why;

Saturdays/Tuesdays are my family time. A time when we all meet on mass, sometimes at each other's house or the pub at 12.30 for a beer and to watch the early game at the White Hart or Bull's head, chat about our week, have a bet with each other about the outcome of the game, have a bit of banter about our fantasy football league. We go down to BP, win or lose, and occasionally have a few during and after the game. Same goes for away days. It's my/our routine, however dire we maybe. Football Saturdays are part of our lives, I think we would be a little lost without them.

There is the fact that Oldham are my hometown club and I want my lad to follow suit when he's my age, doing what we do now. I'm sure we as a family are not alone, in that other people practice the same routine as we do whether it be family or mates.

Call me sad or an old romantic but I reckon we'll always be season ticket holders as the damn club has become part of our weekly lives!

Been a fan since 1955. few breaks in attendance when I was playing or working but always a fan even in relection application years.if we go down then thats me finished I'll support Macclesfield rather than travel 50 mile round trip every home match and I'm afraid age is against me these days. p.s Forgot too add I speak for more than myself.

Edited by pk200