• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Cassidy was hopeless, too slow, dominated in the air and never looked liked scoring a goal

We might has well have played with 10 men. If he continues in the team we are indeed doomed.

Totally agree with that bp

Not sure who we'd play instead of him though ?

I'd start with

Forte wide left

Murphy in the middle

And maybe Poleon just off him, another who should do so much better, plenty of pace, the odd excellent goal , but poor first touch and control

I thought Cassidy was hopeless, too slow, dominated in the air and never looked liked scoring a goal

We might has well have played with 10 men. If he continues in the team we are indeed doomed.

Absolutely. Utterly useless. Thought exactly the same myself - like playing with one man fewer. Never wins anything in the air, poor with his feet, movement very average. There's nothing there.

Rather stick Poleon up top and Forte on the wing from the start.

Absolutely. Utterly useless. Thought exactly the same myself - like playing with one man fewer. Never wins anything in the air, poor with his feet, movement very average. There's nothing there.

Rather stick Poleon up top and Forte on the wing from the start.

"He's not fit though"

Only missed three months and played every game since December like...

The forward play is not the issue. Centre backs was the only issue today, someone who can win a header. Millwall''s tactic all day was the hoof it down the middle and it worked. Dieng and Brian Wilson are not centre back and never have been. Confidence comes from stopping poor goals but once again both goals scored within the 6 yard box. Glad to see Coleman in the sticks and Dummingan and Lafferty and good enough at LB and RB. Bringing Wilson on with 2 minutes left was a pointless substitution.. if he is fit enough for the bench for the second game running he was fit enough to start. If you cant sign a centre back then surely George edmundson could be given a go.. anyone who can head a ball would be a bonus!

The forward play is not the issue. Centre backs was the only issue today, someone who can win a header. Millwall''s tactic all day was the hoof it down the middle and it worked. Dieng and Brian Wilson are not centre back and never have been. Confidence comes from stopping poor goals but once again both goals scored within the 6 yard box. Glad to see Coleman in the sticks and Dummingan and Lafferty and good enough at LB and RB. Bringing Wilson on with 2 minutes left was a pointless substitution.. if he is fit enough for the bench for the second game running he was fit enough to start. If you cant sign a centre back then surely George edmundson could be given a go.. anyone who can head a ball would be a bonus!

I think Wilson was on the bench because his performances and attitude have been appalling for weeks - nothing to do with fitness. Dropping him is one of the few things I agree with Dunn on

And I think the only reason he was brought on for Dummigan was to go three at the back and push for a second goal

Edited by JWhite101

I'm all for slagging everyone off but that was unlucky. Cracking goal they scored and we did have a long spell of confident, attacking play.

Forte makes an enormous difference to us.

I thought overall we were the better team and far superior in the second half. For once I've come away from BP with some positives, Mike Jones was fantastic, having Forte taking full backs on and getting crosses in will make chances for Murphy that we know he can stick away. I bet they can't believe their luck coming away with three points today.

The forward play was an issue, Cassidy in particular was never in the game. how he remained on the pitch is a mystery to me.

Our 2 centre backs were indeed the opposite of Millwall's, and I thought Lafferty looked sluggish and way off full fitness.

A weird one. I liked the performance and, although we got beat, felt we deserved the win and have come away more positive than last week.

However i still feel depressed as its another defeat and in the wider context the performance doesnt change our situation as it is.

I thought overall we were the better team and far superior in the second half. For once I've come away from BP with some positives, Mike Jones was fantastic, having Forte taking full backs on and getting crosses in will make chances for Murphy that we know he can stick away. I bet they can't believe their luck coming away with three points today.

They felt they won deservedly.

Can you tell us in what aspect you think they were lucky?

We lost. All that matters is that we can't get a win.

Switching Jones gave us the goal and bringing on Forte the possibility of winning but their goal keeper made two cracking saves and whilst pressing we were done on the counter attack.

Team did look better after they scored but that is the key as they scored and then played to protect the lead. When we managed to score they quickly went ahead again.

Some really good advice being dispensed from the crowd yesterday, "Winchester,get on the wing and F*****g stay there!!!"

Obviously a budding Mourinho.

"Piss of back to Crawley, Murphy!"

"F**king retire, Wilson!"

Just two offerings I heard at the Doncaster match.

Top banter...

Some really good advice being dispensed from the crowd yesterday, "Winchester,get on the wing and F*****g stay there!!!"

Obviously a budding Mourinho.

That was near me. Winchester heard it and gave a :censored: off look.

Four or five shouted encouragement to Winchester when he came back over 30 seconds later.

It always baffles me when people talk about how upset & affected the players get with direct abuse from the crowd. On the rare occassions I've heard this over the years it's often been quickly followed by more normal people shouting encouragement.