Now Sheridan is Back, Rest of the Season Predictions

Rest of the Season Predictions.  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Latics finish in the league?

Wondering how many people have changed their mid-season prediction of us being relegated.

I believe we can stay up with Sheridan as manager, whereas before I was certain League 2 awaited us with Dunn in charge.

The Results from the last poll just 12 days ago...

ridklz.png

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still the same players and in spite of Dunn they should have won more games than they have.

Dont get ahead of yourselves

These players didnt react when Kelly took over and didnt react when Dunn took over.

Lets hope we see a reaction from them on Saturday or I will begin to worry...

To get to 50 points (arbitrary target for argument's sake) we need 29 from 22 games. That's a shade over 1.3 points per match. Since Johnson left, Holden averaged 0.93 points per game, Kelly averaged 1.0, Dunn was at 0.82.

I was over the moon with the appointment yesterday, but the required improvement with the same group of players that has produced that record in the last year or so is significant. Having said that, we've only been hammered a couple of times. A couple of additions to the squad and a coach with the right credentials and we could do it.

It's going to take one hell of a fight, but I believe we're fighting now. Recently, I wasn't sure there was any left.

Apologies for the dry stats - like most, I prefer to dream. But the question was asked and I gave it some thought.

I voted avoid relegation.

BUT... it is a big ask.

We need to pick up 29 points from 22 games to be absolutely sure.

7 wins, 8 draws and 7 defeats?

Very tough.

John Sheridan "right lads buckle up ten wins then piss about for the rest of the season"

At the start of the season I thought that any manager could basically stand on the touchline with his dick in his hand for 46 games and still be able to keep us up.

Last Sunday I thought it would require a miracle to avoid relegation, right now I'm 5050 but its going to require these players to rally round and start performing.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Relegation. If that does happen, I think we'll stick with Shez. I think we have to now. Gone through so many inexperienced managers. Now, we have an experienced one. We need to give Shez time. We're in a mess and it's going to be a big ask for him to get us out of it with the games remaining.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

I voted relegated but I'm on the way to changing my mind. Truth is we have no idea yet - a couple of games and we'll have a lot better idea.

I'm thinking of it like this: if we win our game in hand then all we have to do is get 3 or maybe just 2 more point than Blackpool and Shrewsbury and maybe Colchester and match Crewe. I think that makes it sounder a little easier????