Liam Kelly

Thanks.

What did I say...?

Something to the effect of he runs about like a headless chicken when it might be more apt to cover less ground more intelligently, akin to Korey Smith. He is guilty of that at times.

After the last few games, I'm beginning to think Cassidy-Murphy won't work as a forward two. Need some pace alongside one of them.

Cassidy won't work with anybody while playing like this, I'm afraid. Offers nothing. I would be tempted to put Poleon up top while we find a better option. At least his pace will stretch defences, and when he's on his day he can be phenomenal. Cassidy doesn't seem able to use his physique to any sort of advantage, apart from in the closing stages of games, and his ability with the ball isn't up to standard to make that permissible - one occasion today Murphy played a lovely flicked pass and he was too clumsy to control it when it looked like he might be through on goal. The same happened in the first half when Winchester picked him out in the box, one on one with a defender, and his touch lost him the ball.

Someone hit the nail on the head about TP guiding him, in the same way he mentored Matt Smith. It's coming up to 40 games without a goal for Cassidy. Something has to change.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to the effect of he runs about like a headless chicken when it might be more apt to cover less ground more intelligently, akin to Korey Smith. He is guilty of that at times.

Cassidy won't work with anybody while playing like this, I'm afraid. Offers nothing. I would be tempted to put Poleon up top while we find a better option. At least his pace will stretch defences, and when he's on his day he can be phenomenal. Cassidy doesn't seem able to use his physique to any sort of advantage, apart from in the closing stages of games, and his ability with the ball isn't up to standard to make that permissible - one occasion today Murphy played a lovely flicked pass and he was too clumsy to control it when it looked like he might be through on goal. The same happened in the first half when Winchester picked him out in the box, one on one with a defender, and his touch lost him the ball.

Someone hit the nail on the head about TP guiding him, in the same way he mentored Matt Smith. It's coming up to 40 games without a goal for Cassidy. Something has to change.

Lots of our fans said similar about Korey Smith and suggested we'd be no worse off without him. Which was obviously a load of bollocks.

Lots of our fans said similar about Korey Smith and suggested we'd be no worse off without him. Which was obviously a load of bollocks.

Not saying we'd be better without Kelly, saying we'd be better if he played a different way, perhaps.

Think it's clear to see Smith is a better player than Kelly in any case. Probably as much because of his self-control and restraint. That's not to forget the crucial leadership Kelly adds.

Liam Kelly is by far our best player, breaks up play really well, and plays some good passes, gives the ball away occasionally but so do the rest of em! I think he is just really fed up of his team mates letting us down! As for Cassidy, a striker who hasnt scored in 40 games needs a new career, id back myself to score 1 or 2 in that anount of games.

Fantastic at winning the ball, awful at distributing it. 15 minute period in first half where he won it and just played a horrendous pass out of play. Needs to win it and pass it 10 yards max, preferably to Mike Jones who can ping a ball left and right. Dare I say it but this is why I thought Dean Furman was great for us, cos he could win it and distribute it

What is it with fans wanting players to go over to them to congratulate them for turning up? Can understand them doing it in germany where the atmosphere is half decent. Bet a lot of our fans just called them :censored: all game as well, no wonder he didn't go over to you to bow down at your presence.

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

Not saying we'd be better without Kelly, saying we'd be better if he played a different way, perhaps.

Scoring goals is our problem. Despite us having a very good defensive midfielder we still concede them anyway so you could ask what the point is of having one when a more creative player could be there in his place.....

Fantastic at winning the ball, awful at distributing it. 15 minute period in first half where he won it and just played a horrendous pass out of play. Needs to win it and pass it 10 yards max, preferably to Mike Jones who can ping a ball left and right. Dare I say it but this is why I thought Dean Furman was great for us, cos he could win it and distribute it

Mike Jones the saviour..... Good one

4 goals in his last 53 games

Mike Jones the saviour..... Good one

He is the only option the club owns in midfield who can play a pass more than 20 yards consistently accurate. When was the last time we saw a player switch a pass across the field quickly, rather than take 4/5 short ten yard ones to get their and kill the momentum? Kelly tries it time and again and its his biggest weakness.

• 2 weeks later...