Connor Borown Red card appealed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the team ethic I don't think it makes a jot of difference .. that ship has long sailed, simply not upto the job and should move on asap. I felt sorry for him after starting against Walsall a couple of seasons ago and thought it should have been used as a steep learning curve. The lad should have concentrated on being a decent basic footballer a long time ago rather than the pseudo hard man that he makes out to be.

In the sense of fairness, if his Red card is scrubbed I'll stick a tenner in the playershare - simply to help get a replacement in! Win win situation lol

Brown sent off just now - Brown of Blackburn, looked a lunge much worse than Connor Brown's though.

BTW are the floodlights on? maybe S4C can't afford extra lights.

Chris Taylor is playing.

Edited by BP1960

We've had some dodgy decisions given against us, that we haven't appealed. The fact that we are appealing this one is either because we are desperate, or we think it will succeed.

The FA processes are not exactly the most rigid and there are many loopholes.

I can see why the ref sent him off, especially having seen the reaction of their number 4, but it isn't a red card. It's not even a foul in my book.

lol

It is funny how a lot of people think it was unjust but aren't confident of it being over turned. Like the FA are out to get us.... That is pretty funny...

No one said I can see says the FA are out to get us. Just knowledge that they do not have a history of overturning and will back the ref unless it as clear as day.

You have delusions of superiority over most Latics fans, no idea what it stems from...

No one said I can see says the FA are out to get us. Just knowledge that they do not have a history of overturning and will back the ref unless it as clear as day.

You have delusions of superiority over most Latics fans, no idea what it stems from...

No I don't... At least I don't use foul language like some of you... Well not often :P

Edited by oafc0000

People thinking that this incident may have soured the managers opinion of the player?

I think it will have endeared him to him a bit more.

At leat that's one more hard tackle put in than Philliskirk did in both spells here.

Hides behind sofa haha

I know it costs about £1000 in Scotland to appeal... No idea about England but you would imagine it would be a similar fee.

EDIT:

http://playtheadvantage.com/2014/02/06/what-a-red-card-appeal-really-means-part-one/

• Clubs pay for the privilege – Premier League clubs pay £1500 to lodge the claim. Lower league clubs pay progressively less. If they lose their appeal, they don’t get the fee back.
Edited by oafc0000

It costs £500.

It's reimbursed if successful.

It tells the players, all of them, that the club will back them.

That's good for morale.

£500, even for Latics, isn't that big of a sum... Agree with you that it shows the club will back them. Don't think they have a hope in hell of winning the appeal.

It costs £500.

It's reimbursed if successful.

It tells the players, all of them, that the club will back them.

That's good for morale.

Great point. My Sunday league manager, yes I know not nearly the same, pays any yellow cards for us as long as it's for a tackle and not dissent.

It would be interesting to know what the actual success rate is.

If these cards are overturned and the disadvantaged team lost then they should replay the minutes following the sending off with the scores as they were just prior to the sending off.

Instant video technology is coming soon to decide if such dismissals are fair or not, but only at top level I understand.

It would be interesting to know what the actual success rate is.

If these cards are overturned and the disadvantaged team lost then they should replay the minutes following the sending off with the scores as they were just prior to the sending off.

That's a joke...right??