The Trust - A plea to start making it's voice heard.

What is desperately needed is someone who looks at statements like the one yesterday before they are published and says: 'Nah, bad idea, it will make things worse' and then rewords accordingly.

'If in doubt do nowt!'

Yes, Yes and Yes again! Surely we have some professional experience in this sort of thing within all the support of Latics.

I agree the Trust should not be battling and fighting against the club, but holding them to account is is very much their remit.

The text about not repeating a Chris Moore is taken directly from the Trust website, under About Us.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/about-us/

The Trust's words not mine.

If they are not going to hold the club to account from time to time, how are they going to prevent another Chris Moore?

If the new loan to Necarcu Ltd does not fall into that, then I do not know what does. They should be pushing for disclosure.

But even then I don't think we are can or should expect anything more than "The Trust have been told what the loan from Necarcu was for and the terms of it and, while we can't go into any detail, rest assured it's nothing to be concerned about".

And that would just send the tinfoil hat brigade up another notch.

Those who demand to know the ins and outs of a ducks arse & conspiracy theorise it do death whenever they do get hold of any info have made a rod for their own backs it seems.

Edited by HarryBosch

Dear all

Its on the trust webpage now and it gives an update from the Board representative too. For some reason I cant copy the link over so I am typing it hurriedly at work...ssshhhh

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/board-representative-update-feb/

hope it works...or please go to the trust website page www.trustoldham.ac.uk

thanks everyone

Tracy

Thank you Tracy, it is good some feedback has occured, and quickly.

Applaling that people have resprted to personal abuse

There are actions I'd still like to see, like details of what Simon does/achieves each week. Maybe a blog?

This is not a criticism at all, it will help foster better relations.

As someone else said, maybe the Trust could have a hand in the Club statements....!

It does open a few questions still, but does address them head on, that is apprecaited.

And finally, about this quesiton I have asked a few times, of the Youth contracts are all being released purely on football terms or is theree a limit to who can be offered pro contracts. Is it theoretically possible for all Youhs to be offered pro contracts if felt the need.

Therefore, could Playershare consider my proposal to step in and fund some pro contracts of players that would otherwise released. Or have a sister playershare for that?

Thank you Tracy, it is good some feedback has occured, and quickly.

Applaling that people have resprted to personal abuse

There are actions I'd still like to see, like details of what Simon does/achieves each week. Maybe a blog?

This is not a criticism at all, it will help foster better relations.

As someone else said, maybe the Trust could have a hand in the Club statements....!

It does open a few questions still, but does address them head on, that is apprecaited.

And finally, about this quesiton I have asked a few times, of the Youth contracts are all being released purely on football terms or is theree a limit to who can be offered pro contracts. Is it theoretically possible for all Youhs to be offered pro contracts if felt the need.

Therefore, could Playershare consider my proposal to step in and fund some pro contracts of players that would otherwise released. Or have a sister playershare for that?

I'm scanning over things at work - so if there's personal abuse I haven't picked up on (other than that relating to people who wear red fleeces), please point it out.

Hello Singe

I know myself and Leeslover have picked up on your suggestion and its defo on our logging list for next weeks meeting.

With regards to abuse, I personally haven't received any and I am feeling quite left out now boo hoo....but I do know that some trust directors have received it on match days, social media (via another site) and by text too. Its quite scary as I have seen it but I know the Mods (thanks Steve) on here are good at looking after this site and wont have it.

TBA on an answer

The Trust needs to clarify about the lease, 15 years will soon pass, will there still be a ground here after then, can the ground be sold for further housing development?

Hopefully the lease will be extended (wasn't it said at one time it was a 40 years lease?).

I agree the Trust should not be battling and fighting against the club, but holding them to account is is very much their remit.

The text about not repeating a Chris Moore is taken directly from the Trust website, under About Us.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/about-us/

The Trust's words not mine.

If they are not going to hold the club to account from time to time, how are they going to prevent another Chris Moore?

If the new loan to Necarcu Ltd does not fall into that, then I do not know what does. They should be pushing for disclosure.

Perhaps their aims, and values should be reviewed then.

What should the aims be?

Instead we get: "Uncle Simon has told us not to worry about it"

From the information we have, that charge could disappear at some point over the coming months. Again, we remain vigilant, but we are assured this is well planned and therefore not overly concerning in the bigger picture.

Hello Singe

I know myself and Leeslover have picked up on your suggestion and its defo on our logging list for next weeks meeting.

With regards to abuse, I personally haven't received any and I am feeling quite left out now boo hoo....but I do know that some trust directors have received it on match days, social media (via another site) and by text too. Its quite scary as I have seen it but I know the Mods (thanks Steve) on here are good at looking after this site and wont have it.

TBA on an answer

Thanks very much to both yourself and LL.

Guest nonaenever

Would you prefer a guy with a megaphone or a guy in the boardroom?

????? - who mentioned a guy with a megaphone? Don't understand your point - suggest you re-read the post

W

Thanks very much to both yourself and LL.

Sounds literally corney I know but we are listening and are here to help. I might not have the knowledge/the history/ to respond right away, but I feel strongly that an acknowledgement that you have asked and someone has listened is a step in the right direction.

Like I said I might not know the answers but I know who to direct them on to and if need, get a response in a reasonable time if they can't wait to the next trust meeting.

Just bear in mind sometimes we/I might not have the chance to log on here every day so be patient with us until we decide on the best method/one media tool of logging questions and timeliness of responses too.

And if I miss any questions...just give me a bit of abuse and send me a PM or throw it back out on OWTB

????? - who mentioned a guy with a megaphone? Don't understand your point - suggest you re-read the post

You are talking about someone independent.

Would you prefer someone with a megaphone outside the ground with four people and a dog stood around him or a bloke in the board actually knowing whats going on?

Guest nonaenever

You are talking about someone independent.

Would you prefer someone with a megaphone outside the ground with four people and a dog stood around him or a bloke in the board actually knowing whats going on?

erm.... no I wasn't- I mentioned an independent supporters GROUP with a proper leader who was prepared to ask the tough questions and represent the fans truly. The trouble with anything 'supporter related' that sits on the board is that they tend to go stale - the board often consists of sycophants (that's often the nature of boardrooms) and it is very hard for a fan to maintain their independence without becoming the same. Independence is better (but like a non-executive) and provides a 'sterile corridor' between fans and those running the club. Still have no idea what your megaphone (and now dog!!?) comments are about - have you never been part of a properly constituted independent organisation with a plan, aim, objectives and performance measurement?

erm.... no I wasn't- I mentioned an independent supporters GROUP with a proper leader who was prepared to ask the tough questions and represent the fans truly. The trouble with anything 'supporter related' that sits on the board is that they tend to go stale - the board often consists of sycophants (that's often the nature of boardrooms) and it is very hard for a fan to maintain their independence without becoming the same. Independence is better (but like a non-executive) and provides a 'sterile corridor' between fans and those running the club. Still have no idea what your megaphone (and now dog!!?) comments are about - have you never been part of a properly constituted independent organisation with a plan, aim, objectives and performance measurement?

Erm, so basically a guy with a megaphone and a group of rag tag followers.

Guest nonaenever

no - but we'll leave it there shall we - we all have our own opinions and independence from the board would be the way forward in my opinion (yours is different) - we'll see how effective the current Trust is.

no - but we'll leave it there shall we - we all have our own opinions and independence from the board would be the way forward in my opinion (yours is different) - we'll see how effective the current Trust is.

Whilst I see your point about independence, I think the challenge is how a truly independent group without a seat on the board could actually ask these tough questions. In other words, if you're not at the table you may as well stand outside shouting through a megaphone.

Pros and cons to both approaches. I've no idea what the answer is.

Whilst I see your point about independence, I think the challenge is how a truly independent group without a seat on the board could actually ask these tough questions. In other words, if you're not at the table you may as well stand outside shouting through a megaphone.

Pros and cons to both approaches. I've no idea what the answer is.

The only way an independent supporters group would get heard is to accumulate substantial funds. It could then ask the questions with leverag. The obvious problem is people joining with that in mind will want action and answers a lot sooner and will drift away. Not that I am advocating that approach.