The Trust - A plea to start making it's voice heard.

I really think the Trust can have a say in getting across the fans views and hopfully input.

This could be interpretted as an attack on those Trust members, and I hope OWTB just don't launch is to a vent.

I am going to be blunt though, the situation as I see it right now, shows the deck chairs have moved, but there is precious little more engagement we hoped for from the change in leasdership at the top.

Please stand up and be counted. I really am struggling to see the point. It is not a dig at anyone that givea up their valuable time, but we need you now out and engaged with the fans.

Look at the website activity.

Jan 2016. Welcome to Shez & Goodbye to David Dunn. Standard.

Dec 2015. Statement re Trust Wages. Welcome, but nothing that was not in the public domain and found out by media first

Nov 2015. Toy appeal. Very good cause. But unrelated to football

Nov 2015. New Chairman's introductory Letter.

Oct 2015. Fans Open Meeting. Normal Trust meeting with Jenny W present.

Sept 2015. Thanks to Darren Kelly. Standard

Aug 2015. News that season ticket holders get free membership, welcome but at what cost in terms of lost reveneue and any income derived from it?

In that time, we have had numerous financial issues affecting the club, including delayed stand, increased debt, and pay off of a sell on clause and late payments to players.

Tthe point is not of that was highlighted from the Trust and it feels muzzled.

On the Trust website:

1. Protecting the future of Oldham Athletic:

With a seat on the board, Trust Oldham is in a key position to ensure a debacle similar to that of the ‘Chris Moore Era’ will never happen again unnoticed.

I think that is questionable this has been achieved given the events over this year.

Secondly

2. Key partner of the club:

As a trusted and long-term key partner, Trust Oldham has played an important role in the development of the football club. The Trust will always strive to ensure that fans are treated in a fair manner, and help build a fan-friendly football club. Working with the Supporter Liaison Officer, Trust Oldham will help to provide a structured communication channel for Oldham Athletic fans.

What exact communication from the Trust to Jenny to the Club has occured. That bit at least should be open and transparent. The minutes from Trust to Jenny on the website, and then the minutes from Jenny to the Board on the Clubs websire so we know. Of course, that may have to be tempered, but we have to be confident in all communication.

For me, they are all warm words but very little actual action

I am not anti-Trust, I certainly place high value on those that are working hard for nothing, I want it to be effective but I see precious little actual communication, action or tangible achievment.

It strikes me the club are terrified of giving us any information. I realise that we can't know everything but does no one on the board ever consider the repercussions of their silence. It's as if we have no one who represents us.

We don't, the clubs run by one man and as far as he's concerned its like it or :censored: off, most fans have chosen the latter, no doubt a few more will join them and be blamed for all this clubs problems.

To be fair to the Trust I don't recall anyone involved ever claiming they are there to take the club to task on everything & hold them to account.

Are they not just a conduit for information the club allow them to pass on to us & questions fans want asking of the club (within reason)?

What the Trust is and what certain people want it to be seem to be poles apart. Probably because it can't actually be what those people want it to be.

If you want someone to constantly rabble rouse form a rabble rousing group, maybe, eg, an Independent Supporters Association.....

Such an organisation might even be arsed to act upon numerous requests to join.

To be fair to the Trust I don't recall anyone involved ever claiming they are there to take the club to task on everything & hold them to account.

Are they not just a conduit for information the club allow them to pass on to us & questions fans want asking of the club (within reason)?

What the Trust is and what certain people want it to be seem to be poles apart. Probably because it can't actually be what those people want it to be.

If you want someone to constantly rabble rouse form a rabble rousing group, maybe, eg, an Independent Supporters Association.....

I agree with what you say in regards to the trust as an entity in its entirety however, the trust has a seat on the board - by definition that means he sits in on board meetings and I would imagine is entitled to contribute to said meetings and ask questions. As a board member it should be expected he calls the other circus members to explain their appalling mismanagement of the club recently and implore them to explain to their customers just what the hell is going on

I agree with what you say in regards to the trust as an entity in its entirety however, the trust has a seat on the board - by definition that means he sits in on board meetings and I would imagine is entitled to contribute to said meetings and ask questions. As a board member it should be expected he calls the other circus members to explain their appalling mismanagement of the club recently and implore them to explain to their customers just what the hell is going on

Since the Trust has shares in the club, I'd presume they should have more power as to what goes on than say Owen and Hill?

Could the Trust ask the Board for re-assurances the Youth team set up will not be disbanded as a means of cost savings?

The youth teams has been the mainstay of the club since I attended in the 1960s, reaping many dividends, in fact I feel the club should re-introduce entry to a suitable all age reserve league to enable the progress of promising young players over the age of 18, many of whom are stagnating at present.

BP1960.

Edited by BP1960

Could the Trust ask the Board for re-assurances the Youth team set up will not be disbanded as a means of cost savings?

The youth teams has been the mainstay of the club since I attended in the 1960s, reaping many dividends, in fact I feel the club should re-introduce entry to a suitable all age reserve league to enable the progress of promising young players over the age of 18, many of whom are stagnating at present.

BP1960.

I'll take this up at the Trust meeting next week. I don't see any reason to think the club are looking to scrap the youths mind you.

I think the Trust are probably on a hiding to nothing, to be honest. Clearly with Barry front and centre, it was a complete waste of time as he had no interest in being part of a supporters' trust but it was a means to an end for him.

But even now, I struggle to see how they can do a lot of things that are expected of them. The club has no real obligation to tell them anything or to consult with them as to the running of the club. TTA accepted the Trust tokenistically. It was of the first of many 'shut the fans up' initiatives and a nice little earner for them.

I'll take this up at the Trust meeting next week. I don't see any reason to think the club are looking to scrap the youths mind you.

Thanks, some clubs have gone down the route of scrapping youth setups to save money. I hope we wont be one.

Edited by BP1960

Guest nonaenever

A strong, independent voice for the fans is what is needed - with a true leader willing to ask the tough questions. Unfortunately, our fan base is now so small that I don't think this will be viable at the moment. Whilst not knocking at all the time, effort and dedication of those in the current trust, many fans see it as of little or no consequence and not representative of their views.

A strong, independent voice for the fans is what is needed - with a true leader willing to ask the tough questions. Unfortunately, our fan base is now so small that I don't think this will be viable at the moment. Whilst not knocking at all the time, effort and dedication of those in the current trust, many fans see it as of little or no consequence and not representative of their views.

Would you prefer a guy with a megaphone or a guy in the boardroom?

Lets be frank... The opportunity to have a proper influential trust has all but been squandered....

The vision was wrong

The aims where wrong

The execution was terrible

It is dead

I have come to the conclusion that it actually does more harm than good to view it as anything other than a failed organisation and it should be left to pass on and die.

I asked a couple of questions to "the trust" a week ago... Questions the majority of people on here wanted answers to... Like many times in the past they have gone unanswered...

Its not a dig at the people currently running it really. I think it was all dead in the water under the previous leadership. It literally now a case of flogging a dead horse.

Edited by oafc0000

When TTA arrived at the club they said that they wanted to be totally transparent, and for some time they were. In fact I sent an email once to Alan Hardy regarding a transfer. He replied very quickly, and partly explained the transfer to me and asked me to give him a ring to discuss it. I did, and was very surprised at the amount of information he was willing to give me. During the conversation he even went so far as to get files regarding past players giving me details of transfers that I had never expected him to speak about, but he was very open and extremely happy to pass this on to me. A very decent chap.

I guess that wouldn't happen now because of social media. I probably wouldn't have been trusted not to pass on the info to everyone and sundry over OWTB etc.

When TTA arrived at the club they said that they wanted to be totally transparent, and for some time they were. In fact I sent an email once to Alan Hardy regarding a transfer. He replied very quickly, and partly explained the transfer to me and asked me to give him a ring to discuss it. I did, and was very surprised at the amount of information he was willing to give me. During the conversation he even went so far as to get files regarding past players giving me details of transfers that I had never expected him to speak about, but he was very open and extremely happy to pass this on to me. A very decent chap.

I guess that wouldn't happen now because of social media. I probably wouldn't have been trusted not to pass on the info to everyone and sundry over OWTB etc.

I had similar experiences with Alan Hardy both through Email and a long personal chat after a stadium tour in 2006 - he's a massive loss to this club - a proper football man who actually understands the supporters not like Corneys "yes men" Joy and Owen

I had similar experiences with Alan Hardy both through Email and a long personal chat after a stadium tour in 2006 - he's a massive loss to this club - a proper football man who actually understands the supporters not like Corneys "yes men" Joy and Owen

But many people claimed he was a :censored:.

As they did with anybody in a suit before him & since him .

It's a peculiar trait a lot of our supporters suffer from

Dear all

Its been a hectic last few weeks for us all with some important questions being asked following on from the Radio Broadcast/Tarky transfer.

Your trust board members have felt that waiting until our next meeting to discuss and report back is a little long to wait, so an update/statement will be issued shortly that will hopefully cover the questions

Communication is high on our agenda, we have already thrown some ideas out there on how/what communication methods we use, frequency of contact, who should be responding and how quickly an acknowledgement should be. I know its frustrating but please be mindful we are all volunteers from varied backgrounds/knowledge that also may have other responsibilities/day jobs to manage too. We are always open to offers of help so please contact us if you think you have the skills/time to give

Thanks

Tracy

I agree the Trust should not be battling and fighting against the club, but holding them to account is is very much their remit.

The text about not repeating a Chris Moore is taken directly from the Trust website, under About Us.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/about-us/

The Trust's words not mine.

If they are not going to hold the club to account from time to time, how are they going to prevent another Chris Moore?

If the new loan to Necarcu Ltd does not fall into that, then I do not know what does. They should be pushing for disclosure.

Perhaps their aims, and values should be reviewed then.

What should the aims be?

Edited by singe