Pitch inspection at 11

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game should have been called off sooner than 1.30. This is the second time I have travelled 35 miles to arrive at BP to find the game cancelled. Do the club think that all the fans live in Oldham and leave home at 2.30 etc

The decision whether a game is on or not lies firmly with the referee - nothing to do with the club. I'm all for bashing the powers that be when it's warranted but the ref decided to do another check at 13:00 so if you have a gripe - lay it at his feet

Like I said, I know the feeling Palmer but it ain't the clubs fault ...

I have not said once that the postponement is the clubs fault. Im very aware its the refs decision but better communication from the club ussing its OFFICIAL website may have given fans of both clubs the opportunity to delay their journey slightly. As it happens most will have been on their way by 1.30 anyway.

I have not said once that the postponement is the clubs fault. Im very aware its the refs decision but better communication from the club ussing its OFFICIAL website may have given fans of both clubs the opportunity to delay their journey slightly. As it happens most will have been on their way by 1.30 anyway.

Would agree that the main web pages should have headlined it - I got the info from Twitter and the Wall

What they should do to is for any homes fans who are at the ground at the time they call it off or have made a long journey to get to BP, give them a free pie and away fans too that arrive at up to KO especially coaches . Bit of good publicity/good,will from the club. Especially if it's a bloody long journey for all.

Think I saw tonight a GMP message on facebook that latics had given them free pies and they were looking to off load them to charities/homeless/residential homes/hospital staff.

If it's going to waste then give it to the fans first.

It's also scary all the communication methods that are out there too and who uses what and the tracking /monitoring of it all. Especially social media. Ye old days I would have only found out if I had the radio on or rang the club direct.

Edited by underdog

What they should do to is for any homes fans who are at the ground at the time they call it off or have made a long journey to get to BP, give them a free pie and away fans too that arrive at up to KO especially coaches . Bit of good publicity/good,will from the club. Especially if it's a bloody long journey for all.

Think I saw tonight a GMP message on facebook that latics had given them free pies and they were looking to off load them to charities/homeless/residential homes/hospital staff.

If it's going to waste then give it to the fans first.

I wouldn't want to deprive a homeless man of a pie.

Would be an idea for the club to update the website. Not a twitter feed or whatever they used. Big header at the top of the page. If the game was in doubt at 11 then get it on the website. I appreciate the ref calls it but the club can do its bit to keep us updated.

True, but if you got to the ground to be told it's off, your cold, wet, long journey, you may appreciate a bit of good will before you set off on the long slog home.

Just a thought.

At least there's a positive out of it either way.

Saw on Facebook that we'd given 'some' of the unused pies to the local constabulary...

I imagined Corney trying to sell the others to local chippys, from the boot of his car, half-price.

2nd time this season I've made a 100+ round mile trip for nothing.

And this time some toe-rag shut the back route through broadbottom so my one hour fifteen journey became two and a half hours! Just called off as i hit broadway. Worse still were going to end up with lots of Tuesday nights. Not so easy as I work in Nottingham. Grrrrr

And this time some toe-rag shut the back route through broadbottom so my one hour fifteen journey became two and a half hours! Just called off as i hit broadway. Worse still were going to end up with lots of Tuesday nights. Not so easy as I work in Nottingham. Grrrrr

That road is shut until Wednesday so if your coming up that way in the next couple of days avoid the Glossop area.

Some crying feckers on here, if you knew the ins and outs for planned pitch inspections you would know it's all down to the referee. I know the club is up the :censored: at the minute but some people just want to stick the boot in at any given reason.

Some crying feckers on here, if you knew the ins and outs for planned pitch inspections you would know it's all down to the referee. I know the club is up the :censored: at the minute but some people just want to stick the boot in at any given reason.

I think that most of the complaints are from travelling fans regarding how quickly the information is made available in an accessable place