Curtis Main

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just take opposition views fans on a player with a pinch of salt. The list is endless of players that move on after being rendered useless by their current clubs fans and go on to do well. Not least from our club.

Shrewsbury fans were pissing themselves about getting money for Tom Bradshaw from Walsall, not that I'm predicting Main will reach those levels of unexpected success...

Young, 6 ft 1in, and had enough in the past to be described as follows by Tony Mowbray:

"came here on trial and trained with the youth team and you could see the power and speed he's got. His finishing with both feet is breathtaking at times. Whether the ball drops to his right foot or left foot, he doesn't hesitate. ... Physicality isn't going to be an issue for Curtis throughout his career. He's a boy who spends a lot of time looking after his physique and he's very, very strong."

All positive traits and young enough to think he has not yet made the best of them.

5 foot 8 according to soccerbase....6 foot 1 on Wiki. Does anybody know?

He's about 6 foot when I've seen him play, but of a nuisance and never stops running with a touch of class as well.

Could be :censored:e but doesn't strike me as a panic signing, more of a 'he'll improve our side' type of signing as with his other two from Sheridan.

Never stops running always makes you a fans favourite even if you could hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

It's called the Paul Warne effect ;-)

Let's not dismiss totally what a Warne type could do for us.

For me we have 2 players who could fill the role of poacher in the form of Forte and Murphy. I think both would play well alongside a striker who will hussle centre backs get the knockdowns and do the grafting physically.

so, is this the last loan signing. Are we maxed out? we're still a bit thin in midfield.

Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Palmer, Croft, Forte. Poleon can play as a winger if needed and Dieng can step into midfield if we really need someone to. I think Tuohy and Byrne are midfielders aswell.

so, is this the last loan signing. Are we maxed out? we're still a bit thin in midfield.

If anything we might have a bit more balance. Forte/Croft/Poleon as wingers, Murphy/Cassidy/Main/Holloway upfront, and Kelly/Jones/Winch/Palmer in midfield.

Sheridan was saying we'll need a full squad with a few Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday weeks coming up, and we've definitely got options now. Any 4 or 5 of those players could be on the bench too, so we'll have options to change things around.

5 foot 8 according to soccerbase....6 foot 1 on Wiki. Does anybody know?

Players at our level lie outrageously about their height. We always have a few 6 footers in the squad but I feel like Gulliver in Lilliput whenever I've been in a room with them. And they look like schoolkids against the likes of Boro and Wolves. I'd say 6 foot on wiki is about 5'9 in the real world.

Until Lafferty returns to Burnley, yes.

Dummigan, Lafferty, Palmer, Holloway and now Main. Max five loan players in a match day squad.

When does Palmer go back? Could he be signed for the rest of the season if Burton don't want him?

If he's out of contract at the end of the season, we could try to get him to sign a pre contract agreement for next season.

When does Palmer go back? Could he be signed for the rest of the season if Burton don't want him?

If he's out of contract at the end of the season, we could try to get him to sign a pre contract agreement for next season.

I think his loan expires a couple of games before the end of the season.

That can't be extended.

That would be because you paid more attention than me.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Matt-Palmer-going-loan-right-club-Oldham-Athletic/story-28586112-detail/story.html

Expires 27th Feb.

I think we can extend that for up to two more months can't we?

'What's the emergency?'

'We're :censored:.'

'Right you are, lads.'