Exciting signing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Baxter was last one I was thinking wow as he had the pick of the championship at the time. Everton had tried to keep that summer.

Palace didnt take him after a trial & he was Tranmere on loan the season before. Believe me if any Championship club tried to sign hm he would have gone.

You skipped the bit that Everton tried to resign him

I didnt skip anything....I was merely pointing out that he didnt have his choice of Championship clubs as you stated

By all means be excited, but you posted fantasy! A choice of 22 championship clubs & he signed for Oldham!?

I think I am right in thinking you mean an an exciting signing as it as announced, rather than subsequent performances.

I thought we'd really kick on after signing Martin Buchan, and later Shefki Kuqi. To a lesser extent Luke Beckett.

More recently

The one I really thought would propel us though, was Ian Olney!

In between those, the above signings generally meant I was a bit more cagey with any signings.

And now I assume any striker is going to stop scoring for us straight away, so I definitely don't get excited by them any more! Even if it had been Grant Holt!

Kilkenny on loan the 2nd time around was quite a coup.

Furman was quite a big signing too.

Probably one of them two.

Your sig has reminded me of Pawel Abbott - I was quite surprised we'd got him, and he might be one of the only recent examples of a striker with a decent record that actually did a decent job for us.

Maybe you should then you wouldn't have such a sad existence

I don't want to be a someone who gets upset for no reason using petty insults when someone points out a simple truth about a footballer on a messageboard though but don't let me stop you... You carry on not being sad.

The last time i was excited by a signing was when we signed Shez as a player. I'd always admired him. I remember Sheff. Wed away when we went 0-2 up. He dragged Wednesday back into it, dominating midfield (finished 2-2). His knees were going when we signed him, but still head and shoulders above the dross of third division football.