Latics 1-0 Spireites

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long way to go - two teams got relegated with a whopping 50 points last season so it's looking Bury upwards all but safe.

Bury and Swindon should be safe, it would take about 8 defeats on the bounce for each, both of their form is poor.

Well that wasn't pretty, Chesterfield were fookin awful, moment of magic from Jones won it, but we still seem to be reluctant to take pot shots at goal when the opportunity arises. Scrape a couple more of them though and we will be right, Donny look beaten so it looks like 1 from 4. Another £50 off the season ticket, happy days.

Might be being picky here but I thought Main was awful and Forte wasn't much better.

Edited by disjointed

Worst team I've seen all season, them. Never even got near our goal, which is probably a testament to how we've solidified under Shez.

Midfield were strong in keeping them at bay and were able to get forward as a result of their inept attack - most adventurous Kelly has played in a while at times. Passing is still poor but at least we played with intent.

Massive shame about Holloway. Once again started the game off well. Looks like Cassidy is going to get a second chance. Hopefully the goal galvanises Jones.

Hope Holloway's injury doesnt turn out to be too bad. Thiele too because I dont want us to be relying on Cassidy.

Brian Wilson great today, Dieng good too. James Wilson wasteful with the ball and too hesitant without it. Kellly too negative, as ever. Forte a bit weak to say the least.

To be fair, it's our midfield that are scoring the goals that are earning us the points.

Poor second half (thought we created a few good chances in the first half) but good goal. Not a match that will live long in the memory but 3 much needed points.

The last 10 minutes panic defending was painful to watch, but I suppose that is a measure of the criticality of the points and our still low confidence.

Overall the difference between us being average and good in my opinion is how quickly (or not) that we attack and get supporting players forward (we pass sideways or backwards too often); and our reluctance to shoot.

Hope Holloway's injury doesnt turn out to be too bad. Thiele too because I dont want us to be relying on Cassidy.

Brian Wilson great today, Dieng good too. James Wilson wasteful with the ball and too hesitant without it. Kellly too negative, as ever. Forte a bit weak to say the least.

Gerrard baffles me. Great control, then he tries to pass it and it's 5 yards wayward. James Wilson doesn't baffle me. Passing/hoofing is atrocious full stop.

Fingers crossed then because when he went off we stopped defending from the front.

I'm gonna cut Main some slack playing his second game in three days but for me I hope his game today isn't a sign of what's to come, he stopped making the runs and at times looked disinterested, might be harsh but he stopped doing the basics that have impressed so far.