Betty Pascall

Sorry chaps, I was asked to post this on here earlier today, but have only just seen the message. Here it is on behalf of he the trust.

Trust Oldham are today sadden to learn Betty Pascall, who was Commercial secretary at Latics for 22 years, died on 31st March in Dr Kershaws. She also, along with her husband Tony, set up and ran the Junior Latics for many years and was instrumental in building the junior membership to over 1000 in the 1990's.

It was the first contact a lot of youngsters had with Latics and no doubt a lot of today's supporters will remember Betty and Tony as being the driving force behind the Junior Latics organising many trips to places like Gullivers World, York and Lightwater Valley and the regular meetings at the Queen Elizabeth Hall as well as the popular Junior Latics Lounge in the old Lookers Stand.

Betty was a true dedicated Latics fan and played a pivotal role in building the junior membership and will be sadly missed by many.

Service on Tuesday 12th April 11.30am at Holy Trinity Church, Church Street East, Waterhead, Oldham OL4 2JQ

1pm Cremation at Hollinwood Cemetery, Roman Road, Hollinwood Oldham, OL8 3LU.

Afterwards at the Oldham Event Centre (New North Stand) at Oldham Athletic, Boundary Park, Oldham, OL1 2PA.

Family flowers only, donations in lieu of flowers please to MacMillan Nurses/Dr Kershaws.

Mourners are asked to wear a football scarf. ‪#‎laticsfamily‬ ‪#‎Boundaryblues‬ ‪#‎oafc‬ ‪#‎RIPBETTY‬

Edited by Ackey
Quote formatted

Very sad news.As a junior latic in the late 80s early 90s Betty and Alan were always there for words of advice, at whatever venue we were at. I remember fondly Betty giving me a clip round the ear in the junior latics lounge when I introduced her to my 10 year old daughter "your 27 she screamed" and gave me a crack"you should have been concentrating on the football not the women"... She hadn't got the full story. ...Happy times

R.I.P Betty

RIP Betty, thoughts to your family. Players come and go but your name will be remembered by a lot of us. I remember the trips to lightwater valley, away to play junior Leeds, Blackburn, city etc. Junior Latics meetings were looked forward to for weeks in advance. You did a fantastic job.

Junior Latics member 369.

Edited by wogghead1

I echo the sentiments of all, she was such a magnificent lady that magnificent doesn't do it justice. My condolences to her family and friends.

Will there be some form of commemoration at the next (or an upcoming) home game? She certainly deserves one for all she did for this club.

RIP.

Very sad to hear. Used to love going in the Junior Latics Lounge before the game and speaking to Tony & Bett.

Also used to love the Junior Latics away trips and representing junior Latics in the Keele Tournament.

The making of my childhood. Thanks for the memories Betty. Xx

Edited by BigMouthStrikesAgain