Message from the Club: Let's all behave

The wrath of the Football League has been incurred due to the anti-social behaviour of a minority of supporters, such as foul language, releasing smoke grenades and going onto the pitch, which does nothing to promote our family club image.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/enjoy-the-game-against-barnsley-tonight-3056096.aspx

Family club image?!! haha. Last time I sat near a young family at BP the father left at half time with his two small children after me and my friends attempts to tell a middle aged man near us to stop using racist comments was met by deaf (and very dumb) ears

Family club image?!! haha. Last time I sat near a young family at BP the father left at half time with his two small children after me and my friends attempts to tell a middle aged man near us to stop using racist comments was met by deaf (and very dumb) ears

Credit to you monkeykieran for making a stand, its hard to do the right thing sometimes because lets face it people can be unpredictable and scary when called out.

:OASISscarf:

:applause1:

Guest nonaenever

Really makes me giggle all this nonsense. Lord knows what they would have made of the scenes in the 80s when really serious disorder was commonplace at football (including at Latics - e.g. against Sheff Wednesday, Stoke City, Manchester City to name just a few). Not condoning those days at all but all this alarmist nonsense about a few young lads misbehaving - really is laughable. Perspective is the word me thinks.

Really makes me giggle all this nonsense. Lord knows what they would have made of the scenes in the 80s when really serious disorder was commonplace at football (including at Latics - e.g. against Sheff Wednesday, Stoke City, Manchester City to name just a few). Not condoning those days at all but all this alarmist nonsense about a few young lads misbehaving - really is laughable. Perspective is the word me thinks.

Having survived the 70's and 80's it is not something i want to go back to, but smoke bombs should be banned and the culprits banned for life, it only takes 1 serious injury from them and then we have to go through the whole searching of persons before entry to the ground upped to a new level.

Correct. Take a 7 year old grandson and your assessment of perspective will change