Lancashire FA Youth Cup final

Anyone there seen shez?

He's there according to the official twitter account, along with Shirtliff and several members of the first team squad.

The official site has an interview with Philliskirk, who says all of the second year apprentices were rested on Saturday, as Shez and Shirtliff want a say in who gets pro deals and tonight could be a strong influencing factor.

0-0 at the break, Oldham with the best chances.

Stott, Glackin and in particular the no 8 Hargreaves doing well! A few decent shots, headers on goal and one decent shot flipped over the bar ..

Renshaw in our goal hardly had anything to do

Full time 3-0.you picked out the three who caught my eye..Glackin looks a deadly finisher, maybe the goal poacher we have neded for years

Stott looks good stopper and Hargreaves a bundle of energy.

The right back Mantack looks pacy.

The right back Mantack looks pacy.

yeah I thought he got better as the game got on, did well when attacked on that side and in comparison I thought the left back was quieter but was more a 'clatter and ask questions later' type of player ha ha ... maybe that's why they stopped playing down that side lol

Tell you what, the entire youth setup should be extremely proud, 3 trophies in 3 years. If anyone ever sees Philly, tell him what a good job he continues to do! If he isn't busy, he's usually very happy to spend a few minutes chatting about the youth team.

Brendy Glackin seems a good 'un. Lots of goals in a squad blighted by injury all year, scores 2 in both the semi and the final, and he's still got another year in the U18s before a decision is made on his pro deal!

Tell you what, the entire youth setup should be extremely proud, 3 trophies in 3 years. If anyone ever sees Philly, tell him what a good job he continues to do! If he isn't busy, he's usually very happy to spend a few minutes chatting about the youth team.

Brendy Glackin seems a good 'un. Lots of goals in a squad blighted by injury all year, scores 2 in both the semi and the final, and he's still got another year in the U18s before a decision is made on his pro deal!

When Glackin got a chance you just knew he would score,very mobile too.

We will watch his progress next season with interest, natural goalscorers are rare,it's a long time since we had one at the club.

When Glackin got a chance you just knew he would score,very mobile too.

We will watch his progress next season with interest, natural goalscorers are rare,it's a long time since we had one at the club.

Different kettle of fish down in the youths. Didn't Bove score for fun down in the youths? How many proffesional or semi proffesional goals has he registered since? 4? Only 1 being for oldham.

Different kettle of fish down in the youths. Didn't Bove score for fun down in the youths? How many proffesional or semi proffesional goals has he registered since? 4? Only 1 being for oldham.

You're right. Lets not watch with any interest then, lets not care or have any hope what's the point? In fact lets just disband the whole youth system and spend it on one mid range first team squad player.

?

I didn't say Glackin would make the grade,I said "We will watch his progress next season with interest", which is exactly what Shez and TP will be doing.

IMO though Bove is not in the same class as a finisher or has the work rate of Glackin.

Edited by BP1960

You're right. Lets not watch with any interest then, lets not care or have any hope what's the point? In fact lets just disband the whole youth system and spend it on one mid range first team squad player.

?

I didn't say that, mate.

I didn't say Glackin would make the grade,I said "We will watch his progress next season with interest", which is exactly what Shez and TP will be doing.

IMO though Bove is not in the same class as a finisher or has the work rate of Glackin.

I've watched him on a few occasions and he looks more like an athlete than Bove and like you say, more work rate.

I just wish there was more of a transition between youths and first team... Because we quite clearly have a superb set up.