Administration

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't the club's asset to be asset stripped.

Hi Dave. Technically you are of course correct, however the issue that irks me, is the land was available for sale at a realistic price to prospective buyers of OAFC Ltd.... It would now appear the same privilege is not afforded any potential buyer of OAFC 2004 Ltd.... Which makes Oldham Athletic Football Club unsaleable to anyone other than a multi-millionaire Latics fan, or mult-millionaire lunatic.

Hi Dave. Technically you are of course correct, however the issue that irks me, is the land was available for sale at a realistic price to prospective buyers of OAFC Ltd.... It would now appear the same privilege is not afforded any potential buyer of OAFC 2004 Ltd.... Which makes Oldham Athletic Football Club unsaleable to anyone other than a multi-millionaire Latics fan, or mult-millionaire lunatic.

The only way for anybody to make us viable now would be away from BP.

I think the lunatic is the most likely option Andy!

The only way for anybody to make us viable now would be away from BP.

.....but without the land to sell to fund the building of a new stadium, that's a non option to all but Brassbank.

I'm under no illusion, the TTA only bought Latics because the land came with it, and as non Latics fans were never going to put the football club first in their long term plan.... I was grateful for at least that in 2003.

However, since Blitz & Gazal walked we are in a perpetual state of check mate.... there appears no out, other than finding our own Jack Walker, aforementioned lunatic, or relegation sooner rather than later, that potentially leads to a place I don't wish to ponder....!

The land was never going to be resold over and over again. Some businessmen, at some point was going to do something with it for their own benefit. Surely some no-nonsense buyers could have come in when we were in administration, fecked the club off early doors and Latics would have been reforming in Northern League Division X (if anyone could be bothered organising it..). Is it to TTA's credit (or perhaps even stupidity..) that they haven't done that?

Whilst I do not profess to be an expert in the financial history of the club and the rumoured goings on behind the scenes, I am picking up the view that TTA have "asset stripped us" and left us in a position that is far weaker than we were previously.

This may be the case, but the question I have then relates to the stand.

Why spend circa £6m on a new facility that would have limited attraction in the future without a relatively stable football club there?

Going to a conference facility at a sports stadium has a bit of kudos, and whilst you could argue the facilities and location would still be of some interest - I think that it would not make sense from an investment point of view.

Why have we built it if they had made the cash and we're waiting for the club to run into the ground?

The land was never going to be resold over and over again. Some businessmen, at some point was going to do something with it for their own benefit. Surely some no-nonsense buyers could have come in when we were in administration, fecked the club off early doors and Latics would have been reforming in Northern League Division X (if anyone could be bothered organising it..). Is it to TTA's credit (or perhaps even stupidity..) that they haven't done that?

My assumption is TTA were full of enthusiasm to begin with - the idea of running a football club and the adulation that would come with a modicum of success appealed to their ego's - and the land was the insurance policy for when they lost it. The world was a different place then, the credit crunch biting shortly after the lookers stand was flattened, thereby drying up the free & easy credit we had all become used to both sides of the Atlantic must've been a shock to their sense of infallibility. Something even a Charlatan like Chris Moore was pumped on like a course of steroids.

This spelled the beginning if the end for TTA. As soon as the Failsworth project.... Well, failed.... They were done, and so we were we.... For they would never sell the land for a reasonable sum. They will want to recoup the money from all their failed initiatives.... Or milk it for everything they can over the course of the next, however many years it takes. Marwan Koukash seemingly wanted the land... They couldn't agree a price. Maybe a wealthy foreign owner wanting a vanity project - and whom the land will not be a deal breaker - will appear.... However our gates are not currently big enough to attract one, they would want the potential to push for late teens in the championship. Citeh & Stretford being up the road makes that even harder.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to TTA for their initial intervention, however I'm frustrated with Blitz especially because I feel he calls the shots and so long as that happens we are in effect impotent. I don't feel Corney will put us into administration through choice, because he wants some value from the sale, however I fear the short term hand to mouth decisions forced upon him will see us relegated this coming season and I don't want to think about what follows that. These are my musings on the topic anyway.

Whilst I do not profess to be an expert in the financial history of the club and the rumoured goings on behind the scenes, I am picking up the view that TTA have "asset stripped us" and left us in a position that is far weaker than we were previously.

This may be the case, but the question I have then relates to the stand.

Why spend circa £6m on a new facility that would have limited attraction in the future without a relatively stable football club there?

Going to a conference facility at a sports stadium has a bit of kudos, and whilst you could argue the facilities and location would still be of some interest - I think that it would not make sense from an investment point of view. Why have we built it if they had made the cash and we're waiting for the club to run into the ground?

TTA came in at the outset and stayed wholeheartedly behind the club. After a few seasons 2 of them decided that they had had enough but SC was still ambitious even though they or at least 2 of them had recouped some of their investment.

SC decided that the North Stand would not only save us but enable us to prosper with 24/7 earnings. He just didnt get enough finance in place.

His mates helped him but wanted security-see OEC Ltd.

But and this is the most serious problem-there is still not enough money to finish the stand and provide a return even for OEC Ltd never mind OAFC 2004 Ltd.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

My assumption is TTA were full of enthusiasm to begin with - the idea of running a football club and the adulation that would come with a modicum of success appealed to their ego's - and the land was the insurance policy for when they lost it. The world was a different place then, the credit crunch biting shortly after the lookers stand was flattened, thereby drying up the free & easy credit we had all become used to both sides of the Atlantic must've been a shock to their sense of infallibility. Something even a Charlatan like Chris Moore was pumped on like a course of steroids.

This spelled the beginning if the end for TTA. As soon as the Failsworth project.... Well, failed.... They were done, and so we were we.... For they would never sell the land for a reasonable sum. They will want to recoup the money from all their failed initiatives.... Or milk it for everything they can over the course of the next, however many years it takes. Marwan Koukash seemingly wanted the land... They couldn't agree a price. Maybe a wealthy foreign owner wanting a vanity project - and whom the land will not be a deal breaker - will appear.... However our gates are not currently big enough to attract one, they would want the potential to push for late teens in the championship. Citeh & Stretford being up the road makes that even harder.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to TTA for their initial intervention, however I'm frustrated with Blitz especially because I feel he calls the shots and so long as that happens we are in effect impotent. I don't feel Corney will put us into administration through choice, because he wants some value from the sale, however I fear the short term hand to mouth decisions forced upon him will see us relegated this coming season and I don't want to think about what follows that. These are my musings on the topic anyway.

Very well summarised and my thoughts exactly, quite simply put we are up :censored:s creek without a paddle unless a very rich lunatic wants to be a real life football manager. The problem is even if there is one with their cheque book ready, there are many better prospects than here in Oldham.

But and this is the most serious problem-there is still not enough money to finish the stand and provide a return even for OEC Ltd never mind OAFC 2004 Ltd.

Hmm, how did people react when the cost of the stand went up and up and up?

Some said it would bring more income.

Others suggested it might overstretch things and create risk.