Legend status

Sheridan never qualified as a Latics Legend !

He was a very good player for us,he was a decent manager for us, last season he pulled off a minor miracle for us.

they are the facts,i am grateful he came back to turn things round but for reasons none of us know he has left.

Loyalty means nothing in football these days,Corney chose to bin Shez after the Doggate fiasco, tables are now turned,that's life.

He is replacable, LEGENDS, the likes of Ritchie, Palmer et al are not replacable :OASISscarf:

You can't deny the quality he brought to our team when he played. Or the fantastic job he did last season when we all thought it was too late and we was going to be relegated.

In my eyes a legend is someone who sees out their promise if he had stayed 3 years and seen us get promoted then yes legend status would be no more than he deserved.

However to jump ship at the first opportunity to a club he has no afflilation with when the job was only half completed to give all us fans hope for the coming years no I am sorry good player decent manager but no legend.

Of course Sheridan is a legend. Him walking this week does not sour his legend status for me. I'm angry yes but it's clear that he walked for two reasons - money and ambition. Money obviously both on a personal level as well as playing budget but more so the ambition that our board lacks. His mate is involved at County and a quick "we're gunning for promotion, have funds to strengthen not only at this level but once promoted etc" turned his head.

Corney couldn't persuade him to stay and this is the more worrying thing. I would suspect we matched Sheridans personal salary but we couldn't demonstrate the same ambition. The actions of Corney over the years has demonstrated no long-term ambition on the field, a catalogue of wrong decisions and :censored:-ups then knee-jerk actions when we're in the :censored:.

Wouldn't surprise me if Frankie Bunn is in the frame because Corney is one-dimensional - he now realises a 'legend' player interests and excites the fans who will be more patient during the struggles because the manager is 'one of our own' rather than an interloper like Kelly or Dunn. Again reactionary by Corney rather than demonstrating vision, strategy and shrewdness.

The problem will be budget. Corney needs to unshackle and stop this "I'll give you 60% of budget and set aside 40% in case were in the :censored: - if we succeed on 60% then happy days!". Invest at the start, give any manager a fighting chance...

Lastly I'm intrigued with Ricky Holden's 'cunning plan' on FB last night. He assures us it's not drunken rumblings. He'll come cheap and I'd gamble on Tricky's plan as nothing can be as bad as Kelly's rabbit in the headlights and bull:censored: over connections and bring Watmore to OL1.

He was a great player. He got us in the play-offs. He saved us from certain relegation. He pissed off because he couldn't bully the owner into parting with more money. He knew the score and he's slightly embarrassed the club.

Legend becomes leg-end...for now.

Shez is quoted on Twitter, looking slightly worse for wear it has to be said, as telling a Sheff Wed fan we are all but gone.

The fact we are skint should not be news.

If it is, I don't think much of his due diligence...

Guest nonaenever

If Dunn had remained any longer - we would now be in the 4th division. Shez performed a virtual miracle and for that we should be truly grateful. There is clearly something seriously wrong at the club - we can only guess at what - but Shez will always be a legend in my eyes - brilliant player for us and a superb manager. IF we could have had him at the helm for another 2 to 3 years; the playing future looked very bright. Now...... well who knows ...... we've just got to see what comes out of the wash.

If Dunn had remained any longer - we would now be in the 4th division. Shez performed a virtual miracle and for that we should be truly grateful. There is clearly something seriously wrong at the club - we can only guess at what - but Shez will always be a legend in my eyes - brilliant player for us and a superb manager. IF we could have had him at the helm for another 2 to 3 years; the playing future looked very bright. Now...... well who knows ...... we've just got to see what comes out of the wash.

The way some are carrying on we might as well as have gone down anyway cos we won't win another game without Sheridan...

Shez is quoted on Twitter, looking slightly worse for wear it has to be said, as telling a Sheff Wed fan we are all but gone.

The fact we are skint should not be news.

If it is, I don't think much of his due diligence...

IF that behaviour at Sheff Wed play iff is true then he's a dick. Unprofessional at best. Gloating, pissed up idiot at worst.

This this and this

He did what he said he'd do in keeping the club in League One and for that he deserves hero status alone but now it's time to move on and hope the new bloke can manage a merry bunch of mercenaries and loanees the same way he could