• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the reasons that caused Shez to leave, will greatly hinder our chances of appointing a decent/proven new manager.

I think we are basically looking for a first time manager, who is absolutely desperate to get his foot on the managerial ladder, and will take anything to make that first step.

Or somebody who has been out of management so long he will take anything to get back in.

If we can afford him and he has applied then Steve Cotterill for me.

Has done a brilliant job most clubs he has been at most notable was his time at Cheltenham, Notts County and more recently Bristol City. I appreciate his time at Forest was a bit sour but lots of stuff going on at the club at the time If I recall.

He knows the league well, and his team plays decent football (just look at Bristol City and how they romped this division).

Doubt we could afford him, or his demands with regards to the playing budget. But if we use that as a rule of thumb then we wouldn't be able to afford half the people on the poll.

Reckon it would make one hell of a statement of intent though.

Will Corney and the board ever learn their lesson and for once employ someone with experience, substance, a bit of wow factor and who will get the paying fans bloody excited about the coming season.

Instead of the inexperienced :censored:ing cheap option.

Edited by cornishblue

Will Corney and the board ever learn their lesson and for once employ someone with experience, substance, a bit of wow factor and who will get the paying fans bloody excited about the coming season.

Like in January you mean?

As deyres42 says, we did that in January.

In addition to that, we appointed Brian Talbot (had done well previously with Rushen & Diamomds taking them from Conference to L1, IIRC was regarded as a good manager when appointed), Ronnie Moore (done well at Rotherham, taking them from L2 to championship and keeping them there) and Penney (took Doncaster from Conference to L1 and kept them there, got Darlington into play-offs once, would of been twice if not for 10 point deduction).

All 3 were regarded as good appointments at the time and arguably met your criteria and all 3 got hounded out of the club eventually.

Tal

As deyres42 says, we did that in January.

In addition to that, we appointed Brian Talbot (had done well previously with Rushen & Diamomds taking them from Conference to L1, IIRC was regarded as a good manager when appointed), Ronnie Moore (done well at Rotherham, taking them from L2 to championship and keeping them there) and Penney (took Doncaster from Conference to L1 and kept them there, got Darlington into play-offs once, would of been twice if not for 10 point deduction).

All 3 were regarded as good appointments at the time and arguably met your criteria and all 3 got hounded out of the club eventually

Talbot and Penney rightly so, I thought at the time getting rid of Moore was a stupid decision and I still think so now.

Yes and look what happened in January we suddenly had a bit of hope and could see a bit of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

To go down the route of an inexperienced manager again like Bunn, Feeney, and others mentioned. Would be foolhardy and we need s manager who knows what it takes to get out of this league.

Like I previously stated Steve Coterill is my choice experience at this level and more importantly has won at this level and beyond. That is if he has applied.

Cotterill would be a very good appointment. Sadly there's no chance of him coming here.

Talbot and Penney rightly so, I thought at the time getting rid of Moore was a stupid decision and I still think so now.

Would anyone take Moore back? I think we could do worse.