• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cotterill would be a very good appointment. Sadly there's no chance of him coming here.

Would anyone take Moore back? I think we could do worse.

Moore couldn't arrest the slide at Hatlepool so what makes you think he could be successful here?

Moore couldn't arrest the slide at Hatlepool so what makes you think he could be successful here?

What he did in his first season there was fantastic, they were all but dead and buried when he came in.

Second season...fair enough.

Over his career he's had dips but I'd say the good seasons outweigh the bad ones.

What he did in his first season there was fantastic, they were all but dead and buried when he came in.

Second season...fair enough.

Over his career he's had dips but I'd say the good seasons outweigh the bad ones.

You could say the same for several managers who are available and there are no guarantees whoever we choose but the football under Moore was awful and I wouldn't want to go through the likes of that once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Like in January you mean?

Hate to jump on the band wagon, but yes, we took an experienced manager in January. The first in a looong time. The only one of the 7 we'd had in the 24 months prior. Ironically the same manager that we gave his first management job with us back in 2006, and the same manager we sacked for poor performances in 2009. Yes he did well, he got the team playing like anyone with any people management skills would. But the fact is, he has an allegiance to Oldham, his former club and first management job, and he was no doubt a cheaper manager than many other prospects.

The fact is, we need real experience. And current experience in this league. There are a few promising names that have been mentioned, but they will all require a reasonable wage, and subsequently investment from Corney.

The fact is, that probably won't happen, and I am expecting when the news comes, if it ever comes (The news coming from latics website seems to have stopped completely recently!), we will have an ex mediocre football player, that has never managed, needs experience to have a chance of ever going to a half decent team and will spend a few months here getting that experience for peanuts, before moving to work for a chairman that will pay him the industry standard!

I'm not exactly sure why everyone believes we need an experienced manager. We need a manager who's a motivator, got a bit of tactical nous and who can recruit fairly well. Just because someone is experienced doesn't mean they will have those things. Similarly someone who is inexperienced may in-fact have all those.

I'm not exactly sure why everyone believes we need an experienced manager. We need a manager who's a motivator, got a bit of tactical nous and who can recruit fairly well. Just because someone is experienced doesn't mean they will have those things. Similarly someone who is inexperienced may in-fact have all those.

Someone like lee johnson

Our board thought Darren Kelly was that man.

Forget the manager. It is surely an insignificance for the obvious reasons given by many on this board. The first half of this year has shown us all that.

Focus your energies on holding the owners to account, challenging them, protesting, use whatever powers we as fans have at our disposal.

Forget the manager. It is surely an insignificance for the obvious reasons given by many on this board. The first half of this year has shown us all that.

Focus your energies on holding the owners to account, challenging them, protesting, use whatever powers we as fans have at our disposal.

Surely then it is better that it is Evans. 100% :censored:.

Am I reading this right? Even if we appoint a successful experienced manager we should continue to wage war against the board?

Still going to boycott the club this season are you?

• 4 months later...

Rejects us but goes to Mansfield Town. 18th in league 2 Mansfield Town.

Something is seriously :censored:ed up when that is a better option.

It was at the time when he thought he was getting the forest job so held off from us he said it on sky the day Robinson was appointed.