JPT structure  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott the tournament?

• Yes
    • I'll only boycott matches against academy sides
    • No, I don't see any problem with the new structure
    • No, I attend every game regardless
    • I didn't go to games anyway
    • I won't go because fixtures aren't attractive. Apathy, not boycotting.

Thought we were all against boycotts on here? I suspect all those preaching about the damage boycotting a Latics fixture will do to the club coffers will be attending tonight.

Just to point out a couple of differences...

1. the reasoning and objectives are clearly thought out, researched and stated.

2. they aren't threatening to turn up to grounds and disrupt people going about their own business.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm boycotting the B team fixture. Tonight I'll be there if that makes me a scab so be it but overall I have no desire to see us play a Blackburn u23 team.

Had we had the u23 fixture at home I'd have taken this stance, but as it's an away fixture I feel like boycotting that alone isn't enough

I did ask further up the thread but got no reply. I want to take my 7 year old to this 'massive' fixture tonight , I see somebody posted fiver for adults free for kiddies. Is that correct ? And if so do I need to get a ticket beforehand ? Thanks

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/under-16s-are-free-to-attend-tonights-game-3279858.aspx

I did ask further up the thread but got no reply. I want to take my 7 year old to this 'massive' fixture tonight , I see somebody posted fiver for adults free for kiddies. Is that correct ? And if so do I need to get a ticket beforehand ? Thanks

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/under-16s-are-free-to-attend-tonights-game-3279858.aspx

We support the team not the politics, don't we?

It's a bit of a moot point as I live down south so couldn't go anyway, but for me if I was still living in the area I wouldn't go because I feel that any competition that includes Premier League youth teams will be detrimental to my club in the future, so supporting a boycott is supporting the team in the long run.

If it transpires that all the U23 teams get knocked out early, and crowds are all very low, AND if we made the final then I would consider going to that.

I never went to this :censored: competition anyway. Apart from that Northern Final match.

If I had done I'd be boycotting tonight.

If we get to Wembley I'll definitely be there.

Ironically, I probably would have gone tonight if it was in it's old format as I'm quite enjoying the season so far and would have wanted to show support to the manager and team.

If it goes back to it's old format next season winning it needs to lead somewhere, eg a bye to the third round of the FA Cup....

Edited by HarryBosch

I'll be going tonight simply for the following reasons :

1. Live within yards of the ground

2. Can't make Saturday because I've got to work

3. It's a League team we're playing not some ten bob championship academy

4. and because of the above I believe the younger players who may/will give their all to try and make a regular 1st team slot their own deserve the support.

5. Might get to see the new boy bag a hatrick on his debut ha ha ha