JPT structure  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott the tournament?

• Yes
    • I'll only boycott matches against academy sides
    • No, I don't see any problem with the new structure
    • No, I attend every game regardless
    • I didn't go to games anyway
    • I won't go because fixtures aren't attractive. Apathy, not boycotting.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they got a sponsor yet? the way it's going the comp could completely scrapped.

Would love for it to become a British league cup. Linfield / Abroath / Falkirk a chance to tick off some new grounds at least and maybe more attractive to a national sponser and a better TV deal

It's looking likely with the withdrawals that we could get Blackburn, Aston villa, Stoke or Everton. What a joke of a competition they have made of it. Good job Bolton downgraded their academy last year otherwise they could have drawn their own reserve team!

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

I've seen the EFL chief executive has said they are worried about two academies getting to the final. Amazing. Revamp the tournament and then worry the sides you're bringing in may be successful.

There's so much wrong with it covered elsewhere but fundamentally the point was to, apparently, improve the England team. But there's no requirement to play English youngsters...

Anyway, I won't be going at all.

I still think there is a need for a midweek cup for the smaller teams, biased towards the first half of the season

Surely there is someone with the ability to provide one with half decent sponsorship in a format the fans and clubs will accept that works in the football league?

I still think there is a need for a midweek cup for the smaller teams, biased towards the first half of the season

Surely there is someone with the ability to provide one with half decent sponsorship in a format the fans and clubs will accept that works in the football league?

They had one, it was formerly known as the Johnstones Paint Trophy.

You are a scab if you're attending these games. We need to stick two fingers up to the premier league. The format of the competition doesn't seem that bad but I don't fancy is playing Blackburn rovers under 21s

sorry sac but that is a bit strong, people can make their own choices without facing being called a scab. But I for one will be sticking two fingers up at this tournament