JPT structure  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott the tournament?

• Yes
    • I'll only boycott matches against academy sides
    • No, I don't see any problem with the new structure
    • No, I attend every game regardless
    • I didn't go to games anyway
    • I won't go because fixtures aren't attractive. Apathy, not boycotting.

You are a scab if you're attending these games. We need to stick two fingers up to the premier league. The format of the competition doesn't seem that bad but I don't fancy is playing Blackburn rovers under 21s

You don't have to agree with the competition, you don't have to like it, you don't have to attend but to say that those who may attend and use their spare time on what is essentially their hobbie are 'scabs' is bollox mate!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be marginally better if they made all the B teams play away from home. Madness that they expect Cambridge to travel to Middlesbrough for a reserve team game.

On the other hand, the likelihood is that boycotts will be way more noticeable if the academy teams play away.

If we played Blackburn the attendance would likely be lower than when we play Carlisle.

At the end of the competition they'll be able to say 'attendances were higher' because Everton, Chelsea and Sunderland offered their fans free or £1 tickets and got 15,000 through the gates.

Fixtures are out now.

We have been "blessed" with the trip to Ewood. Based upon how this has been structured, we should now be really excited and both Carlisle and Fleetwood fans should be gutted that they have got B*****d Rovers youth team at home.

Lucky us

It might not be at Ewood Park, where do Blackburn under 23s usually play?

Few people seemed suprised on my stance towards the English Football League trophy.

So let's put my overall opinion into pespective. I support Oldham Athletic and will continue to do so. I want them to do well every year in every competition win every game (yeah I know it won't happen)

Each year I hope we would win the JPT. Yes it was a Longshot, but can every football fan not dream? I was 11 in 1994 when I saw Oldham Athletic play Manchester United in the FA cup semi final and lose.

I remember as a 7 year old lad stood with my Dad waiving everyone jumping on the train at Shaw and Crompton the board the Football special to the 1990 Littlewoods cup final. In there hats and scarfs I didn't go I was young. But hoped one day I see us experience another glory moment like that.

I love the FA cup and the League cup, we may have not had much cup runs since 1994. But the Manchester City, Liverpool and Everton games the magic, the excitement, the buzz, knowing we would see big name players at Boundary Park and the euphoria when we won yes.

Yes we won against 3 big teams, these games you cannot script these events. Oldham a team that cost half a fraction of there squads beating the big boys.

Now fast forward to this year playing against Premier League B teams. Made up of mainly youth players. Most of them unheard off sadly most will end up being released.

Just ain't quite the same is it? Ok some teams do play weaken squads in some of the cups but you will still see a fair few known players.

Yes the JPT may have not been the most glamorous cup in some teams eyes. But try taking that moment away from the teams who have won it or at least reached the final?

A Southampton fan even said on Twitter if there reserves win it won't be the same as when they actually won it as a League 1 club.

I would love us to play at Wembley and can tell you as someone who has watched England play there it's not the same feeling as watching your own club play there.

The years we went out to Wrexham and Chesterfield in the Northern final I was gutted.

For that reason alone I cannot get excited or actually want to attend games. For me it's simply giving in to the bigger teams taking away another potential big moment for the smaller clubs.

Don't get me wrong I like watching reserves and youth team football the Manchester Senior cup and Lancs youth cup but that's because what them competitions cater for reserve teams.

If you choose to attend that's your choice.

How about turning this into a bit of a positive?

Anyone who would normally go to these matches willing to donate any money up to the value of a match ticket to Playershare? That way, the club won't get totally shafted by the stupid decisions of the Leagues.

How about turning this into a bit of a positive?

Anyone who would normally go to these matches willing to donate any money up to the value of a match ticket to Playershare? That way, the club won't get totally shafted by the stupid decisions of the Leagues.

The club are £300k or so up on the deal.

The fans have been shafted already.