JPT structure  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott the tournament?

• Yes
    • I'll only boycott matches against academy sides
    • No, I don't see any problem with the new structure
    • No, I attend every game regardless
    • I didn't go to games anyway
    • I won't go because fixtures aren't attractive. Apathy, not boycotting.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In more :censored: news, we're still obliged to play 5 first teamers in this monstrosity of a tournament (if we have that many, come September).

Not a problem. At this rate our youth team and our first team will be one and the same anyway.

I actually think that having the grade one academy teams participate with all the financial implications is no bad thing. Let's face it, the JPT was a meaningless uninspiring competition unless you made it to the finals. I'll be there when we play Man U in the semi final at a packed Old Trafford...

Edited by TheBigDog

"Clubs will be awarded 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. In the event of a drawn game (after 90 minutes), a penalty shootout will be held with the winning team earning an additional point."

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/format-confirmed-for-efl-trophy-201617-3170952.aspx#Xb1AZw8KHXvD1jwU.99

Witchcraft.

I'm glad they are helping out with fixture congestion which they are so concerned by. By making us play at least half of our first team (whenever we have one) for an extra couple of games minimum. Against some U21's.

I'm glad they are helping out with fixture congestion which they are so concerned by. By making us play at least half of our first team (whenever we have one) for an extra couple of games minimum. Against some U21's.

All part of the plan to shrink the leagues to 20 teams.

Oh dear what a shame........... Maybe the FA should of taken a leaf out of Bazzers book of football genius and carried out a suitable period of Due Diligence........................... to be honest I didn't fancy ticking City's academy stadium off on my list of visited grounds..... this season or any other

Oh dear what a shame........... Maybe the FA should of taken a leaf out of Bazzers book of football genius and carried out a suitable period of Due Diligence........................... to be honest I didn't fancy ticking City's academy stadium off on my list of visited grounds..... this season or any other

Correct, it surely would have been prudent to ask the clubs if they were interested beforehand.

I've pissed on it. It was good.