• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you find another 18 of them in the next 6 weeks?

Surely as someone with business experience you must pull your hair out at the idea that you would base what you would sell a company asset for on what you paid for it several years ago?

Surely as someone with business experience you must pull your hair out at the idea that you would base what you would sell a company asset for on what you paid for it several years ago?

Have you had a long day drinking? I know that England win as often as Winchester goes past a defender but really-I was agreeing with you

Kelly's original transfer fee wasn't officially disclosed, but the best guess I've seen is that it was around £200,000.

He's been captain of a poor team for two seasons.

He has one season left under contract.

I actually think he's a decent player and would like him to stay, but why anyone would think he's worth more than we paid for him is baffling.

Kelly is good at what he brings to the team. Breaking up opponents possession and being the engine room. Chips in with the odd goal and can be relied upon to take a penalty in the absence of a goal scorer. Credit him with his pluses and not with his negatives purely due to the fact we don't have someone along side who is the creative pin of the team.

With a year left on his contract and with a risk of him leaving for nothing this time next year, £200K would be good business. But only if that £200K goes into to team strengthening and not to pay a loan to some scousers off.

Never in a month of sundays will the full 200k go into team strengthening.

With a year left on his contract and with a risk of him leaving for nothing this time next year, £200K would be good business. But only if that £200K goes into to team strengthening and not to pay a loan to some scousers off.

I'd be delighted if that mysterious loan/charge was repaid.

Its bloody obvious he would go mutual consent etc... The Porter effect. ANY contract that can allow him to go for nowt will be cashed in whilst some value. Like him or not that one is pretty obvious sensible policy IF hes not likely to extend said contract.

Fresh team literally.... but to be fair the last shower escaped by skin of teeth.

Exactly

It would seem prudent not to sell anyone until we have a new manager. I find the idea that you have to sell your best player to fund a new manager self defeating because then the new manager would have nothing to work with. Presumably somebody already knows how our team has performed with and without the captain. Perhaps we will see some trees planted in the carpark mud!

Edited by Hands on

Its bloody obvious he would go mutual consent etc... The Porter effect. ANY contract that can allow him to go for nowt will be cashed in whilst some value. Like him or not that one is pretty obvious sensible policy IF hes not likely to extend said contract.

Fresh team literally.... but to be fair the last shower escaped by skin of

teeth.

Not so sure the next lot will though