Questions for Mr West

I get it needs paying for. Why should oldham athletic hand over the one day income they get tho to service the debt? When OEC and or brassbank get the income for the other 13/14 days based on us plaiyng at home every other saturday?

The club benefits from the stand, the club should pay for it. Just as OEC, Glo Gym and the NHS imaging centre will.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the income goes to BrassBank because the stand needs paying off. I'd say like a mortgage on your house. So quicker the better I'd say.

With regards to a plan for pushing for promotion I'm sure we will see what that is like come preseason when we see or manager and players.

I own my house and pay off my own mortgage.

Oldham athletic don't own the stand but we are paying it off

Some of the income goes to BrassBank because the stand needs paying off. I'd say like a mortgage on your house. So quicker the better I'd say.

This is what I thought was the case. However, it's suggested by Aaron (I think, may have misunderstood) that the debt for the stand is in the club's name and stand income for 1 day a week goes to repaying it. The other 6 days goes to brassbank and, presumably, the pockets of Blitz, Gazal and Corney?

I own my house and pay off my own mortgage.

Oldham athletic don't own the stand but we are paying it off

Not quite my understanding is that we don't own the land and pay Brassbank rent, but effectively own the building and we rent this out to OEC and sports direct.

That said I do think if people were to have a meeting with the club then they should ask this and get it confirmed.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Blitz and Gazal are doing what any shrude business men doing recouping some of there money they put in. Unfortunately its just the way our club is going to be run until some who as a load of cash and doesn't mind not making a profit on his or her investment.

This is what I thought was the case. However, it's suggested by Aaron (I think, may have misunderstood) that the debt for the stand is in the club's name and stand income for 1 day a week goes to repaying it. The other 6 days goes to brassbank and, presumably, the pockets of Blitz, Gazal and Corney?

pretty much correct that.

With regards to a plan for pushing for promotion I'm sure we will see what that is like come preseason when we see or manager and players.

Is this factual or speculation?

Where has it been said that the club receive money from the stand one day a week? Club events put on at the OEC goes as revenue to the club doesn't it? Sportsman dinners and the like can bring in a fair bit of revenue in on non match days which would still go as revenue to the club unless I'm mistaken.

Where has it been said that the club receive money from the stand one day a week? Club events put on at the OEC goes as revenue to the club doesn't it? Sportsman dinners and the like can bring in a fair bit of revenue in on non match days which would still go as revenue to the club unless I'm mistaken.

No I would love to say yes it does go to the club. It doesn't tho, Ask the club or the fans rep on the board to clarify it pal. If its happening on a non match day it ain't going to Latics.

Blitz and Gazal are doing what any shrude business men doing recouping some of there money they put in. Unfortunately its just the way our club is going to be run until some who as a load of cash and doesn't mind not making a profit on his or her investment.

They also need to be willing to pay vastly over the odds for the club, before making a loss once they've handed their money over in order to progress.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that club events on non match days such as meetings and dinners and stuff like that goes as revenue to the OEC, surely if the commercial side of the club stick 40 sportsman dinners on a year that goes down as revenue to the club? It does everywhere else anyhow.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that club events on non match days such as meetings and dinners and stuff like that goes as revenue to the OEC, surely if the commercial side of the club stick 40 sportsman dinners on a year that goes down as revenue to the club? It does everywhere else anyhow.

Here you go Len, quote from your Trust board representative Simon Brooke.

4. Where do the revenues from the North Stand go?

All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners. The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances.

Here you go Len, quote from your Trust board representative Simon Brooke.

4. Where do the revenues from the North Stand go?

All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners. The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances.

This is key.

Basically BrassBank has funded the stand, albeit indirectly partly (but with a Bridging Loan from the Liverpool Solicitors),

Matchday Ticketing income 100% to OAFC

Box REvenue OAFC

Commercial Profit to OAFC That raises a couple of questions in terms of,

Hopsitality. Profit to OAFC. Perfectly normal.

Food/Drink (and betting etc) Profit to OAFC. Perfectly standard

Meetings/Events/Dinners Profit to OAFC. This seems to have been a bone of contention but is clear.

So what goes to BrassBank?

Gym profit

Anthing else?

That would seem to fund ongoing costs

The main issue is how much of Brassbank income goes to pay off debt, but at the moment, I cant see a huge amount of income

I really think the Club and Trust need to work on really clarifying and promoting what make money for OAFC.

There is a clear Public Relations (in the Engagement sense) need here. Lots of people are not using services in the mistaken belief it is not going to OAFC.

There is a clear opportunity to increase income, merely by ensuring that what helps OAFC is promoted, and misconceptions corrected.

Edited by singe

This is key.

Basically BrassBank has funded the stand, albeit indirectly partly (but with a Bridging Loan from the Liverpool Solicitors),

Matchday Ticketing income 100% to OAFC

Box REvenue OAFC

Commercial Profit to OAFC That raises a couple of questions in terms of,

Hopsitality. Profit to OAFC. Perfectly normal.

Food/Drink (and betting etc) Profit to OAFC. Perfectly standard

Meetings/Events/Dinners Profit to OAFC. This seems to have been a bone of contention but is clear.

So what goes to BrassBank?

Gym profit

Anthing else?

That would seem to fund ongoing costs

The main issue is how much of Brassbank income goes to pay off deb, but at the moment, I cant see a huge amount of income

I really think the Club and Trust need to work on really clarifying and promoting what make money for OAFC.

There is a clear Public Relations (in the Engagement sense) need here. Lots of people are not using services in the mistaken belief it is not going to OAFC.

There is a clear opportunity to increase income, merely by ensuring that what helps OAFC is promoted, and misconceptions corrected.

Spot on. We need a fan representive which we have obviously but we need him to be strong with both the fans and corney himself so we can clear the whole saga straight. Maybe have two on the board so if the board don't talk to him we have another 1 to back him up and make sure the board listened.

pretty much correct that.

Could you confirm whether this is speculation or you have discovered/been told this as fact? As it seems to contradict what Simon Brooke is telling us.

Money from the OEC going to pay the debt of building it, with a little going into the playing budget, makes sense. None going into the playing budget, a small amount paying off the debt, and the rest going into recouping the losses incurred in the early stages of TTA's tenure would be pretty appalling and something the Trust should be looking to address surely?