Questions for Mr West

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you confirm whether this is speculation or you have discovered/been told this as fact? As it seems to contradict what Simon Brooke is telling us.

Money from the OEC going to pay the debt of building it, with a little going into the playing budget, makes sense. None going into the playing budget, a small amount paying off the debt, and the rest going into recouping the losses incurred in the early stages of TTA's tenure would be pretty appalling and something the Trust should be looking to address surely?

Well i think Simon needs to get the people on the trust to start saying the same thing as him.

All matchday ticketing revenue

Same as before the stand was there then?

revenue from the boxes goes to the football club

Same as what we had before, albeit a little smarter looking but not much more busier?

Profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands

Err, isn't that the revenue from the boxes above then? Not extra.

including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners. The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances.

We haven't more fans so the revenue has just migrated from other stands bars to this one, no?

Other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners.

*Charles Hawtrey styled ooooooh* there. Equates to "...a few grand" at best, doesn't it?

The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances.

Fully agree with this, however I struggle to see how this positions us as anything other than a struggling to stay up club year on year. Plus the juicy revenue is all eaten up by Brassbank. Endgame, ladies and gents.

Charles Hawtrey styled ooooooh* there. Equates to "...a few grand" at best, doesn't it? Depends what "dinners" means. Now I'm no financial expert but if the club put on just one sportsmans dinner a week all year round that could potentially net the OEC over £500k a year which is £500k they didn't have last year.

Charles Hawtrey styled ooooooh* there. Equates to "...a few grand" at best, doesn't it? Depends what "dinners" means. Now I'm no financial expert but if the club put on just one sportsmans dinner a week all year round that could potentially net the OEC over £500k a year which is £500k they didn't have last year.

Don't be so sensible lol

No it wont, their is not a snow ball in hells chance that OEC or OAFC will make that kind of figure profit even if they did double that amount of Sportsman's dinners. Hospitality is a low margin business and is why many of the staff who work in it are often on minimum wage.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Probably why I paint walls for a living then but Stockport down the road used to do em and financially it made them around £300k year so why couldn't we match or better that?

300k seems alot, was it in terms of how much they take in revenue or how much they take in terms of profit? Because 300k revenue seems about right, but when you factor in the cost of the speaker, food, staff, wastage, cleaning, drinks etc then it doesn't leave you with that much.

Edited by GlossopLatic

300k seems alot, was it in terms of how much they take in revenue or how much they take in terms of profit? Because 300k revenue seems about right, but when you factor in the cost of the speaker, food, staff, wastage, cleaning, drinks etc then it doesn't leave you with that much.

Revenue but like you say by the time you've taken all the other things into consideration it wouldn't leave you the £300k but it wouldn't "only be a few grand" either.

really good and productive discussion - a rally cry for more to support the campaign at this stage. Get involved if you can. Flyers will hopefully be distributed at friendles to gather support. Boycott everything at BP other than paying through the turnstile and your pie and pint. This campaign really needs numbers if it's going to have a positive impact.

really good and productive discussion - a rally cry for more to support the campaign at this stage. Get involved if you can. Flyers will hopefully be distributed at friendles to gather support. Boycott everything at BP other than paying through the turnstile and your pie and pint. This campaign really needs numbers if it's going to have a positive impact.

In which case it is doomed to fail...

Boycott everything at BP other than paying through the turnstile and your pie and pint. This campaign really needs numbers if it's going to have a positive impact.

I can't support this. In fact, I'd go a stage further and say its destructive madness.

Those businesses in that stand are generating income for the club through rent. Why on earth would you actively choose to damage that?

Demonstrate that there's no rent paid and I might change my mind.

Edited by opinions4u

Total lunacy. You'll destroy what your trying to save. It's a self destruct button.