Questions for Mr West

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really good and productive discussion - a rally cry for more to support the campaign at this stage. Get involved if you can. Flyers will hopefully be distributed at friendles to gather support. Boycott everything at BP other than paying through the turnstile and your pie and pint. This campaign really needs numbers if it's going to have a positive impact.

Tonight is all about turnout, how about last night? How many of the electorate turned out for this productive discussion?

Tonight is all about turnout, how about last night? How many of the electorate turned out for this productive discussion?

I believe so some where between 29 to about 34, this include 2

trust board members too. You can't knock that, let's face it we are all frustrated and peed off. It's just a shame we can focus together

Edited by underdog

Boycott everything apart from a ticket, pint and pie... Did nobody question how ridiculous this suggestion was?

It was not as simple as that by any means. It was a very good meeting, all details are in the group on Facebook. Some very very affluent people have been in touch with me am talking accountants business owners etc and things are really looking up. I no some on here are really behind this and it is very much appreciated but going forward no more posts about it will be made on here. One thing I have learned is some people will come on here to try and just have an argument or wind you up and I don't mind people disagreeing with me at all its your choice and opinion, I just want to 100% concentrate on what I am doing. I let myself down on here a number of times last week and I cannot keep doing that if I want to achieve anything. So that's all from me.

Just seen the turn out request, Lets just say 700% more than attended the OPEN fans trust meeting that I went too. Over the course of the 3 events so far your touching 150-200 and Id expect that to grow once we show up at games.

Edited by Aarondo Westy

Ask yourself whether you are happy with (or even reluctantly accepting of) the current situation and the continual year on year decline. If you are content with that then that is fine and your choice.

However if as a fan you are not happy and have the desire to do something about it then get involved and see if we can affect change. It will only happen if fans come together in numbers. Fans will not always agree on the best way forward but at least be willing to try and pull together for a common cause.

Be opened minded and don't poo poo the valiant and well intended efforts of others. Give it a chance.

Ask yourself whether you are happy with (or even reluctantly accepting of) the current situation and the continual year on year decline. If you are content with that then that is fine and your choice.

However if as a fan you are not happy and have the desire to do something about it then get involved and see if we can affect change. It will only happen if fans come together in numbers. Fans will not always agree on the best way forward but at least be willing to try and pull together for a common cause.

Be opened minded and don't poo poo the valiant and well intended efforts of others. Give it a chance.

If things start heading west (no pun intended) over the next couple of months then people will be more inclined to kick off and the protest group will gather momentum.

Im going to see how this plays out.

You're preaching to the converted. Things have looked bleak for a number of years. I don't think there are many on here who disagree.

It was just the half-arsed proposed boycott I was struggling to get my head round... Like it'd started as a full boycott but someone raised concers that they want to watch the match, might get hungry and might fancy a pint. Was this a compromise?

Whether I agree with you or not, if you're going to boycott, having a pie and pint isn't doing it.

Edited by longtimeblue

You know you sound like me...but from a trust point of view

Its not a question of whether we are happy. You've just sent out a rallying call that for all i can see will damage the club. Now i fully expect this group only want good for the club but hiding away in a Facebook group when your confronted with questions isn't the way to do it...IMO.

Sorry if I have misrepresented the group and its intended course of action. Merely boycotting the North stand is clearly not going to cut it and may not prove to be an effective in any way. The group hasn't yet formulated a clear plan as to how it will take things forward. At the minute the focus has to be on getting numbers behind the cause and gathering ideas. Fans can then take this in whatever direction they collectively see fit. The request at this stage is to turn up, say your piece, see what others have to say and see if this can get off the ground. It is very much in its infancy.

how was it? Always been a decent group, and the red button concert gave me an urge to go see them again

It was wonderfully uplifting. Hit after hit.

The only issue I had was set length - only 90 minutes with no Confusion, Horace Wimp, Last Train To London or Hold On Tight.

I'd go again. Great night.