A Sheffield Utd supporting mate of mine was having a whinge about Boltons pricing today and I couldn't believe what I was hearing, £30 to watch a 3rd division match at the Reebok (or whatever it's called this week).

I was looking forward to Bolton away this season, but if they try charging me £28-30 they can :censored: off.

Lots of Sheffield Utd fans have decided not to go so greedy Bolton might have shot themselves in the foot?

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/sheffield-united-bolton-wanderers-away-tickets-3179251.aspx

Should we have a premier league style ticket cap at our level? £20 perhaps?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did have a quick look.

A few Bury fans going to stay away too.

http://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/26556-noblot-%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3-boycotting-bolton-away-merged/

Difficult one this - being the first season we have played them in a while I can see many of us going. However if they are charging that much next season I hope we boycott the tossers.

We should all turn up at the nearest non league team to the macron and give them our money instead.. £30 CHRIST ON A BIKE!

I'm sure the directors at Radcliffe Borough FC would be well up for this, though 3000 Latics fans rocking up unannounced might take them by surprise.

Apparently they've swapped the decision to sell the top tier first, but £28 is still rubbish.

prices201-3174894.jpg

Hopefully they'll see sense and make most games category C. Probably still be £26 for us.

It's a fifteen minute walk from my house so I'll go whatever, but I was hoping for a big following. Sort it out Bolton.

As much as it's a piss take, I'll probably end up going for the day out.

If we're top 6, we'll take 3,500 and as much as many would like to take a stance, the lure of a decent day out is likely to be a bit too much.

Edited by longtimeblue

They're Leigh Genesis now and play at that new(ish) Sports Village place.

Went out of business in 2011.

It's a shoddy tale, they should never have moved from being Horwich RMI in the first place! Leigh doesn't even have a Railway Mechanics Institute. They were pretty much forcibly removed to make way for the new stadium. I went to a Horwich RMI vs Latics XI friendly when I was a young un, and about 20 years on I finally get to see another Oldham team play in Horwich! Might have a drink at Horwich RMI cricket pavilion on the day too, for posterity. ;)

Edited by Simpo

It's a shoddy tale, they should never have moved from being Horwich RMI in the first place! Leigh doesn't even have a Royal Mechanics Institute. They were pretty much forcibly removed to make way for the new stadium. I went to a Horwich RMI vs Latics XI friendly when I was a young un, and about 20 years on I finally get to see another Oldham team play in Horwich! Might have a drink at Horwich RMI cricket pavilion on the day too, for posterity. ;)

It was Railway Mechanics Institute, no?

It's a shoddy tale, they should never have moved from being Horwich RMI in the first place! Leigh doesn't even have a Royal Mechanics Institute. They were pretty much forcibly removed to make way for the new stadium. I went to a Horwich RMI vs Latics XI friendly when I was a young un, and about 20 years on I finally get to see another Oldham team play in Horwich! Might have a drink at Horwich RMI cricket pavilion on the day too, for posterity. ;)

Well well well, I did a cursory google check before I wrote that comment, but didn't realise it said they play in Fred's Pie Shop Sunday 8th Division. What a shame.

It's a shoddy tale, they should never have moved from being Horwich RMI in the first place! Leigh doesn't even have a Railway Mechanics Institute. They were pretty much forcibly removed to make way for the new stadium. I went to a Horwich RMI vs Latics XI friendly when I was a young un, and about 20 years on I finally get to see another Oldham team play in Horwich! Might have a drink at Horwich RMI cricket pavilion on the day too, for posterity. ;)

lived in Leigh in the early 90s and they were at one point going along very well finishing as high as third or fourth in the old conference and taking kevin keegans fulham to an FAcup 1st round replay but crowds were poor then the buisnessman who was bankrolling them lost interest and it all went wrong coupled with the move to the new stadium and that was it

lived in Leigh in the early 90s and they were at one point going along very well finishing as high as third or fourth in the old conference and taking kevin keegans fulham to an FAcup 1st round replay but crowds were poor then the buisnessman who was bankrolling them lost interest and it all went wrong coupled with the move to the new stadium and that was it

And they're now playing in the same league as my Sunday team as Leigh Genesis.

Guest nonaenever

Sorry to completely disagree with the sentiment on here but come on !

It's our arch enemies from times gone by - away for the first time in ages.

Every Latics fan should want to turn out - to be honest I wouldn't miss this if it was £50!

I appreciate the point being made but every Latics fan must turn out for this - and sing for 90 minutes