Protest, yay or may?

Protest  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the protest by a section of fans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I still don't understand what they're protesting.

The banner doesn't make any sense.

There's plenty to have been unhappy about in recent times but without a cogent message and clear goals it's embarrassing and impossible to even consider supporting.

Surely even the most ardent supporter of the present situation at the club must realise that anybody has the right to free speech-whatever they wish to say, within the constraints of acceptable behaviour. Why on earth anyone thinks that it is correct to have a poll on it I find very strange and a bit worrying!

Surely even the most ardent supporter of the present situation at the club must realise that anybody has the right to free speech-whatever they wish to say, within the constraints of acceptable behaviour. Why on earth anyone thinks that it is correct to have a poll on it I find very strange and a bit worrying!

To gauge opinion? Don't see why not, personally.

Changing your tune because (currently) 95% disagree with you?

I'm puzzled as to why you think it's strange.

There are things to whine about. I want somebody fantastically wealthy throwing money into my club. I don't see how this group will achieve this.

Some people still claim loudly that the earth is flat, I've seen them protesting it in that there London many times... moronic though that is.

This protest is badly timed, pointless and their banner is factually incorrect.

I'm puzzled as to why you think it's strange.

There are things to whine about. I want somebody fantastically wealthy throwing money into my club. I don't see how this group will achieve this.

I think Mr Smoker is on a roll. Don't ruin it with positivity.

Changing your tune because (currently) 95% disagree with you?

It is probably the same 95% who thought in an earlier poll that we would attain more points with Bambi in the team.

The poll results only showed once I signed out but you will quite obviously choose to ignore that fact or dispute it

I wanted to see the sort of split there was. Hard to tell exactly when people are back and forth over lots of pages. Not sure why it's wrong to have a poll?

I don't see anything wrong with this. It's a good snapshot to judge how fans feeling/likely to act at this moment in time.

I wonder if the protest group did anything like this at their conception and now just before their first planned protest today. If they did and seems that Westy is still frequenting this forum, can I see some feedback please? Thanks

I wonder if the club will watch this thread too..hmmmm

Edited by underdog

I do agree with some of the views they are trying too put across,but, now is not the time to unsettle the new manager and his new team he is trying to put together, my personal view is I've got a gut feeling this new manager is the right man for us and let's see how it pans out, any protest off the field at the moment is only going to be a big distraction for mr Robinson when at this present time he needs to be concentrating 100% on assembling a new squad

The concept isn't completely without basis. The appointment of a promising enough, but unproven, manager and a handful of players doesn't change the fact that there are issues. Yes, the whole thing lacks direction but I find the eagerness to round on these guys pretty distasteful.

Corney's really ground us down over the years if appointing a first-time manager and half building a squad out of unknown players equates to a positive buzz about the club.

The concept isn't completely without basis. The appointment of a promising enough, but unproven, manager and a handful of players doesn't change the fact that there are issues. Yes, the whole thing lacks direction but I find the eagerness to round on these guys pretty distasteful.

Corney's really ground us down over the years if appointing a first-time manager and half building a squad out of unknown players equates to a positive buzz about the club.

The problem I have with the protest is there's a lack of clarity about what it is they're trying to achieve, a closed ranks mentality and only appearing to snipe at fans they should be trying to get on side. All things the club has been guilty of for years.

Rounding on them? Rather emotive .

The criticism - well articulated by nzlatic,Bristol and others, is fair and reasoned

If people answer no to joining this protest, it doesn't necessarily mean they're entirely happy with everything.

Exactly

My main gripe has been the piss poor communications with the fans, ironically it is the easiest and cheapest criticism for the board to fix.

Do we have a right to know most things - No

But if you want fans to stay connected to the club, even through the direst of times, then open honesty is the way.

But to protest about the club and be secretive about the protest ....... hmmmm :coffee1:

Think you'd struggle to find anyone happy with everything that happens at the club mate

Definite questions to be asked and I think some valid points have been raised. In terms of the protest though, it's all a bit 'Islamic ray guns'.

As for having accountants looking into the books, I reckon they'll find we're not doing too well out of the whole deal in an entirely legal way (which is common knowledge).

Definite questions to be asked and I think some valid points have been raised. In terms of the protest though, it's all a bit 'Islamic ray guns'.

As for having accountants looking into the books, I reckon they'll find we're not doing too well out of the whole deal in an entirely legal way (which is common knowledge).

Islamic ray guns lol. Makes me laugh how secretive they are. Of course there are things that could be improved. We're not at a protest stage or anywhere near for me.

That with the accountants is ridiculous. Like Corney and the rest are into some serious embezzling ?

Absolute crusade.

That "Islamic ray guns" thing was a rather funny meme, until you actually paid attention to what the drunken semi-literate fool was saying. Whilst he was quoted with the preceeding statement, it's clear to the open minded observer that he was saying "Islamic rape gangs". It might be amusing to mock his badly articulated statement, but was it untrue to suggest gangs of men who were supposed believers in Islam were committing multiple rape?

I think this is/was a cautionary event, even for liberals like myself. It's a good time to start asking questions rather than accepting vague answers.