Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Are you after a seat on the board by any chance, you'd fit in just fine with this rhetoric. 

He's (Deyres) just an apologist for Corney imho

44 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

But offered you a refund instead as they got something you didn't ask for? 

You aren't keen to put the whole story together Adam. I met Mr Corney in a meeting like yours many years ago, and it was exciting when he revealed secrets and so on. I felt like an insider.

I no longer take statements without evidence.

I recall you were delighted when the club released a statement saying that the funds remained in place. You must be able to see now that this can't have been true?

You are pleased that refunds are being offered. Do you recognise now that the money was long gone until the Trust and angry people who felt they had been fleeced clawed it back?

Can't believe that I am going to defend SC (sort of)

Any attempt to get this challenged in court may fall at the first hurdle in the definition stage. Sure 'we' all had images of a big TV shaped monitor possibly twice as big as the biggest household TV but one man's image may be different to another's.  The perimeter boards tell the score, can tell other scores, attendances, team lists and other general info. They can argue that the perimeter boards can be seen from all areas of the ground unlike the fixed scoreboard and that recent games like the Bolton game, where the positioning of the home fans can be changed, actually is an potential problem overcome. It's a legal minefield and one I think we will be better staying away from. SC will be punished in the future by fans not trusting him and being more cautious in donating help in the future.

I am more concerned by the 'loans' and the possible connection to drug dealers. Why would people involved with drug criminals want to get involved loaning money to such a precarious industry like football that has a high cash flow but rarely any profit?

People donated for a scoreboard. You've got boards that display the score that can be seen from everywhere. 

Might not be 1 big screen but I'd rather have the boards we do than that shitty oversized tv that Accrington Stanley have got that someone posted last week. Wouldn't be able to see that properly from far off its tiny.

People are saying it's wrong he's used people's money to buy something different. You can have your money back. You might not get the exact pound back you paid with but you're still getting a pound. So what difference does it make?

Tifosy say they think the fans money was spent on boards so everyone instantly takes that as gospel over the club saying different.

If you want a refund get a refund. It really is that simple.

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

You say you keep reading it. You must have stopped 8 pages ago because no one is questioning the quality of the boards. What is being questioned is the legality of using the funds raised by fans for them, where is the income from them going and who owns them.

Sick of repeating it but this was a fan funded initiative for something to be owned by the club not Corney and for money generated to be pumped back into the club not Corney.

The perimeter boards look class. That isn't in question.

Your right I've not read it properly for a while but it still seems people are pissed off that they've donated , but just get your money back or speak to Corney or better do both. 

44 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Your right I've not read it properly for a while but it still seems people are pissed off that they've donated , but just get your money back or speak to Corney or better do both. 

Easy to say "get your money back". How about Corney just communicates with us to clear the situation up instead of releasing statements that create more confusion and more questions? 

How about Corney for once delivers on his promises and releases a statement telling us that the club will get 100% of the income from sponsorship.

If he has used our money to get these boards, they are (morally) the clubs, not his. Imagine donating to someone on JustGiving for lifesaving treatment and then seeing on Facebook that they've gone on a Caribbean cruise with the money instead. Be a bit pissed off wouldn't you.

I'd much rather him do the right thing than go and get my money back. But if he's making money off my donation and not the club, then I'd walk to the fucking moon for it before I let that happen.

Tifosy say they think the fans money was spent on boards so everyone instantly takes that as gospel over the club saying different.

This is important.

I don't take the Tifosy quotes to the Chron as gospel.  I also accept that Corney / The Club don't have to issue statements about every event that happens behind the scenes at BP.

But this is heavy shit and Corney needs to step forwards and explain the ownership of the boards, the funding of the boards, the income generated by the boards and why the Tifosy quote has been made.

Failure to do so makes him look bent.

3 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

This is important.

I don't take the Tifosy quotes to the Chron as gospel.  I also accept that Corney / The Club don't have to issue statements about every event that happens behind the scenes at BP.

But this is heavy shit and Corney needs to step forwards and explain the ownership of the boards, the funding of the boards, the income generated by the boards and why the Tifosy quote has been made.

Failure to do so makes him look bent.

Pretty much what I've said O4U, so not sure what your last post was about? Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, in which case apologies!

On the subject of why would anyone trust Tifosy's statement over the club's words, let's remember that the club hasn't always had the best track record for truthful statements:

1 December 2014: "we will not be extending an invitation for Ched Evans to train with Oldham Athletic nor will we be offering him a contract"

8 January 2015: "It has been widely reported that Oldham Athletic will not be signing Ched Evans, which we can now confirm [...] the deal could not go ahead."

So, you know, applying a little bit of cynicism to the club's statements is probably wise.

12 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Not really. Cooled down about it maybe, but certainly not changed my tune. What I think and what I am prepared to say on here are quite different.

Fair enough.

There won't be any statements on it because it is quite obvious from the setting up of the LED company what the intention is.

Big props to the Trust for kicking off about it, I hope they continue to push and probe on our behalf in these worrying times.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Fair enough.

There won't be any statements on it because it is quite obvious from the setting up of the LED company what the intention is.

Big props to the Trust for kicking off about it, I hope they continue to push and probe on our behalf in these worrying times.

Yip, we all know deep down what's happening.

But he has the best intentions and the club at heart so we can let him carry on for another 10 years.

Maybe as a good will gesture to the fans he'll leave us the corner flags and nets so we can at least have a kick about on Clayton Fields when he's fucked off.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

This

It's not a easy position to play cop on something that so many people are affectionate about. That they do it voluntarily as well, putting up with a lot of unnecessary nasty shit on this forum so they get my utmost respect. Of course they should not be beyond any criticism and I doubt they would want to be, but it would be better if people could just recognise the position and role they are trying to carry out when raising questions or disagreeing on their actions.