Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 pages in, its getting out of hand, why can't we just get on with looking forward to beating Rochdale and safety.

The scoreboard fund was a botch up from the start, no proper costings done or any sense of how much could be raised

The communication from the club has been poor all along and we are left with another serious rift between club and fans.The Trust have eventually woken up and ceased to be puppets of the club.

Lets get behind the Trust and help them become the "Critical Friend" of the club that they should be.

More critical if I was a potential buyer of the club as part of my Due Diligence I would read OWTB and run a mile,we are scuppering any chance of new investment that we all want.

24 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I think they should be left out of it. Whatever they wanted or intended they should be out of the firing line. This is the club's mess - they should've approached this with a bit more dignity.

Same here.  And I'm not sure anyone was suggesting the club did this without their consent, were they (I may well have missed it)?

50 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

More critical if I was a potential buyer of the club as part of my Due Diligence I would read OWTB and run a mile,we are scuppering any chance of new investment that we all want.

A new level of blaming the fans! It wasn't us who posted ridiculous open letters on the club website.

I am totally pissed off with most people posting on this thread. For god sake move on. First of all you all start bringing in conspiracy theories of what has happened to the money. The club state that they will give a refund if anyone wants it within one week I admit a big mistake , however after listening to the moaning they decide to give it back to anybody who requests it before the beginning of next season, a reasonable solution I think. Then oh no you are not happy with that and you suggest the owner has in some way used the money's collected. Then today you are all brought to shame by a couple who have donated over one third of the initial cost. You are not happy with the first anonymous letter that they write and some of you start again insinuating that this is a fabricated letter made up by the club. The couple then have the guts to come back again to shame all of you bloody wingers by giving their names and even stand seat numbers that they sit in and still some of you cinically still don't believe them. You all complain about the owner but my god you should all take a damn good look at yourselves. Wing ,wing bloody winge, make a conspiracy if you can brigade. Shame on all of you. For god sake move on and put this behind you. If you invested and you want your money back well damn well go and get it. The most important thing you can all do from now until 5pm Saturday is support the team to get the 3 points we badly need. All of you grow up you are like squabbling kids.

21 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I am totally pissed off with most people posting on this thread. For god sake move on. First of all you all start bringing in conspiracy theories of what has happened to the money. The club state that they will give a refund if anyone wants it within one week I admit a big mistake , however after listening to the moaning they decide to give it back to anybody who requests it before the beginning of next season, a reasonable solution I think. Then oh no you are not happy with that and you suggest the owner has in some way used the money's collected. Then today you are all brought to shame by a couple who have donated over one third of the initial cost. You are not happy with the first anonymous letter that they write and some of you start again insinuating that this is a fabricated letter made up by the club. The couple then have the guts to come back again to shame all of you bloody wingers by giving their names and even stand seat numbers that they sit in and still some of you cinically still don't believe them. You all complain about the owner but my god you should all take a damn good look at yourselves. Wing ,wing bloody winge, make a conspiracy if you can brigade. Shame on all of you. For god sake move on and put this behind you. If you invested and you want your money back well damn well go and get it. The most important thing you can all do from now until 5pm Saturday is support the team to get the 3 points we badly need. All of you grow up you are like squabbling kids.

First ever post, yeah? Welcome to OWTB. 

26 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

• The irony of a whinger wining on about winging fans. :sign0173:

Perhaps I haven't posted before because I don't want to be drawn into conflict. I have been a supporter longer than most of you on here and I travel over 150 miles round trip to attend matches. I started supporting Oldham 62 years ago and have seen us play in every division. I am proud to be the third generation supporter after my grandfather was a founder member of Pine Villa my son is fourth generation. I reckon I more than qualify to give my opinions on this forum. It doesn't surprise me of the comments that my post has got since I posted. Just goes to prove that you are all a childish bunch. By the way I don't support everything the owner has done in his ten year ownership of the club. He has made big mistakes and continues to do so , however a lot of you that post are as bad as he is. The most important thing is the team as far as I am concerned. By the way we still do need 3 points to be safe and if we play like last Saturday for the next two games we will struggle to get them. I can remember when we where struggling to keep in Division 1 and we did it by wining our last few games. You only need Port Vale to go on a winning run and we are buggered.

45 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

You should apply for a job on the PR team you fit the current set up perfectly! 

'The club made made a big mistake but after listening to the moaning' haha love it

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

By the way we still do need 3 points to be safe and if we play like last Saturday for the next two games we will struggle to get them. 

We're mathematically safe with a point and if either Shrews or Bury lose we won't even need that.

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

We are not mathematically safe if we loose our next two games and Vale win the three that they have to play we could still go down

Right you are. Still, not only do Port Vale need to win 3 out of 3, Bury need to go 2 for 2, Shrews can't afford to lose one of their remaining two either.

If you're worried about out safety go and place a bet on us to go down at Bet365, you'll be handsomely rewarded at 200/1.

I am not worried however I believe in what Shez says in that we should all not be complacent until we are safe. In Shez I trust and he knows that football can cruelly kick you up the backside if you take things for granted. Let's hope we can finish the season at home tomorrow with 3 points. Then we can start planning for the new season with a good backbone of the side already in place.

Edited by Smiler13

8 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

We are not mathematically safe if we loose our next two games and Vale win the three that they have to play we could still go down

I was just about to post the same as PlayItLivo! Not only all that, but Port Vale have only won one away all season, and have two away games to get wins from.

If we go down, I'll eat a hat of your choosing.

Still really want us to bash the Dale tomorrow like.

Don't worry too much about the strange ones, they (probably?) mean well. Just keep up the support. :)

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Some right c****s on here who must never have known a happy day in their lives they're that f***ing negative. 

OWTB demand statements from club

Club gives statement

OWTB decide it's a lie instantly

Repeat regarding any subject

This wasn't a statement requested by anyone, it was a fans story pushed out by the club. 

1 minute ago, Blue_Guru said:

This wasn't a statement requested by anyone, it was a fans story pushed out by the club. 

You get the point. In some people's eyes whatever the club says is a fucking lie because the club said it. All the outcry for more info from the club leads to them publishing statements. On here it's decided that those statements are bullshit. Which has a knock on effect and has led the club to publishing these open letters. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Hi Barry, did you ever get round to answering JSS's question?

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Perhaps I haven't posted before because I don't want to be drawn into conflict. I have been a supporter longer than most of you on here and I travel over 150 miles round trip to attend matches. I started supporting Oldham 62 years ago and have seen us play in every division. I am proud to be the third generation supporter after my grandfather was a founder member of Pine Villa my son is fourth generation. I reckon I more than qualify to give my opinions on this forum. It doesn't surprise me of the comments that my post has got since I posted. Just goes to prove that you are all a childish bunch. By the way I don't support everything the owner has done in his ten year ownership of the club. He has made big mistakes and continues to do so , however a lot of you that post are as bad as he is. The most important thing is the team as far as I am concerned. By the way we still do need 3 points to be safe and if we play like last Saturday for the next two games we will struggle to get them. I can remember when we where struggling to keep in Division 1 and we did it by wining our last few games. You only need Port Vale to go on a winning run and we are buggered.

Er we won last Saturday against 2nd in the league and had 10 men for 30 minutes.

Play like that for a season and we'll be needing points at the right end in April.