Scoreboard

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yep...(albeit a non controlling director of minority (tiny) holding asking a controlling director with a majority holding)

...and a trust member starting rumours, encouraging rumours, making jokes about the clubs precarious position and acting like a second rate comedian is also childish. 

we agree.

Depends if they post as a fan or trust member. It can get awfully confusing, I'll tell the others off and ask politely that the differentiate from now on

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Does that mean Barry, Hilly and Gee have even less rights to ask questions given that they don't own any shares at all?

Or what they bring to the table with regards to improving the clubs position

Just now, underdog said:

Depends if they post as a fan or trust member. It can get awfully confusing, I'll tell the others off and ask politely that the differentiate from now on

That's incredibly naïve.  You are both and you always post as both.   Try that defence in any other walk of life or in business or even as a very junior member of staff of a large business.  You always represent what you are.  You are always representing the trust.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That's incredibly naïve.  You are both and you always post as both.   Try that defence in any other walk of life or in business or even as a very junior member of staff of a large business.  You always represent what you are.  You are always representing the trust.

And at work I have a reputation of standing my ground and challenging the paradigm too, I'm sensing a pattern. Thanks

but we are going off topic. 

Can corney do what he wants? Would you attach a moral/legal stance with regards to you club?

Edited by underdog

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

And at work I have a reputation of standing my ground and challenging the paradigm too, I'm sensing a pattern. Thanks

but we are going off topic. 

Can corney do what he wants? Would you attach a moral/legal stance with regards to you club?

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Apologies I added the corney question, just s you responded.

i am interested in your response to it

I'm not commenting from a moral perspective or a legal perspective.

I don't know the shareholding breakdown and I don't know the full director situation.  But from my understanding, yes, for all intents and purposes Corney owns the club and can act pretty much as he pleases on most matters.  I am not saying that is correct or proper, I'm simply saying he can.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

I'm not commenting from a moral perspective or a legal perspective.

I don't know the shareholding breakdown and I don't know the full director situation.  But from my understanding, yes, for all intents and purposes Corney owns the club and can act pretty much as he pleases on most matters.  I am not saying that is correct or proper, I'm simply saying he can.

And I thank you for responding how you deem fit. Cheers

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Someone on Twitter is suggesting Corney has set up a new company which owns these LED boards - any truth in that? 

There is a new company registered at companies house at BP address early march I think. One director with the name of Simon Corney.

however I am unsure of the link to the boards, club, costing, revenue etc

Could be icalled LED media?

Edited by underdog

56 minutes ago, underdog said:

There is a new company registered at companies house at BP address early march I think. One director with the name of Simon Corney.

however I am unsure of the link to the boards, club, costing, revenue etc

Could be icalled LED media?

We don't l owe about ownership of the boards but highly likely. It's feasible  revenue from advertising because the club could rent rhrm

There are a few options for the set up. 

Some could benefit Latics fairly well, others could be equally benefit Corey hugely, some could share evenly. Time and evidence will tell,. 

The Trust should continue to investigate. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Did I say they cant ask questions?  No.  People on here love changing the argument or putting words in others mouths don't they.

But yes, those questions could be ignored.  Such is life.  No point denying it.   

In truth, in most matters, Corney can do what the feck he likes.   People understand this right?

Yes everyone understands it. So you think people don't? 

But that is not the issue here. 

IMHO You have over egged the problem of rumor mongering, repeatedly,  and understated the behaviour of Simon Corney in context of the agreements in place for the Scoreboard.

Guest davidshaw

It's all about perspective I suppose. I suspect the majority of fans don't concern themselves with the minutiae of every decision at director level, which some seem to want to do on here. Most of us are happy that we still have a professional football club, at a reasonable level, to support in a town (Metropolitan Borough) where only about 1.5% of its population even bother to support its team (a shocking statistic in itself). Against that backcloth, some would view it as a minor miracle we are still in existence as a professional club; and the majority of the credit for that has to go to Corney (certainly in my view). He was left with a real raw deal when the 2 "money men" pulled out.

As a 97% shareholder, it really is his to do as he pleases, although I always expect a moral duty whereby any football owner should be acting as the custodian of the club for future generations. I remember a certain owner a few years ago - everyone raved about him - he was sat in the away stand at Cheltenham with the fans and everyone was saying what a good egg he was. I`d only ever spoken to him a couple of times but my intuition said he was a snake and I just didn't trust him. Suffice to say he nearly led to the death of our club single handedly.

Again, I have only ever spoken to Corney a couple of times - and I just don't get that "bad feeling" - he comes across as a very hard working and genuine fella doing his utmost in dire financial circumstances - with quite a few constantly on a witch hunt against him.

I`ve been around a while, and been involved in an awful lot of business matters. In our current situation I would definitely say to his detractors "better the devil you know" (I don't consider him a devil) in our current situation. He has openly stated on many occasions that he will sell to the right buyer (and that's good - 'right buyer'). Why not cut him some slack and let him get on with that unhindered?

Even this scoreboard monies issue is not actually that big a deal in the greater scheme of things. Have we not got better things to focus time and energy on rather than discussing the return £10 or £100 donations?  Looking at some of the comments on here our scoreboard issue is on a par with the North Korean crisis.

And finally, I`m sorry, but the more I read the more I see the Trust heading into oblivion. Your leadership needs to refocus, it honestly does. Most fans actually support the club and from what I am seeing you are in danger of splitting the fan base. Don't kow tow to the vociferous minority, Trust - you are here to represent the silent majority too.

4 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

It's all about perspective I suppose. I suspect the majority of fans don't concern themselves with the minutiae of every decision at director level, which some seem to want to do on here.

Perhaps generally some do, but this one happens to concern our money, and it certainly is our business to know exactly what's happened in this instance

I completely understand your position David as one of the many fans who just want to go along on a Saturday and support the team without thinking about the rest of it. It's what I try to do when I go to the match.

Given that you don't want to be bothered with the goings on though I'm not sure why you think that nobody else should? 

To be clear, the scoreboard issue isn't the biggest concern of the Trust. It's something that we felt we had to say something about given that people had given their money over a year ago and we were involved.

It's great that Mr Corney will only sell to the right person, but he is one missed payment away from the club being owned by a football agent who was in charge at Chester when Steven Vaughan was there. If you aren't nervous about that, I wish I could sleep as soundly as you.

Edited by leeslover

I hereby notify David Shaw that every comment he makes going forward, that people don't agree with, will see him labelled as a Corney arse licker by Boundaryblue80 and his mates.

If you post anything in slight favour of SC or the club now mate, you'll just get a reply along the lines of "get out of Corneys arse"

1 hour ago, davidshaw said:

It's all about perspective I suppose. I suspect the majority of fans don't concern themselves with the minutiae of every decision at director level, which some seem to want to do on here.

Well like it or not, that's what message boards do.  You should try Twitter.  That's wild!

Most of us are happy that we still have a professional football club, at a reasonable level, to support in a town (Metropolitan Borough) where only about 1.5% of its population even bother to support its team (a shocking statistic in itself). Against that backcloth, some would view it as a minor miracle we are still in existence as a professional club; and the majority of the credit for that has to go to Corney (certainly in my view). He was left with a real raw deal when the 2 "money men" pulled out.

17th every season isn't a reasonable level.

As a 97% shareholder, it really is his to do as he pleases, although I always expect a moral duty whereby any football owner should be acting as the custodian of the club for future generations.

Words that Corney himself has used in the past.  There's also a legal duty to act in accordance with company law.  And in the case of crowdfunding exercises charitable trust law.

Again, I have only ever spoken to Corney a couple of times - and I just don't get that "bad feeling" - he comes across as a very hard working and genuine fella doing his utmost in dire financial circumstances - with quite a few constantly on a witch hunt against him.

But he is presiding over a football club which has increasing debts and an increasing series of unusual goings on.

I`ve been around a while, and been involved in an awful lot of business matters. In our current situation I would definitely say to his detractors "better the devil you know" (I don't consider him a devil) in our current situation. He has openly stated on many occasions that he will sell to the right buyer (and that's good - 'right buyer'). Why not cut him some slack and let him get on with that unhindered?

He is displaying an arrogance towards the second biggest shareholder and failing to communicate with a director around a fan funded exercise where the football club is undoubtedly sailing close to the wind on the appropriation of funds raised for a specific cause.

Even this scoreboard monies issue is not actually that big a deal in the greater scheme of things. Have we not got better things to focus time and energy on rather than discussing the return £10 or £100 donations?  Looking at some of the comments on here our scoreboard issue is on a par with the North Korean crisis.

£25,000 of supporters money is a big deal and to suggest otherwise is wrong.

And finally, I`m sorry, but the more I read the more I see the Trust heading into oblivion. Your leadership needs to refocus, it honestly does. Most fans actually support the club and from what I am seeing you are in danger of splitting the fan base. Don't kow tow to the vociferous minority, Trust - you are here to represent the silent majority too.

The Trust has FINALLY started asking questions about the football club's finances.  Finances that look dire to my untrained eye.  I think they're more relevant than they've been since TTA created OAFC 2004

Are you NNN?

Edited by opinions4u

1 hour ago, davidshaw said:

It's all about perspective I suppose. I suspect the majority of fans don't concern themselves with the minutiae of every decision at director level, which some seem to want to do on here. Most of us are happy that we still have a professional football club, at a reasonable level, to support in a town (Metropolitan Borough) where only about 1.5% of its population even bother to support its team (a shocking statistic in itself). Against that backcloth, some would view it as a minor miracle we are still in existence as a professional club; and the majority of the credit for that has to go to Corney (certainly in my view). He was left with a real raw deal when the 2 "money men" pulled out.

As a 97% shareholder, it really is his to do as he pleases, although I always expect a moral duty whereby any football owner should be acting as the custodian of the club for future generations. I remember a certain owner a few years ago - everyone raved about him - he was sat in the away stand at Cheltenham with the fans and everyone was saying what a good egg he was. I`d only ever spoken to him a couple of times but my intuition said he was a snake and I just didn't trust him. Suffice to say he nearly led to the death of our club single handedly.

There is a lot in Dave's post with which, as a sadly distant (geographically) fan, I find myself in agreement.

I completely understand the anger re the scoreboard fundraising. The club should offer unconditional refunds. At the same time, that poor episode doesn't feel all that different to forking out £20-25 on matchdays and hoping for better times, which in recent years have been all too rare.

The other side of the coin is that the club could easily have become another Stockport, or Tranmere - and may yet suffer that fate, for all any of us know. At the moment there is a glimmer of hope - Sheridan, Clarke, Gerrard, Holloway are all contracted for the next two seasons and it looks as though Shez will pull off a repeat miracle.

The simple truth is that we don't know what Corney & co. have in mind for our club, which hurts. We can only hope that he means it when he says that he wants the right buyer and not a shiny suit. That we have survived this long on the gates that we get, next door to the "Premier" League prima donnas, is a miracle in itself.

When I look at top level professional football, and remember how it used to be, I want to vomit. When I see a small club like ours, surviving against the odds, whatever the question marks over its running, I want to celebrate with a beer and carry on hoping. 

Guest davidshaw

I appreciate everyone's views. You will note that I too was critical of the club statement re. the scoreboard situation. I just don't see it anywhere near as dramatic as some do. I am going to eat Easter eggs - thank you.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I hereby notify David Shaw that every comment he makes going forward, that people don't agree with, will see him labelled as a Corney arse licker by Boundaryblue80 and his mates.

If you post anything in slight favour of SC or the club now mate, you'll just get a reply along the lines of "get out of Corneys arse"

Damn right. Another clown that's ignorant of the shit tricks our "leader" pulls (actually, more that he even admits he does not care about the inner workings of the club) and YET magically steers the debate into undermining the Trust and its inner workings. Priceless. It's textbook Corney antics.

Must admit though, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw Deyres criticise the man.  The poster does have a backbone to criticise the man after all ? You? Not so much. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest davidshaw
5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Damn right. Another clown that's ignorant of the cunts tricks our "leader" pulls (actually, more that he even admits he does not care about the inner workings of the club) and YET magically steers the debate into undermining the Trust and its inner workings. Priceless. It's textbook Corney antics.

Must admit though, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw Deyres criticise the man.  The poster does have a backbone to criticise the man after all ? You? Not so much. 

Cheers boundary - do you want an Easter egg?

I`ve been given 6 and I`m full up.

On 03/04/2017 at 2:26 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

So let me get this straight...the Trust were (are *cough*) going to get a percentage of the revenue the scoreboard makes...but at present, we've now got lovely Advertising boards which (joining them dots) are owned by Simon's other company LED Media who will take all the revenue.

Fucking priceless :lol:

No wonder the club are shouting from the rooftops "come get your money back"...they'd love every single one to get their money from the fund...does anyone honestly see a scoreboard going up any time soon which would take revenue away from Simons own company? Nahhhhh

Another "told you so" moment eh, Deyres? ?

Now...I can't wait for the next picture of Simon in the bank with a Latics fan withdrawing money from his own personal account to keep the club going ?

The shapeshifting that has gone on over this has gone to new depths. To snaffle up one scoreboard fund was incredible...to snaffle up a 2nd is a piece of magic even David Copperfield would be in awe of. All legit tho *cough*

And when another project comes along or even if buckets are truly needed to save us...this latest shit trick will see less putting in. Thanks Simon (and his all singing comrades!)

Edited by boundaryblue80