New signing - Ryan McLaughlin

Robbo says deal is done for striker, not available tomorrow.

Hopefully by Saturday definitely Monday as his club may need him.

So he's a loan.

Following the Northern Ireland thread, Caolan Lavery wasn't in the squad for Wednesday on Sunday, but Steven Fletcher went off injured. He might fit the bill.

Joe Gormley said to be allowed to go out on loan from Peterborough.

Rather more optimistically, Kyle Lafferty was an unused sub, and has just accepted a betting offence. Up our street.

Conor Washington unused sub for QPR and they've just signed a striker too, having struggled last season to make an impact.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's a loan.

Following the Northern Ireland thread, Caolan Lavery wasn't in the squad for Wednesday on Sunday, but Steven Fletcher went off injured. He might fit the bill.

Joe Gormley said to be allowed to go out on loan from Peterborough.

Rather more optimistically, Kyle Lafferty was an unused sub, and has just accepted a betting offence. Up our street.

Conor Washington unused sub for QPR and they've just signed a striker too, having struggled last season to make an impact.

Good thinking.

I could see Lavery and Gormley being realistic. Lafferty and Washington less so, but what a coup it would if we got either of them.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Good thinking.

I could see Lavery and Gormley being realistic. Lafferty and Washington less so, but what a coup it would if we got either of them.

Given we had £100k + wages to spend on Magennis you'd expect us to have some clout when it comes to whoever this striker is.

I mean, like I say, Lafferty and Washington are highly highly unlikely, but worth mentioning on the basis of Northern Ireland link.

The more I think about it the more I think it'll be Lavery

Edited by NewBlue

No way it'll be Caolan Lavery. Coventry City interested and also Bristol City. Sheffield Wednesday hold his registration and demanding in region of £250-£500k apparently.

All four NI strikers named would be brilliant but most likely a Prem/Championship/Scots youth player with promise on six-month loan

On wages of 10 or 20 grand what makes you think they'd want to enhance their CV by pitching up at Boundary Park, as usual be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Mr Glasshalfempty do us a favour and join the rest of the miserable gits on facebook will you, you do nothing but spout negativity, your f*cking up mans chi init :icon_peace:

Edited by OAFCM35

No way it'll be Caolan Lavery. Coventry City interested and also Bristol City. Sheffield Wednesday hold his registration and demanding in region of £250-£500k apparently.

All four NI strikers named would be brilliant but most likely a Prem/Championship/Scots youth player with promise on six-month loan

Would a club part with that money for a lad who's 23 and has just come back from a L2 club with 4 goals in 13? Without emergency loans I suppose the point comes where a parent club and player must think to themselves they have to cut the asking price significantly, loan them out or let them sit on a wage for 6 months.

Go on then half full brigade who do you reckon it will be then, suprised George Warings names not been mentioned, ex Barnsley loanee who I suspect Stoke will be keen to loan out, I'd be reasonably happy if we got him in.

Dont know who it will be but I know I won't pull then move to bits before it happens

Haven't had chance to post this until now but I heard late last night from someone who knows Jez Moxey that there could be mileage in Kyle Lafferty coming on loan to Oldham.

He's seriously out of favour at Norwich and actively looking for another club. No firm offers as yet and one serious interest evaporated after a change in manager. With the recent bad press he's becoming more interested in dropping down a level for six months, score a few goals and be in shop window ahead of his Norwich contract ending this season as suggestion he'll become a free agent ahead of Jan window.

He knows Robbo well from NI setup and we've contacted Norwich. It sounds like a mutual "helping a mate out" whilst Norwich pay almost all of his wage.

Slight delay is a worry on immediate fitness of other contracted strikers at Norwich but Norwich likely to sign one ahead of weekend and another before window closes. One being Wells from Huddersfield and another from abroad. Lafferty however purely a backup on Norwich's bench but this is why we may not sign him this week. I very much doubt this is the same striker as in Chron story though as it was suggested that even though he'll be free to move after weekend we're very much the plan B option as Lafferty is waiting for a Championship club.

Haven't had chance to post this until now but I heard late last night from someone who knows Jez Moxey that there could be mileage in Kyle Lafferty coming on loan to Oldham.

He's seriously out of favour at Norwich and actively looking for another club. No firm offers as yet and one serious interest evaporated after a change in manager. With the recent bad press he's becoming more interested in dropping down a level for six months, score a few goals and be in shop window ahead of his Norwich contract ending this season as suggestion he'll become a free agent ahead of Jan window.

He knows Robbo well from NI setup and we've contacted Norwich. It sounds like a mutual "helping a mate out" whilst Norwich pay almost all of his wage.

Slight delay is a worry on immediate fitness of other contracted strikers at Norwich but Norwich likely to sign one ahead of weekend and another before window closes. One being Wells from Huddersfield and another from abroad. Lafferty however purely a backup on Norwich's bench but this is why we may not sign him this week. I very much doubt this is the same striker as in Chron story though as it was suggested that even though he'll be free to move after weekend we're very much the plan B option as Lafferty is waiting for a Championship club.

What has the wolves chief executive got to do with this?!