New signing - Ryan McLaughlin

Quality player. Very pacey and a great foot on him. Expect some decent delivery from right flank. If we get a striker with same quality then superb...a similar winger on opposite flank then ecstatic

He's only got one foot? See how low we've sunk? I'm out!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Steve for securing a decent and experienced addition to the squad and congrats to Corney for supporting him with some more signings as we need them! Look forward to seeing gradual improvement in these early stages.....

Been told by a Barnsley fan he's an outstanding signing for League 1. Barnsley board also said they'd have liked him even in the Championship, but on a fitness related contract.

Sounds like we have a player on our hands if he can stay in tact.

According to SR a fast physical striker was supposed to be signed today.

Probably no chance of it happening but Craig Davies hasn't featured much for Wigan over pre-season and wasn't in their squad on Saturday (unless he's injured but not seen any mention of one)...

Just thinking the same myself!

Think he signed for shrews instead...Ivan Toney

"He's a centre-forward, he's six foot two, pacy, he's a very good player, a very good all-round striker who has been brought here because the qualities he has enhance what we already have"...sounds exactly like SR wanted

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/08/08/shrewsbury-town-sign-striker-ivan-toney-from-newcastle-united/#xUCECm6UkWcoyM6t.99

Edited by Blue_Guru

From the Chron.....

AHLETIC expect to boost their scoring options by signing a new striker today.

Don't think the word expect would have been used for Toney as apparently there was a lot of interest in him. Hopeful would have been nearer the mark....I reckon it's someone else.

Strange that his club may need him for sat!

Strange that his club may need him for sat!

Hull? Need all the bodies they have.

Any young strikers worth looking at there with dare I say a Northern Irish accent or SPL background :)