Dalien Atkinson

Goal of the season 1992/93, check it out.

http://youtu.be/zhGvYcqJRKk

Here.... Amazing how many Villa had in that selection.... Mind you they were up there until Nick Henry ended their hopes of the title.

If I remember correctly, this was the same season Milligan back heeled one in at Maine Rd (which was shortlisted in goal of the month) & Mark Brennan scored a goal against Chelsea at BP which didn't even make goal of the month.

Naturally we lost at Anfield to a goal of the season contender...! In fact, we lost all 3 times at Liverpool when in the top division, twice in the closing stages having led.

Edited by lookersstandandy

eyewitness on radio stating police put the boot in whilst he was on the floor so not good

? Must be true then! Statement from the family says police dealt well in circumstances. End of the day behave and comply and you will never be tasered or find an officer getting hands on with you.

Some of the biggest bullies and cowards you could meet hide behind a uniform.

What a load of twaddle.

That's like saying 'all football fans are hooligans.'

I work very closely with the police and I don't know a single one that i'd call a bully or a coward. They're pulling their tripe out doing a thankless job that most of the general population wouldn't / couldn't do for what they're paid.

It's a shame that someone has died under those circumstances but to criticise all police as some sort of heavy-handed elite group of bullies acting above and outside the law is rubbish. Some are idiots as people but you get that in every job role but the large majority I know personally or have worked with in a previous job myself were amazing, genuine and caring people who had to do a job that the large majority of us couldn't do or wouldn't do.

Back when Atkinson was nearing the end at Villa and when he returned from playing overseas, he was dating a girl I knew and she lived with him. It wasn't coincidence that her life spiralled downwards and her behaviour changed for the worst until she left him. It doesn't surprise me that his own dad claims that certain habits have continued for the 20 years since and his behaviour became more and more erratic and volatile.

An immense talent but one who struggled when that talent waned and he couldn't acclimatise to life as an ex-footballer. It's extremely unfortunate that his actions and behaviour led to the need for tasers to be used to restrain him.

Some of the biggest bullies and cowards you could meet hide behind a uniform.

It's funny! some of the most argumentative, angry, mouthy, aggressive people I know or have had the misfortune to meet over the years feel exactly the same way about the police.

It must just be a coincidence...

(I am no way saying that describes you in person, as I don't know you)

Here.... Amazing how many Villa had in that selection.... Mind you they were up there until Nick Henry ended their hopes of the title.

If I remember correctly, this was the same season Milligan back heeled one in at Maine Rd (which was shortlisted in goal of the month) & Mark Brennan scored a goal against Chelsea at BP which didn't even make goal of the month.

Naturally we lost at Anfield to a goal of the season contender...! In fact, we lost all 3 times at Liverpool when in the top division, twice in the closing stages having led.

Yeah and all three in their own way were killers. First one was the first match back in the top division, absolutely brilliant occasion (will never forget seeing the packed Kop for the first time). Was still gutted we lost to a late goal (Dean Saunders maybe?). Second one was a dour game settled by that Rush scorcher, looked like we were relegated. Third one was absolutely gutting - Beckford (?) gave us the lead midway through the second half, looked like we were going to win until Fowler got two in the 88th and 91st minutes, both scrambled efforts blown in by the Kop. Soul destroying....