Northampton

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be easy tonight. They're on a massive unbeaten run and we know after that run under Johnson what that gives a team

Think I'd take Klok out for a more creative player - Banks, Martin, Croft, Mclaughlin etc.

unbeaten runs always have to end at some point! .. you never know it may end up our job to end it! lol

Won't be easy tonight. They're on a massive unbeaten run and we know after that run under Johnson what that gives a team

Think I'd take Klok out for a more creative player - Banks, Martin, Croft, Mclaughlin etc.

Most of that run was against a load of donkeys from the League below. They're mixing with the big boys now. 3-0 to Latics...

Whilst it was a nice back heel, he didn't create the goal.

He wouldn't have got any fantasy football points for it but he still played an important role.

But he does need to improve his final product. At his best wasn't he our top "assister" though so does have it in him.

Never been sure about the concept of the "assist". Does seem a relatively arbitrary thing to give credit to the last person who touches the ball before the goalscorer regardless of the circumstances (I may be corrected but I think that's how it works?). Surely you can contribute to a goal without being the person to give the "assist" (Croft last week) just as much as you can be counted as the person "assisting" when, for example, you punt a long ball into the box and the centre forward then makes a goal out of nothing.

Never been sure about the concept of the "assist". Does seem a relatively arbitrary thing to give credit to the last person who touches the ball before the goalscorer regardless of the circumstances (I may be corrected but I think that's how it works?). Surely you can contribute to a goal without being the person to give the "assist" (Croft last week) just as much as you can be counted as the person "assisting" when, for example, you punt a long ball into the box and the centre forward then makes a goal out of nothing.

But Flynn played a lovely pass inside the defender for the goal. It was hardly like it rebounded off his arse into Law's path.

Croft did a nice back heel but there was a lot of work to go...