• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree, but was fearing more.

Some truly appaling crowds.

and this

Neil Allen@pn_neil_allen 1h1 hour ago

#Pompey 0 Reading U23s 1 HT. Frenchman sets up American to score for team consisting of 5 Englishman. Future success for England is assured

And a 30 year old Charlie Adam scored, that'll help England.

and Grimsby keeper got himself sent off, a centre back went in goal as no GK on bench. Delight for GT fans as 2 players rested.

Nigerian Bright Enobakhare scored for Wolves.

25 year old Austrian Andreas Weimann scored for Derby.

American Andrija Novakovich and 25 year old Joseph Mendes from France scored for Reading.

Sergi Canos from Spain and 25 year old Nelson Oliveira from Portugal scored for Southampton.

And these are just the scorers from tonight.

This will really help the future of the national team.

Edited by jorvik_latic

Really enjoyed the game. Winch had good reception and played with energy and finesse, liking up well with Wilson. Clark immense as was Ripley. Defence so solid Cods never looked like scoring. Fane much better in second half, never stopped and broke up opposition play. Croft had a couple of chances when he came on. Hope this victory will give the team much needed confidence.

Edited by Fyldelatic

Really enjoyed the game. Winch had good reception and played with energy and finesse, liking up well with Wilson. Clark immense as was Ripley. Defence so solid Cods never looked like scoring. Fane much better in second half, never stopped and broke up opposition play. Croft had a couple of chances when he came on. Hope this victory will give the team much needed confidence.

I thought Winchester was his normal self, didn't do anything special but he kept the ball in good areas, id keep him in for Saturday with exactly the same set up.

McKay & Erwin both took their goals well with the latter playing very well along with the best 90 I've seen from Flynn who was energetic and direct.

If we play anything like tonight at weekend we should pick up at least a point.

Guest nonaenever

Could this game attract our lowest ever away following for a match played in the UK, the lowest I can recall is 88 at a game I attended. I only know of one person whose making the trip.

7 of us went in a van to West Ham away on a Tuesday night in the early 80s (league game from memory - ended 0-0) - we sat in their main stand - honestly cannot recall any other Latics' fans being there! I suppose there must have been we certainly weren't aware of any - must rank as one of, if not the, lowest ever away turnout. Well done to the lads on a good win tonight - very refreshing and £10k banked.

Where exactly did he play? Wide right or in the hole? Did he track back and did he look stronger on the ball?

Every position across the middle ...flyn,green and Winchester switched throughout which kept fleetwood guesssing. Fane stuck to the holding role.

I felt Winchester threatened more in the central attacking midfielder role and made some good attacking runs. When he was on the right side he linked well with wilson and kept there wingers at bay and no threat came from that side.

He kept the ball well and tackled and tracked back when necessary. Thought he had a good game and certainly offered more than Banks and Klok ever have for me.

Second time I've seen the lads this year. Other game was Wigan.

They seemed to lack confidence at first. Flynn's aggressive run at the defence was the turning point. Laid the ball of to McKay and he finished really well.

I was pleased to see Winchester in the team and satisfied with his overall performance. Fane and Erwin were outstanding. It was a good team performance - they totally bossed the second half.

Two totally unnecessary bookings, but why do 2 Oldham players concede a free kick and earn a yellow card when the same offence is just a free kick and no booking for Fleetwood?

Robbo clearly wanted to be more attacking on Saturday by starting with a winger. The problem is that winger can't play the game at this level any more. As it's going, I reckon his next SOS will go to Carl Winchester as the faith in the rest of the midfield wanes. Not sure if that will be a good thing or bad at present.

Knew it would happen. Didn't think it would be as quick as it has been. I love the "he's been getting his head down for a month" comment. Nowt to do with the midfield being :censored:e then. As I couldn't care less about the result in this bastard of a competition, I'm not that impressed we've played Clarke or most of what will be the first XI 5 days before our longest away trip of the season.
Fingers crossed that we get something at Gillingham and that the decision to play them & the SOS to Winchester turns out to be an inspired gamble. We need points! Proof will be in the pudding.
Edited by boundaryblue80

It's been glaringly obvious we've needed a Winchester type all season, even before the season started. That or Flynn to produce when there are league points up for grabs.

Flynn produced last night, Winchester played in the same team and did nothing wrong but people need to get it out of their head he is definitly going to be the answer. He still couldnt finish 90 mins but he did put in a shift this time.

The issue has been the tactics, the midfield and the lack of decent service to the strikers. If we can be more forward thinking we should be ok but that mean Robbo changing his game plan

Edited by palmer1