Rochdale Match

Just heard Robinsons post match Radio Manchester interview. He didnt seem too confident about his long term job prospects towards the end of it. Said he understood that you dont get given time in football and how much he has isnt his decision to make.

I wonder if he's had a word of warning from Corney already?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard Robinsons post match Radio Manchester interview. He didnt seem too confident about his long term job prospects towards the end of it. Said he understood that you dont get given time in football and how much he has isnt his decision to make.

Would be par for the course for SC.

Neither of the centre mids are capable - Fane permanently, Green temporarily - of taking the ball, turning and passing

I would not disagree but if you cannot pass to your midfielder because he is not good enough, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle!

If that's the case, and a change is made in the next few weeks, I hope an experienced manager is brought in. Someone who's been around the block a few times and has a bit of authority about them. Someone who won't let the players put in such weak performances such as we saw in the first half at Rochdale. Shez for instance made a big difference last season. It was so obvious that he wouldn't take any crap, something that maybe a rookie manager might not be able to command. Just a thought.

Listened to Steve Eyre on the radio on way home and he expanded on his theory as to why we dont create chances.

He says it's because we dont control the midfield so hardly ever have good possession iN the final third. Says we dont retain posession long enough so tire from chasing the ball all the time.

He did say though that he doesn't think our problems are huge and reckons they could be fixed with a few small changes. He thinks we should play the extra man in midfield.

I listened to that and found it very interesting...

He also gave excellent insight into why Winchester doesn't hold down a regular first team place. He didn't use the term scapegoat once so I'm sure many will disagree with his analysis if you can be bothered finding it.

He also gave excellent insight into why Winchester doesn't hold down a regular first team place. He didn't use the term scapegoat once so I'm sure many will disagree with his analysis if you can be bothered finding it.

I think I'll trust the opinion of Lee Johnson over Steve Eyre.

Do you have a link for the interview? Can't seem to find it...

Alternatively paraphrase it in a post.

I would not disagree but if you cannot pass to your midfielder because he is not good enough, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle!

Oh I know.

Green has to be rested to bring back the player that started the season, and Fane has to be dropped (or drastically improve pronto).

Such a good point. He has spells of 10 mins where he looks unplayable but, on the whole, he looks so uninterested...

We had this with Gary McDonald, but he is forgiven everything for his goal at Everton.

To brighten us up here it is again.

I expect he's got until January. This is his team, and a new man couldn't bring anyone in or move anyone on until then. I'm guessing this is Corney's new policy: if most of the team are on loan it's easier to get them out and new players in when you sack the manager

I expect he's got until January. This is his team, and a new man couldn't bring anyone in or move anyone on until then. I'm guessing this is Corney's new policy: if most of the team are on loan it's easier to get them out and new players in when you sack the manager

It's his team in as much as that's all he could get from those who hadn't already found a club

Have sales dropped thought the MEN had stopped reporting on clubs other than the two Manc sides.

Unless there is crowd trouble or

Scandal

I think I'll trust the opinion of Lee Johnson over Steve Eyre.

Why, what is LJs opinion on why Winchester was dropped at Dale or why he cant hold down a place 3 years after he left the club?

in fact what is his opinion on why nobody came in to buy him when there was chance this pre season? Hell he was out of contract for months.

Why, what is LJs opinion on why Winchester was dropped at Dale or why he cant hold down a place 3 years after he left the club?

in fact what is his opinion on why nobody came in to buy him when there was chance this pre season? Hell he was out of contract for months.

BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We couldnt effing give him away.

We had this with Gary McDonald, but he is forgiven everything for his goal at Everton.

To brighten us up here it is again.

Gary McDonald (while limited) is 100 times the player Flynn is! I've said it once, I'll say it again...Flynn is the new Richard Butcher (RIP). On the whole, awful and like playing with 10 men, except for the odd 10-15 minute spell every 4 or 5 games.

Whatever the players can or can't do, playing 4 in midfield was always likely to cause an issue for us.

You cannot blame Robinson for individual errors both with and without the ball, but he has to take responsibility for the shape of the team.

Burgess in particular is so unwilling to carry the ball into midfield that Fane and Green are on top of the back 4. As a result yesterday we just weren't able to move the ball through the midfield at all and Ladapo and Erwin were hopelessly isolated.

I didn't think either were great..... but I would have loved to have seen somebody try and look great with the serice they received.

We only improved after half time when we shifted Erwin to the left and got Flynn in behind McKay and we started to create the extra man on the right with Dummigan and Mclaughlin.

What was really worrying was that as soon as Hill made the change to the left side of his team we were back to square one.

I see nothing in Reckord to suggest that he is a capable league one footballer and I think that leaves us pretty unbalanced at present. We had to shift the point of attack in the second half but he wouldn't venture with any comfort past the half way line!!

Worrying times ahead.....

This is the most sense I've read so far.

It's not the coaching that will see us go down but the tactics. We've seen against Scunny that we have some ability. We drove forward as a unit that game. The only time all season (bar maybe the Wigan game.) But if we are going to insist on playing a lop-sided set up and have a striker isolated and ploughing a field up top 40yds ahead of a slow, one-paced defence & midfield that get nosebleeds when they cross the halfway line then you're heading for disaster.