Rochdale Match

I've mellowed quite a lot over the past few years when it comes to my reaction to a defeat, but today has left me very angry.

The lack of willing from anyone, apart from PC or CR, to show any kind of passion was a disgrace. Burgess was a joke for the first 30 minutes and got bullied by the lone front man for Dale.

Fane and Green were non existent and the Dale midfielders, notably the captain, had the freedom of the middle third.

Rochdale were very comfortable in the game. We had a spell of pressure at the start of the 2nd half, but we never really looked like scoring and, indeed, it was our keeper who had to make more serious stops.

Absolutely :censored:e, but at least we were the best team out of possession...

I'm apathetic to it all I've missed three home games already this season and just don't care anymore that today was wank and I expected it to be.

this club is :censored:ed - barely 1500 home fans next week I guarantee it. I won't be one of them, I'll be decorating.

People can rant about keeping the faith - :censored: off, 9 home wins in 19 months.... no top 10 finish for 7 seasons (8 this year) and haven't scored 3 goals in a home game for 474 days....

Time to go Simon I'll gamble with admin over this complete mess...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripley a class above

McLaughlin complete mard arse an attacking threat weak as piss in the tackle

Dummigan see McLaughlin

Reckord bottle merchant :censored: himself when he reached the halfway line can't tackle for :censored:

Clarke leader

Burgess absolute tart stick George in there

Green steady but no oomph

Fane meh offers no attacking threat

Flynn stealing a wage

Ladapo lazy

Erwin out of position but thinks he's messy, just get the shot away

McKay busy but he's a non league striker would be superb at Salford

Winchester poor today

Just back

Pissed up and pissed off

Robinson totally inept

Players not arsed. Fans superb

Stewards arse holes

Fair play to Ripley and Clarkie coming to face the fans. Rest of the players and Robinson cowards

Man up and face the fans instead of the media bull:censored:

Corney: do one before the gates drop to nothing

50 years a supporter and never felt as low as this season

Ripley a class above

McLaughlin complete mard arse an attacking threat weak as piss in the tackle

Dummigan see McLaughlin

Reckord bottle merchant :censored: himself when he reached the halfway line can't tackle for :censored:

Clarke leader

Burgess absolute tart stick George in there

Green steady but no oomph

Fane meh offers no attacking threat

Flynn stealing a wage

Ladapo lazy

Erwin out of position but thinks he's messy, just get the shot away

McKay busy but he's a non league striker would be superb at Salford

Winchester poor today

Harsh on Mclaughlin and Dummigan - thought Mclaughlin showed glimpses of the winger we've been missing. Erwin, to his credit, tried hard. Ripley is a star in the making and Clarke a trooper. The rest really aren't up to much.

Edited by JoeP

Erwin tried hard - but he's :censored: and working hard should be a minimum requirement which six or seven others need to get their heads round.

I know our players aren't the most talented bunch but if a player can't get himself fired up to give his all for a local derby they are :censored: all use to us and may as well :censored: off back to their cushy lives at their parent clubs and enjoy the last year or two of being a pro footballer because some of them will be lucky to carve themselves out a career with what appears to be the drive and ambition of a slug.

The first half was crap. We struggled to keep the ball and usually resorted to punting it up to Erwin and Ladapo. The amount of times we've seen those two aren't the greatest at holding the ball up yet we still punt it to them is amazing. That being said i don't think dale had caused us too many problems up until the goal. After the goal we actually played it about fairly well for the last 5 minutes of the first half. Second half we came out with more intent and attacked fairly well down the right. I thought Mclaughlin and Dummigan played quite well together although often the cross was wayward. Mckay was a menace when he came on but i just wish he'd shoot more. I don't actually think we were much worse than rochdale but you can't only turn up for one half, especially when you struggle to find the net......

The first half was crap. We struggled to keep the ball and usually resorted to punting it up to Erwin and Ladapo. The amount of times we've seen those two aren't the greatest at holding the ball up yet we still punt it to them is amazing. That being said i don't think dale had caused us too many problems up until the goal. After the goal we actually played it about fairly well for the last 5 minutes of the first half. Second half we came out with more intent and attacked fairly well down the right. I thought Mclaughlin and Dummigan played quite well together although often the cross was wayward. Mckay was a menace when he came on but i just wish he'd shoot more. I don't actually think we were much worse than rochdale but you can't only turn up for one half, especially when you struggle to find the net......

Same old story. :censored: first half and get nowhere near their goal, manager shouts abit at half time and we put a bit of pressure on for 10-15 minutes but usually still look unlike scoring. Only difference today was that other teams have got the second goal that completely kills us off.

I think November is a big month for Robinson. For all of Corney's faults if someone looks like they are going to take us down then he will sack them.

Rochdale won that game at a canter and they arent even very good.

I thought they flattered to deceive. Had a lot of the ball in decent positions, rarely troubled us (obviously enough to win).

Agreed. As I said they arent even very good but at no point did I fancy us to get something out of the game.

The players might not be very good and half of them arent even our players but I saw a lot today which indicates that we are not well coached.

Agreed. As I said they arent even very good but at no point did I fancy us to get something out of the game.

The players might not be very good and half of them arent even our players but I saw a lot today which indicates that we are not well coached.

Whats worrying is that we seem to have decent spells albeit without creating loads every game yet we can't put it together for 90 minutes...

Whats worrying is that we seem to have decent spells albeit without creating loads every game yet we can't put it together for 90 minutes...

We dont really have a squad do we to allow us to rotate and/or change things?

That today was piss poor and then you look to change things and all you've got really is Winchester.

Corney has sold us down the river this season!

I thought that the support was superb today and so did my Dale mate. Deserved much better than that crap on the pitch.

There were so many aspects in which better coaching is urgently required and doubt if the players will be good enough anyway.

I cannot see where we go from here apart from the 4th division