Rochdale Match

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute embarrassment. :censored:ing garbage.

First half was as poor as I've seen a pro team pass the ball. It was the first moment it sank in that these players simply aren't up to the standard required to stay up. Add to that the problem that our better players, excluding Ripley, are struggling badly for form - Green, Clarke, Erwin.

Fane isn't ready, Ladapo was appalling again and McLaughlin struggled to get the better of their striker, who was playing left back. Reckord looks poor after a decent start too.

The only time we look half threatening is when Flynn picks up the ball. Other than that it's dross.

Most worrying is the fans have turned. I think it said a lot when Ripley and Clarke were applauded (did anybody see what happened with him pointing fingers at a fan?). No goals and a lack of fight except for a decent ten minutes. I don't see Robinson being in danger of losing his job just yet, but to pull that pile of :censored: into a half decent side looks harder by the game.

Edited by NewBlue

I dont often swear but this was :censored:ing :censored:e.Again we were piss poor up front.Felt sorry for our supporters who deserve better than this shower of garbage.

Only good thing was our chants about Boris Johnson.

That first half was an absolute embarrassment. No-one was up for it. We were second to everything, no passion for a local derby. Our gameplan was largely - lump it up long to the forwards, then someone dive for a free kick, then put in a shocking delivery. 40 minutes they persisted with that tactic until the fans - who up until that point had been superb - eventually turned. And quite right too. Rightly booed off at HT.

2nd half we started like we should have started the 1st, but why wait till then? Why do we set out for a 0-0 at Dale, who are a bang average side? As :censored: as we are, there's not much between the majority of sides in this division this season, so why set up like we're Northern Ireland? We kept up the pressure for a good 20-25 mins, but failed to actually create anything, much less force their keeper into a meaningful save. The remainder of the game just saw Dale hardly break a sweat, such was our impotence in attack.

I don't mind going down 1-0 or 2-0 if we give it a bloody good go, but to go out with a whimper, it's just not good enough. This lot are well paid for what they do, and churn out dog :censored: performances like this every week. And the club send out surveys as to why the home attendances are falling!! For :censored:'s sake, if you have to ask why, you shouldn't even be in the game.

It kills me to see the club in state that it currently is, top to bottom. It's heartbreaking.....

Edited by Snookmeister

Unfortunately, we are stuck with some of these shrinking violets until January.

I haven't much faith the next lot of loanees and freebies will much better, or the manager will change his 'defence comes first' policy.

It will be refreshing to watch the Latics kids on Tuesday in the FA Youth Cup, you can bet those lads will have a real go under TPs attacking philosophy.

I've mellowed quite a lot over the past few years when it comes to my reaction to a defeat, but today has left me very angry.

The lack of willing from anyone, apart from PC or CR, to show any kind of passion was a disgrace. Burgess was a joke for the first 30 minutes and got bullied by the lone front man for Dale.

Fane and Green were non existent and the Dale midfielders, notably the captain, had the freedom of the middle third.

Rochdale were very comfortable in the game. We had a spell of pressure at the start of the 2nd half, but we never really looked like scoring and, indeed, it was our keeper who had to make more serious stops.

Absolutely :censored:e, but at least we were the best team out of possession...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Take Connor Ripley and Peter Clarke out of that team are we are well and truly :censored:ed. Spineless set of bastards.

Ladapo can :censored: off right now, tonight, for me for that first half.

We lost to :censored:ing Rochdale, who went 6th tonight. I'll just leave that out there...

Just heard the post match interview from SR. I'm taking what positives I can from it. Fair enough he doesn't use the officials as an excuse. He owns up to bollocking them (players) at half time which is what they were due, he refers to the problem of playing the ball backwards (yes sometimes it is needed for posession but far too often we've been letting teams get back this season) and he even questions his selection which at the start of the game most were happy with to be honest. First and foremost the players need to look at themselves again. There number 10 and 9 were strong players today. We need a Dale Stephens who can spread that ball effectively. Oh how we do. Fane was terrible all game and Flynn only showed up in the second half. How Fane stayed on all game I do not know. Boris would have shown him a thing or two....sorry finger or two.

That was :censored:e and the players got off very lightly from a tremendous turn out. The team have had one and a half decent performances in months & haven't earned the right to try as little as they did in the first half. Ripley & Clarke aside, I'd be fine with not seeing any of them in a Latics shirt again. Fingers crossed there isn't enough money to pay the wages this month because that collection of dickheads don't deserve any.

Just heard the post match interview from SR. I'm taking what positives I can from it. Fair enough he doesn't use the officials as an excuse. He owns up to bollocking them (players) at half time which is what they were due, he refers to the problem of playing the ball backwards (yes sometimes it is needed for posession but far too often we've been letting teams get back this season) and he even questions his selection which at the start of the game most were happy with to be honest. First and foremost the players need to look at themselves again. There number 10 and 9 were strong players today. We need a Dale Stephens who can spread that ball effectively. Oh how we do. Fane was terrible all game and Flynn only showed up in the second half. How Fane stayed on all game I do not know. Boris would have shown him a thing or two....sorry finger or two.

Haven't seen the post-match interview, but it's not the first time he's said all the right things after a really bad result.

First doubts around Robinson's ability creeping in today - today was very poor. He's had a tough job, coming in and playing catch up with limited resources, but we don't have any idea of how to score a goal.

Haven't seen the post-match interview, but it's not the first time he's said all the right things after a really bad result.

First doubts around Robinson's ability creeping in today - today was very poor. He's had a tough job, coming in and playing catch up with limited resources, but we don't have any idea of how to score a goal.

The number of games this team has played - including pre season friendlies must equate to half a season, so the new bunch of players needing time to gel just doesn't wash anymore.