Rochdale Match

Are we going to make any changes?

Personally I'd be prepared to be unchanged which might sound strange considering we have come of a home defeat to Bristol Rovers but I would say stick with the currentvs tarting 11 with the idea to make them gel. Although I would be tempted to go with McLaughlin over Winchester.

I might decide to go if I can watch a tarting 11

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that many disagree with that statement. We are now at the same level in virtually all respects as;

Rochdale, Bury, Fleetwood. AFC Wimbledon, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Oxford and Brizzle Rovers.

I cannot think of any arguments to put forward that we are a 'bigger' club than any of those 8.

Well I definitely can. Our crowds are bigger than Fleetwood, Rochdale and Bury. The two former while in the greatest period of their club's history.

Oxford and Bristol Rovers, while being a few divisions below for a decade, have been in a rut and you could probably argue have always been similar sized to us.

I don't know Shrewsbury or Northampton's history

Oxford didn't join the league till the 60s. They've had about 25 years outside the bottom 2 divisions, and three years in the top flight. Tinpot.

Bristol Rovers joined in the 20s, but have only spent about 20 years in what is now the championship, and never been in the top flight. Also tinpot.

Well I definitely can. Our crowds are bigger than Fleetwood, Rochdale and Bury. The two former while in the greatest period of their club's history.

Oxford and Bristol Rovers, while being a few divisions below for a decade, have been in a rut and you could probably argue have always been similar sized to us.

I don't know Shrewsbury or Northampton's history

The problem we have now NewBlue is what I've highlighted above. "Our leader" has positioned us below where we were...a club that could get in 4,500-5,000 each week and slowly over the years we've gone down to 3,500-3,000

We are showing signs that soon we will be looking at 2,500-3,000. Slowly but surely, every single bit of the club has been reduced down. And then as fans accept it, they start reducing us down further. Ever decreasing circles.

The problem we have now NewBlue is what I've highlighted above. "Our leader" has positioned us below where we were...a club that could get in 4,500-5,000 each week and slowly over the years we've gone down to 3,500-3,000

We are showing signs that soon we will be looking at 2,500-3,000. Slowly but surely, every single bit of the club has been reduced down. And then as fans accept it, they start reducing us down further. Ever decreasing circles.

The fickle nature of the fan has also led to the reduction of course.

Oh yes of course, however our capacity for support is still larger than Bury, Rochdale, Fleetwood etc.

Few would claim Huddersfield were bigger than Nottingham Forest or Brighton are bigger than Leeds despite crowds this season

Regarding Saturday, if we do manage to get a win we'll only be 3 points behind Dale and not far off mid-table.

I don't rate our squad highly and I'm not convinced by our manager, but we aren't cut adrift and the league is tight. So let's see what happens.

At what point do we start to question the manager, he has been cut a lot of slack because pf the situation he inherited?

If the manager goes (again) another one of similar ilk desperate to join the rat race will be employed and we can start all over again, bull:censored:ting us fickle fans into believing we are punching above our weight and we are lucky to be surviving in a League that Bury, Rochdale, Northampton, AFC Wimbledon, Port Vale and Fleetwood are all plodding along very nicely in the top half of the table with ambitions of a top 6 finish.

Fleetwood have a benefactor and Dale are very well run financially. We cannot look down on either.

Bury are throwing everything at promotion but we can still look down on them perhaps.

Fleetwood have a benefactor and Dale are very well run financially. We cannot look down on either.

Bury are throwing everything at promotion but we can still look down on them perhaps.

I think I'm Dale's case it's been about them having a manager who's very astute in the transfer market like Royle was, otherwise I would hazard a guess they'd be posting operating losses every year.

At what point do we start to question the manager, he has been cut a lot of slack because pf the situation he inherited?

People already are I think.

No one's hounding him out but he's been criticised for the multiple 0-2 scores at home (rightly so) and lack of goals throughout the team. My worry is that he's limited when it comes to tactics and strategy, certainly from an attacking standpoint. I had no problem with him building from the back first but there hasn't really seemed to be a coherent plan to get goals over the last 2 months. The thing he has going for him is that it's unclear that anyone could get more from a squad like this, purchased late on in the window en masse.

I think he's in a similar place to where Dunn was this time last year. He needs to prove that he's the right man to take this squad up the league by January. I strongly doubt that wholesale changes will be possible again so getting a tune out of most of this squad is a must for him. Luckily for him it'll be hard to do as badly as Dunn did between now and the window.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

We just accept now that anyone half-decent in our team won't be there for long. If we ever get the attendance side of things sorted, we might be able to hold on to them for a bit longer. Mind you, the greatest bit of business by any club ever is when you lot got half a million for Trotman.

I think I'm Dale's case it's been about them having a manager who's very astute in the transfer market like Royle was, otherwise I would hazard a guess they'd be posting operating losses every year.

I disagree. It is the Chairman who has sorted out all the deals AND he doesnt cash in the sell on clauses

If the manager goes (again) another one of similar ilk desperate to join the rat race will be employed and we can start all over again, bull:censored:ting us fickle fans into believing we are punching above our weight and we are lucky to be surviving in a League that Bury, Rochdale, Northampton, AFC Wimbledon, Port Vale and Fleetwood are all plodding along very nicely in the top half of the table with ambitions of a top 6 finish.

Dont see the point in sacking him, he needs a hell of a lot of time to see any sort of result of what he's built. 20 players in 4 weeks is madness, the board are to blame.

If it gets as bad as it was under Dunn. Maybe. Or if we look like we're going down.

We'll blow hot and cold until January at least in my eyes, if not until the end of the season.

As bad as it's been at times he's shown glimpses of knowing what he's doing and will continue to do so I think.

We'll win Saturday. He'll ship 4 to 6 out in January and hopefully bring in 2 or 3 quality additions.