Rochdale Match

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baffles me what folk are thinking of when they say "go down, to come back up"

Especially from people who no longer go. They don't go because we've been stagnant and :censored: in this division for most of 20yrs. And somehow think a drop in level will be the tonic to turn us around. Beyond laughable!

So stagnating will be better for us? Of course it would be a risk the way we are run but let's be honest it will be the only way we would have a chance of doing anything, our level now is below where we're at and whilst we have a chairman who views 20th in this :censored: league as an achievement and spends the minimum achieving that then nothings going to change.

So stagnating will be better for us? Of course it would be a risk the way we are run but let's be honest it will be the only way we would have a chance of doing anything, our level now is below where we're at and whilst we have a chairman who views 20th in this :censored: league as an achievement and spends the minimum achieving that then nothings going to change.

Ah...so now even you are eating up the :censored: "our leader" has fed everyone and spouting it out. Our level wasn't below where we are at. It was pitched there and we have duly sank to it. Luck more than judgement has kept us afloat at this level. Drop to the level you have forceably been fed and now believe is where we should be at and watch the process begin all over again. Listen to statements like "bigger clubs than us like Tranmere & Wrexham are non-league so we should be" be rolled out.

Christ sake people...think for yourselves, will you?!?! Going down will be a :censored:ing disaster.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Ah...so now even you are eating up the :censored: "our leader" has fed everyone and spouting it out. Our level wasn't below where we are at. It was pitched there and we have duly sank to it. Luck more than judgement has kept us afloat at this level. Drop to the level you have forceably been fed and now believe is where we should be at and watch the process begin all over again. Listen to statements like "bigger clubs than us like Tranmere & Wrexham are non-league so we should be" be rolled out.

Christ sake people...think for yourselves, will you?!?! Going down will be a :censored:ing disaster.

We're no more or less likely to have a good season in League 2 than we are in League 1.

The people who suggest coming back up might give us some momentum always totally ignore the fact that going down might just as likely give us the other kind of momentum..

Going down may well be a disaster as I've said before it will probably be enough excuse for Corney to cut the cloth accordingly again but one things for sure is he has zero ambition for achieving anything in the top half of this league as demonstrated by the interview he gave whilst we were riding relatively high after he cashed Johnson in.

Relegation would cost the club over £200,000 just in the FL solidarity payments, we currently receive around 600k and that would drop to around 400K with relegation and that's just for starters. Promotion to the Championsip would see us receive a payment of over £5 million and for the bottom clubs in the PL this season its worth a cool £80 million plus, with a guarantee of three years worth of parachute payments totalling more than £62 million.

Look at the teams in League 2.

This might be :censored: but down there is different level :censored:.

I don't understand the drama about this league being that bad.

Objectively speaking we're in a division with teams which are probably about our size.

We're as much a stain on this division as most other sides...

I don't understand the drama about this league being that bad.

Objectively speaking we're in a division with teams which are probably about our size.

We're as much a stain on this division as most other sides...

Yeah, meant in terms of familiarity, playing same teams etc.

Still rather play Bradford every season than Barnet.

Look at the teams in League 2.

This might be :censored: but down there is different level :censored:.

The gap between the Championship and League One is much greater than the League One and Two gap.

There are some exceptions (Bolton and Sheff Utd in our league, Portsmouth in the league below) who are fallen giants with budgets that are well above the rest of the competitors. Otherwise it's much the muchness.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I don't understand the drama about this league being that bad. We're as much a stain on this division as most other sides...

I dont think that many disagree with that statement. We are now at the same level in virtually all respects as;

Rochdale, Bury, Fleetwood. AFC Wimbledon, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Oxford and Brizzle Rovers.

I cannot think of any arguments to put forward that we are a 'bigger' club than any of those 8.

There are some exceptions (Bolton and Sheff Utd in our league, Portsmouth in the league below) who are fallen giants with budgets that are well above the rest of the competitors. Otherwise it's much the muchness.

Imagine how bad the 3rd division will be next year if Bolton, Bradford & Sheff Utd go up!

Mind you I doubt that we will be there to see it

Regarding Saturday, if we do manage to get a win we'll only be 3 points behind Dale and not far off mid-table.

I don't rate our squad highly and I'm not convinced by our manager, but we aren't cut adrift and the league is tight. So let's see what happens.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Regarding Saturday, if we do manage to get a win we'll only be 3 points behind Dale and not far off mid-table.

I don't rate our squad highly and I'm not convinced by our manager, but we aren't cut adrift and the league is tight. So let's see what happens.

I thought exactly that this morning. Unfortunately, the most likely outcome will leave us 9 points behind them.

Going down may well be a disaster as I've said before it will probably be enough excuse for Corney to cut the cloth accordingly again but one things for sure is he has zero ambition for achieving anything in the top half of this league as demonstrated by the interview he gave whilst we were riding relatively high after he cashed Johnson in.

Relegation would cost the club over £200,000 just in the FL solidarity payments, we currently receive around 600k and that would drop to around 400K with relegation and that's just for starters. Promotion to the Championsip would see us receive a payment of over £5 million and for the bottom clubs in the PL this season its worth a cool £80 million plus, with a guarantee of three years worth of parachute payments totalling more than £62 million.

But remember - Bazza said we can't afford to go up and get that £5m....

Are we going to make any changes?

Personally I'd be prepared to be unchanged which might sound strange considering we have come of a home defeat to Bristol Rovers but I would say stick with the current starting 11 with the idea to make them gel. Although I would be tempted to go with McLaughlin over Winchester.

Edited by GlossopLatic