Latics v Watford - December, 1973

We were almost always bad when the TV lot came to BP .Good memories though .Nice to see Andy Lochead.

Never will forget that 6-0 thumping from Villa.

Yes. I used to dread seeing the TV cameras at BP. A sure sign we'd lose!

The Villa match still haunts me too.

A little clip of "king of all Geordies" Vic Halom playing for Sunderland in that show too.

Also painful memories for England with all those chances against Poland ..... That Polish keeper had the game of his life - a clown with gloves on indeed Mr Clough

Must have been our first ever appearance on t.v.

Pity Grovesy wasn't playing.

Highlights of away match at Crystal Palace in 1961 in Saturday night highlights programme and also on match of the day at home to oxford in 66 (it's on YouTube somewhere)

The RRE terrace looks bigger than I remember it.

Held 15,000 back then,one of the biggest open ends in the country.Look for the You tube clips v WBA in 1975 when they clinched the title, biggest away following I ever saw at BP.Pisses United and City fans off when I tell the that!

Held 15,000 back then,one of the biggest open ends in the country.Look for the You tube clips v WBA in 1975 when they clinched the title, biggest away following I ever saw at BP.Pisses United and City fans off when I tell the that!

wasnt that the only home defeat that season ? seem to remember spurs filling it for a tuesday night FAcup match late 70s 22k gate ? Ardiles did us 1- 0

wasnt that the only home defeat that season ? seem to remember spurs filling it for a tuesday night FAcup match late 70s 22k gate ? Ardiles did us 1- 0

Yeah, I remember that. Not sure it was a night match though.

Bolton used to pack the RRE, so did Newcastle and Sunderland.

One time, IIRC, the Bolton game was called off at the last minute because of snow. The 25,000 or so who had converged on BP promptly dispersed at five to three - around half being Wanderers fans.

Us singing 'Johnny Giles selling pies'

No idea why, but that sticks with me

Yeah, I remember that. Not sure it was a night match though.

Bolton used to pack the RRE, so did Newcastle and Sunderland.

One time, IIRC, the Bolton game was called off at the last minute because of snow. The 25,000 or so who had converged on BP promptly dispersed at five to three - around half being Wanderers fans.

it was 79 snowed off at stoke whilst 2-0 down won replay 1-0 did liecester 3-1 5th round on a tuesday night due to fixture pile up massive ques to get in the chaddy all the way up past the rre joined que at 7 entered the chaddy 7.45 missed first 15 mins chaddy heaving ended up at the front against the wall think spurs couldnt play us the saturday as they were playing thier 4th round game due to weather

Edited by peanuts

I stood in the RRE when we had a crowd of 42,000.

It beggars belief that you could get that many in...... I recall the noise the Chaddy End made - I was sat in the Lookers Stand on the edge of the 18yrd line nearest the Chaddy End - when Ritchie scored our 2nd against West Ham in the Littlewoods Cup S/F 1st leg...... it was deafening.... and there were only 20k in the ground that night.....!