Scunthorpe v OLDHAM 20th Nov.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may have been covered elsewhere but that Scuny shot in the second half, before they scored, that went in, didn't it?

I was 110 yards away but it felt like a goal.

Twitter posters suggested it hit the stansion over the line. I think Matt Chambers reported similar.

Despite our chances in the first half, Scunny outplayed us over 90 minutes.

Twitter posters suggested it hit the stansion over the line. I think Matt Chambers reported similar.

That's irrelevant if you put your 3 golden chances away first half though.

Leicester prove that.

It may have been covered elsewhere but that Scuny shot in the second half, before they scored, that went in, didn't it?

Indeed and I am surprised at the lack of clamour on here to have the ref stood down, struck off or even shot.....that's what we usually do

Your not joking either...didn't go but they were the most one sided highlights I've seen in a long time and if a true reflection of the game they battered us!!!

Admittedly we should have scored at least 2 goals 1st half and the miss by McKay was beyond belief but off those highlights they deserved to win the game.

Guest nonaenever

I still maintain we are an improving side.

Even taking into account Millwall away, if you look at the first 6 league games of the season we - Won 1, Drew 3, Lost 2 and scored 4 goals

Look at the last 6 league games and we - Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 4 and scored 2 goals.

That is most definitely NOT improving.

Just seen Robinsons pre Port Vale interview on Latics Player. He says having reviewed the stats he can see we dominated the Scunthorpe game. The stat he quoted to back this up was that we made 84 entries in to their half of the pitch.

Just seen Robinsons pre Port Vale interview on Latics Player. He says having reviewed the stats he can see we dominated the Scunthorpe game. The stat he quoted to back this up was that we made 84 entries in to their half of the pitch.

In which case they must have made at least 83 entries into our half if we had to keep going back to come out again. Surely in any game the teams can be only one entry into opposing half apart?

Is it just me or are all these stats that have appeared in the game - just a load of bollocks. ..from Lee Johnson's 'bomb alley ' to information like this... if managers are taking how many times the team enters the opposition half as a positive but doing nothing with the possesion and losing games. .what is the point!

Guest nonaenever

Is it just me or are all these stats that have appeared in the game - just a load of bollocks. ..from Lee Johnson's 'bomb alley ' to information like this... if managers are taking how many times the team enters the opposition half as a positive but doing nothing with the possesion and losing games. .what is the point!

Though stats can be useful sometimes, I tend to agree with. Somebody, somewhere (no doubt in some coaching manual) has brainwashed all young managers. The only stats that really matter are goals, which hopefully lead to points i.e. if our manager, one day, cottons onto the fact that if we score just one more goal than the opposition each game, then we'll be ok.

In which case they must have made at least 83 entries into our half if we had to keep going back to come out again. Surely in any game the teams can be only one entry into opposing half apart?

I'm trying to put it a gloss on this. Does it mean carrying the ball forward? Piece of piss getting the ball into the other half every time you get it (unless you can't kick it that far, Anthony)