Scunthorpe v OLDHAM 20th Nov.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battered top of league 1st half and created clear cut chances. Should have been out of view. Robinson can't put the ball in the net for them

We were always going to have to take a gamble on needing to change players in January who aren't good enough with the fact Robbo had to sign a full squad once players had already gone other clubs.

Paul Green is the only one responsible for that 2nd yellow. Not Robinson.

It's no consolation, I know, but does the fact that Scunny's keeper was awarded MOM say something? If we weren't having shots, he wouldn't be MOM. Sounded like we should have been out of sight by half time, but games likes that happen. Maybe I'm just being too positive.

It does say that we are now starting to create chances.

However we are still not sticking the ball over the line and it's been going on all season.

Another Oldham Athletic Nil scoreline is just adding to people's frustration and the increasing likelihood of another change in management.

Stat of the day: It's exactly 5 years since an Oldham Athletic player scored a League hat trick Robbie Simpson vs Chesterfield 19th Nov 2011. I wonder how many of the other 92 league clubs have to go back 5 years for a player who has scored a hat trick for them I bet it's not many.

Edited by GlossopLatic

It's no consolation, I know, but does the fact that Scunny's keeper was awarded MOM say something? If we weren't having shots, he wouldn't be MOM. Sounded like we should have been out of sight by half time, but games likes that happen. Maybe I'm just being too positive.

Ripley is MOM every week. Says something too?

We score every three hours, that's all there is too it.

The annoying thing for me is these players seem to be able to get themselves up to play the league leaders but it's the games at home versus the likes of Swindon and Wimbledon that we should be starting and playing with that intensity, games like today would be easier to swallow if we could play like that at home because today's performance replicated at BP would see us about 10 points better off.

Final point is for McKay who for me has had his chances now and should be :censored:ed off back to Wigan and a kid given a chance because he's not up to it.

Maybe only having 3 or 4 players 3 weeks before the season started had something to do with it? He might be a :censored: manager, he might not but it's difficult to know with the shambolic way our club is run.

It won't change if Robinson goes.

Sorry but after several months that's excuse is overused for me.

Sheridan came in last season and turned us around in less time.

The players are under performing months after signing. Would 2 weeks wouldn't make much difference?

I'm not arguing that he hasn't been hard done by. I'm saying that he will take us down

Edited by palmer1

Battered top of league 1st half and created clear cut chances. Should have been out of view. Robinson can't put the ball in the net for them

We were always going to have to take a gamble on needing to change players in January who aren't good enough with the fact Robbo had to sign a full squad once players had already gone other clubs.

Paul Green is the only one responsible for that 2nd yellow. Not Robinson.

Disagree, it's the managers job to manage the game and he didn't do that. Green could have in fact gone earlier for repeated bad tackles - and he was struggling with an injury.

His faith in McKay has now got to the state of pig headiness.

I accept we should have been home and dry in the first half, but something is clearly amiss if chance after chance is not taken game after game.

Edited by BP1960

Sorry but after several months that's excuse is overused for me.

Sheridan came in last season and turned us around in less time last season.

The players are under performing months after signing. Would 2 weeks wouldn't make much difference?

Sheridan had a settled squad to work with and still changed half the team. Talk of sacking Robinson is ridiculous, he needs the opportunity to sort this desperate striker situation out.

He will get until January were no doubt he will bring in Gerrard if he doesn't go to MK Dons with his cousin, a defensive midfielder and a striker on loan who won't change a thing. (if we miss out on Gerrard after all these weeks its another disgrace)

Robbo strikes me as a man who will stand by the lads he brought in up front and in away that's a respectable thing to do. It will be our demise though...

I was listening on BBC manc, sounded like a decent game, we were the better the first half, they were on dangerous early first half. But apparently did score and it was not given.

Sending off did of us really, but sounded like we we re still gunning for an equaliser, which is good to hear.

I keep saying it that I just hope, we can get lucky and stay in touch with other teams until the January window and we can get a couple of players in. Alternatively, if there isn't any money in the kitty and who knows if there is.....then please folks consider playershare so if called upon we can help the manager bring in a player or two that can helps us. Using opinions4u easyfundraising site for all your online shopping services give us a regular kickback and we currently have £4.5k in the kitty.

Big thanks to those who have contribute when they can, our regular monthly contributors, those that pledge on this site, those that use easyfundraising and those int he fantasy football league on here too. Anyone else I missed sorry and I do include you too.

Bugger....player sent off means I now owe playershare pledge a £10. Balls

Edited by underdog

Here's a positive, there are half a dozen teams equally as :censored:e as us at the bottom of the table, so much so that we are still only a win or two from getting out of the bottom four, now it's perfectly clear what's required and it's not even as bad as when Shez came in because then we needed 4 or 5 players to get us out of the mire, we need a decent midfielder and one decent striker in the Main/Holloway mould as week on week it's were we lose the games, I honestly think with Kelly/Palmer/Main in the spine of that team we'd be sitting in the play offs, in this division the margins are so fine but Robinson's been given little chance to succeed and is pissing in the wind with the players he's got.

Sheridan had a settled squad to work with and still changed half the team. Talk of sacking Robinson is ridiculous, he needs the opportunity to sort this desperate striker situation out.

Lose against Vale followed by a loss to Lincoln (arguably the most important game of the season) and I reckon he could be gone.

I hate to break this too you but we lost again! We didn't batter anyone and they had a perfectly good goal ruled out to boot.

If he is a good to decent manager why do we sit well into the bottom four with the worst goal scoring record in memory!

Its not just about today! Okay?

If we'd have had competent strikers we'd have been 3 or 4 up at half time.

The game is about individual mistakes, of course it is. Some things are uncontrollable.

The game is about individual mistakes, of course it is. Some things are uncontrollable.

Quite possibly but how many times has that been said over the last 2/3 years...

of these strikers which are on season long loans? Can we send any back?

I want results and that's all. Will Robinson send them back because I believe he will stand by them. With that he's sending us down,I hope I'm wrong.

But we wasn't.

It's the same question as it was with Dunn last year, do you give him another window to sign players if he isn't correctly managing the current players?

Probably time to recognise that defensively we have an excellent record, look at the league enable in full. IF we manage to get our strikers scoring or get someone who can in January, we'll be fine. There isn't much wrong with rest of the side now, Robinson I think is making progress.

Stop winging - we have this fabulous new stand : you know, the one that scores loads of goals ; is a great passer of the ball ; is superb in defence, and overall runs the show week in week out.

You must remember the Stand, the one l got slated for on here for suggesting that the money would have been better spent on the team ; the one about which l made the point that fans would happily stand/sit out in the open to see free flowing attacking, goalscoring, successful and entertaining football week in week out.

We've not got that, but at least we have a shiny new Stand.

Like 99% of the fans im thoroughly depressed with the feeble attacking performances this season, but I thought we'd have been in the relegation zone at this stage of the season after the summer debacle.

Im not convinced myself by the gaffer but I would give Robinson the next transfer window to try and change things. I think out of the hastily put together squad there will be 8 out in January, Burgess and get Gerrard in, one of the left backs as there both rank average if that good, Woodland not good enough, Klok will never make a professional footballer, the winger from Hull forgot his name he's made that much of an impression, one of Winchester or Croft can carry them both, Lapado is a lazy b*****d and not got the stomach for a relegation battle and Mckay as its just not working for either of us. Save them wages and bring 3 on the saved wages in for there wages and have the kids as back up and see where we are at the end of February. Theres going to be around 10 teams for the 4 relegation spots and as long as we are in touch going into the new year I think thats the best we can expect......Unfortunately.

Quite possibly but how many times has that been said over the last 2/3 years...

of these strikers which are on season long loans? Can we send any back?

I want results and that's all. Will Robinson send them back because I believe he will stand by them. With that he's sending us down,I hope I'm wrong.

We've not been this defensively solid before though. It's not the old 'if we had a 20 goals a season man' trope either. It's 'if we had somebody who could put the ball in from 5 yards'. It's not unrealistic wishful thinking, it's just competence.

Nor am I saying we create chances aplenty, but we have lost considerable number of points from misses beyond the control of the manager.

I come away from today positive about our manager and once again frustrated by the unbelievable ineptitude of our strikers.

Send all 3 strikers back in Jan for me. McKay missing a open goal didn't help. Says a lot when Ryan Flynn is our main attacking threat ahead of our strikers

I'm a big Erwin fan, but even I'm beginning to wonder if he's worthy of the wage and place.

The other two are turd and I'd not have let them get back on the coach home tonight...