New Signing

The "food thing" will be a motivator if there is the possibility of breakfast and lunch being re-instated if the performances improve.

We don't know if the possibility and terms of them being re-instated.

It could be the next win, two wins on the trot, we don't know so cannot guess.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "food thing" will be a motivator if there is the possibility of breakfast and lunch being re-instated if the performances improve.

Whatever it is, it shouldn't have reached the papers.

You chat absolute balls

I think what he said is bang on. Not only is the move bad for player morale, which must be on the floor anyway, but it also means the club won't have any input into what they're eating, which means a much greater likelihood of them eating crap. Croft will be having Nando's for breakfast, dinner and tea. Winchester will probably just have a few extra Bensons to suppress his appetite.

Really?! You think they'll be motivated to win back their breakfast? If they're not motivated now, it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

Not sure how you'd keep something like that from them though. Lots of players and staff involved. This isn't aimed at you, but for those who don't think things leak out from the club...they do...people talk.

True, meant more in terms of Robinson confirming it, cringeworthy.

Really?! You think they'll be motivated to win back their breakfast? If they're not motivated now, it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

These reprobates can't even motivate themselves to stand out for a decent move when their short contracts run out, never mind their :censored:ing beans on toast!

It's a punishment. It's not a carrot and a stick. And I wouldn't want to speculate how it will work because I don't know the players he works with.

Chron reports that players will no longer be served breakfast or lunch at the club as a punishment for poor performances. They'll have to sort their own food from now on.

What??????

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read!!!

Short sightedness and penny pinching summed up right there.

What??????

It'll effect our ability to bring in players in January.

Would a player rather join a club where he's cooked for or where he has to make his own food, and spend some more of his wage on it too..?

So short-sighted, especially with the window coming up and the desperate need for players.

What??????

Agreed, I'm just waiting for the first cases of food poisoning to appear if they have to prepare their own meals Monty.

Can't believe im reading this, if a player doesnt want to sign for a club just because he has to make his own breakfast, thank f**k....were in a position when we need harden professionals not pampered tossers

Indeed and if the players had bothered for the 1st hour against Lincoln we wouldn't be having this conversation. Unless any of them are having breakfast the size of Michael Phelps it shouldn't be a problem to them anyway.

Can't believe im reading this, if a player doesnt want to sign for a club just because he has to make his own breakfast, thank f**k....were in a position when we need harden professionals not pampered tossers

We don't exist in a vacuum.

Would you rather someone cooked for you for free or you paid for your food and had to cook it yourself?

Don't think being hard or soft comes into the equation. More like having a brain or not having a brain...

Ask yourself this - would such a measure been taken with a Steve Evans or Sheridan in charge? I think we know the answer.

I thought I'd read that this food thing was implemented by Robinson at the start of the season, so it's just taking that away. Not taking away something that has been there for years and is there at every other football club.

Might have that wrong though.

Indeed and if the players had bothered for the 1st hour against Lincoln we wouldn't be having this conversation. Unless any of them are having breakfast the size of Michael Phelps it shouldn't be a problem to them anyway.

Wonder how they coped away at walsall after having to make their own dinner. Or away at Oxford. Oh we won one and drew the other

Wonder how they coped away at walsall after having to make their own dinner. Or away at Oxford. Oh we won one and drew the other

People are missing the point.

The act itself is not a huge issue, players will just get on with it although what top pros like Clarke, Croft, Gerrard etc make of it who knows.

But it does appear to undermine the manager and to outsiders looking in will make us look tinpot.

We don't exist in a vacuum.

Would you rather someone cooked for you for free or you paid for your food and had to cook it yourself?

Don't think being hard or soft comes into the equation. More like having a brain or not having a brain...

Of course if someone made your food it'd be an advantage, but its not like your making the squads food on a rotational basis, your making 2 meals a day for yourself, they are all probably off the training ground at midday so not like there pushed for time and after a couple of weeks it'd become the norm and they wouldnt think twice about it, just my view, think we've got bigger issues in getting players to sign here than fending for themselves